When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One of my current projects - DSSD

txcollector

With the help of BK and getting parts from other places I'm working on this one. I must say I wasn't too impressed when I started but now it's growing on me. The crystal BK provided is simply awesome.

I tried to get a more gen like color/effect on the bezel markings with an enamel combination of aluminum and gray. The color looks spot on.

dssd3.jpg

DSSD2.jpg

dssd1a.jpg

dssd4.jpg

I'm waiting for my ETA 2836-2 to replace the dial and to apply BK's DW overlay.

The only complaint I have about it is the weight. It tires my wrist if I wear it all day long.

Don't want to spoil the party....

Yes, the pics are set up nice, but I find it nearly impossible to

say anything outstanding about the quality of the watch from these pictures.

Actually the bezel insert looks like it doesn't fit at all.

I have seen nicer pearls as well.

Not a spoil at all. As I said, this is work in progress. You're right, I probably need to reset the insert. Is there a better one available and what type of glue do you guys recommend?

I started with a low end older model and I started changing parts. BK was kind enough to find me a few but I'm still working on this one.

What version was it to start with? I thought on the current noob ones the only real thing BK changes is the DW overlay, other than that he just does minor inspection and QC things?

I believe that is true but I usually have to work on my watches to like them better. To buy the final thing it's just too easy :)