When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO w/ Orange Numbers on Josh's Site

Martyd3

Since the case is the same, this is what I'm thinking...

If the watch is good, ultimately buy all three styles: Two Lite and one Full version. This way, if I like one of the lite versions better, I can simply swap the movement and movement holder. I would start buying one lite version first and examine its build quality. If it passes my standard, then I will go on and order the other two. :)

yeah that 128 dollar one is really nice looking. I have been looking at getting a genuine one when I go to the store but I just can't justify the price when the replica is so nearly spot on. And closest any get to the water is when I am washing my hands lol. Hope someone confirms if they can take gen parts like the crown and tube and if a gen dial and hands set can still be had. Heck I would do that send off the crystal for a different coating and call it good for a while or at least till the movement died on me.

I have confirmed with Joshua that this watch takes gen bezel. I'm pretty sure it will take gen dial and hands. However, if you are planning to get a $128 one and upgrade, you may want to figure out where you can source a movement retaining ring because it won't fit onto a Swiss ETA movement. Further more you may also need to upgrade the Swiss movement with taller cannon pinion and hour and second wheels.

I see I can still order gen parts from Ofrei website, but I'm not sure if he can still order them from Omega now. Any experience with this?

I have confirmed with Joshua that this watch takes gen bezel. I'm pretty sure it will take gen dial and hands. However, if you are planning to get a $128 one and upgrade, you may want to figure out where you can source a movement retaining ring because it won't fit onto a Swiss ETA movement. Further more you may also need to upgrade the Swiss movement with taller cannon pinion and hour and second wheels.

I see I can still order gen parts from Ofrei website, but I'm not sure if he can still order them from Omega now. Any experience with this?

If it's using a DG movement, the dial and hands probably won't fit. ETA hands don't fit on a DG movement, as well as the dial feet don't line up the same.

If it's using a DG movement, the dial and hands probably won't fit. ETA hands don't fit on a DG movement, as well as the dial feet don't line up the same.

So if I was going to change the dial and hands I would be better off ordering a swiss version and not a cheapo version?

You may be better off with the Swiss version because the fitting of the dial and hands to the movement. However, sinve you may or may not like the watch once you receive it, so buying a cheapo first makes perfect sense. To fully franken the cheapo you will need to order hands and dial. I would also order a gen bezel. You will need to order a Swiss movement with taller pinion and movement holder. Crown and tube may not be as necessary depends on how well they are made on the rep.

From what I understand the DG4813 is a clone of the Miyota 8125? That in itself wouldn't be a bad upgrade either really. The Miyota is a very good movement on it's own, sure it's not swiss but given the prices were talking about here it almost becomes a game of how little can you spend and still have a great watch?

I'm pretty excited, this is my first rep and I think I picked a winner.