When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm very happy with my current collection, 2010 ...

wheaton26

this post is becoming a yearly ritual for me as i've posted the same topic in december of 2008 and 2009. to be honest, there's not much change in my collection from last year besides the handful of gens and reps that have come and gone. lol. as some of you may or may not know, i like to keep my collection to around six watches that i wear regularly. i like the notion that if they're not being worn, then someone else might as well be enjoying them. i do have a couple of others that aren't pictured here, but from last years post i have four of the same watches. keepers for now i guess ... onto the pictures!

my current collection ...

DSC01895.jpg

rep audemars piguet rubberclad, fully modded by the zigmeister ...

DSC01897.jpg

rep breitling skyland blacksteel on oem rubber, fully modded by the zigmeister ...

DSC01898.jpg

rep iwc big pilot 5004 on oem gator, fully modded by the zigmeister ...

DSC01899.jpg

gen omega planet ocean ...

DSC01900.jpg

gen panerai 312 ...

DSC01901.jpg

rep rolex deepsea sea-dweller, fully modded by the zigmeister ...

DSC01902.jpg

i always enjoy seeing what everyone else has and hope you enjoyed seeing my final collection for 2010. till next december ... thank you rwg!

Is this now officially a Xmas tradition !!??!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great pics mate but that 312 aint gen ...admit it !!!! ;)

So what did Zig do to the DSSD? Which version is it? I can never tell when it comes to Rolex Doh!!!

Oh and tell me more about the watch case? I like that :thumbsupsmileyanim: very like a large Ling box crossed with a PAM box :)

A really great collection and representative of some of the finest franken pieces (reps with gen straps etc), I think we all start with big acquisitions of various pieces, but eventually settle on 3-6 really solid pieces we wear daily.

By the way, that 312 really is a special piece. Wear it well mate :)

Thanks for sharing your fantastic collection,really nice. :drinks: Im also In the process of winding down my collection,so many watches just sit In the box.Im thinking between 7-8 watches,with a few beaters thrown in for good measure should suffice. :g: Sounds good anyway ;)

Great post, this post has led me to actively seek out a Panerai 312

Love the watch box, very classy

thanks. i'm not sure if you're looking for a rep or gen, but either way ... go for it. it's an instant classic!

wow - great collection !

cheers,

Frank

thanks frank!

Is this now officially a Xmas tradition !!??!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great pics mate but that 312 aint gen ...admit it !!!! ;)

So what did Zig do to the DSSD? Which version is it? I can never tell when it comes to Rolex Doh!!!

Oh and tell me more about the watch case? I like that :thumbsupsmileyanim: very like a large Ling box crossed with a PAM box :)

lol. the dssd is the ultimate version with correct bezel that lani reviewed back in the day. this is the swiss version. regarding mods, really not too much i guess. the zigmeister serviced the movement and lumed everything. he also gave the bezel pearl a bubble shape and installed a chief double ar'd crystal. the top layer was later removed because of a couple minor scratches and it actually looks more gen this way because as we know ... rolex doesn't ar their crystals. regardng the watch case, it's a rainer watch box from germany. very well made and perfect for larger watches. all the best pete!

A really great collection and representative of some of the finest franken pieces (reps with gen straps etc), I think we all start with big acquisitions of various pieces, but eventually settle on 3-6 really solid pieces we wear daily.

By the way, that 312 really is a special piece. Wear it well mate :)

i totally agree, and thank you for the kind words!

Definate quality over quantity

thanks andy!

Thanks for sharing your fantastic collection,really nice. :drinks: Im also In the process of winding down my collection,so many watches just sit In the box.Im thinking between 7-8 watches,with a few beaters thrown in for good measure should suffice. :g: Sounds good anyway ;)

you're very welcome max. thinning the herd is tough, but it makes sense to me. best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...