When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BK Transformer's Got New Legs - Attn Seafoam

Utheman

I recently got a nice riveted bracelet from JMB and was planning on using it on an Explorer. But I got the idea it might work with my Bk Transformer. I think it looks pretty good even though its not "correct" for this model. What does everyone think, good or bad? I was also thinking I should add some lugholes and a gen insert. Here are some pics.

R16710_06.jpg

R16710_07.jpg

R16710_05.jpg

R16710_04.jpg

Utheman

As above, the bracelet looks fantastic, even if it isn't the correct model for the watch. On my favorite watch, I had to use a 90s-00s era bracelet as nothing else would actually fit, even though it's a 50s era case, however, I feel that the raised curve of the endlinks complements the curve of the crystal, so while certainly not period accurate, I feel it works, just as that riveted bracelet works on the GMT :drinks:

DSCN2704.jpg

Lug holes would certainly be a cool addition, then a little mild vintaging, and it'll be perfect :good:

I've owned 3 rep rivet bracelets and theyve all been super flimsy and 'tinny'. Is yours similar? If not, is there anyway to find out where you sourced yours from?

Don't forget, the bracelets are supposed to feel that way. people complain about gen bracelets feeling cheep and flimsy, when in reality, the bracelets were designed to be lightweight and practical, not made as prestige/luxury items :)

very nice :good: that BK transformer is amazing!

bracelets not bad , end link fit is rough though.

is BK still selling these?

These are all long gone noob factory don't make them any more and BK even tried to get a special order on them from his source with no luck. Apparentley their concentrating on the new ceramic models( more demand). Your very luck to have one.

Lugholes would be sweet W! I was going to do this to my BK transformer as well, but couldn't find anyone willing to do it so I sold it off. I like the riveted bracelet :D

A Gen insert makes a HUGE difference!

Hey Red. The insert is the next thing I think I'll do. I'm kind of on the fence about the lugholes so far for the reason you stated, and also because this case/watch would be hard to replace if I screwed it up - not to mention a little costly

I like the bracelet, it doesn't always matter if it's correct or not, I love the idea of creating a fantasy watch and the rep world allows you to do it. even an incorrect lume colour can be an eye Catcher and most people don't know.I think the rivets compliment the dots on the bezel insert.

Thanks simon. I didn't show it, but Seafoam had it re-lumed by Vac when he owned it and it's awesome.

As above, the bracelet looks fantastic, even if it isn't the correct model for the watch. On my favorite watch, I had to use a 90s-00s era bracelet as nothing else would actually fit, even though it's a 50s era case, however, I feel that the raised curve of the endlinks complements the curve of the crystal, so while certainly not period accurate, I feel it works, just as that riveted bracelet works on the GMT :drinks:

Lug holes would certainly be a cool addition, then a little mild vintaging, and it'll be perfect :good:

Thanks Teejay. I'm not ready to try any accelerated vintagizing yet, but I wear it so often it will get vintagized naturally.

What model is yours? I really like the vintage dial and the no crown guard look.

I've owned 3 rep rivet bracelets and theyve all been super flimsy and 'tinny'. Is yours similar? If not, is there anyway to find out where you sourced yours from?

Hey B. This one is thin but (to me) not flimsy or tinny at all. It has a nice quality feel to it. Only the open end links are a little weak. I accidently twisted one a little bit by not doing much of anything. Some of the links are just a tiny bit stiff, and I'm going to fix that with some oil or bike chain lube treatment. I got it from member JMB - great guy to deal with and he does alot of his own builds. Really nice work. Maybe you've seen him and his Tudors here.

I agree with simon, the rivets of the bracelet really look good with the bezel. I like it a lot.

Thanks Krpster. I think that's what caught my eye.

very nice :good: that BK transformer is amazing!

bracelets not bad , end link fit is rough though.

Thanks High. You're right, the end link fit isn't perfect. The gaps are there but are actually pretty small and hard to notice unless you're zoomed way in in macro mode. The alignment and flushness I think I can sort out with a little tweaking and bending.

is BK still selling these?

what Simon says..... They're long gone. You just have to get very lucky in the sales section

Thanks Teejay. I'm not ready to try any accelerated vintagizing yet, but I wear it so often it will get vintagized naturally.

What model is yours? I really like the vintage dial and the no crown guard look.

You're very welcome, if you do need any tips on case abuse, er, I mean, accelerated aging, just let me know :)

Thanks :) Mine is essentially a 6200, the original Rolex diving watch before it was even branded 'Submariner', but it is more a 'loosely inspired by', rather than an accurate replication. The most obvious issues (ignoring the bracelet) are the bezel and crown. The dial printing is also not quite right either, but, the dial decal was originally for an Explorer I, which I modified to more closely resemble the 6200 dial :) It's by far the most comfortable of all my watches, and while the dial is not quite as easy to read as the Tudor Snowflake dial, the numbers and baton markers are a nice change from the more conventional Submariner markers :)