When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Baby

Nanuq

After 5 years and 20,000 miles it's time to replace my mountain bike. So, I did some research and this is what I landed on. It's a Kona "Unit 2-9" designed for single-speed use, but modified with derailleur hangers to do multi-speed. Hayes hydraulics, 7" discs, XTR bits, Dedacciai SAT tubes, Bomber SL forks, carbon Synchros bars, etc.

The best part are the 29" wheels... they're AMAZING for offroad and snow riding. Now I just need to find 29" studded tires. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Enjoy!

126935-20177.jpg

very nice - i recently got my first ever "real" bike. I don't mountain - in fact i have a bad back :) also i live in florida ;) and i use it just for some exercise. My wife and i found these bikes after alot of research - more of a cruiser really

I have the 21 speed electric blue townie

126982-20165.jpg

above isn't my personal bike, but its a good photo

my wife has the pink one 126982-20166.jpg Its a 3 speed.

Notice the offset pedels - Its like nothing i have ever ridden before. It takes a few minutes to get used to but its super enjoyable It feels much more like riding a motorcycle - cause your in more of a sitting position.

cool comfortable and good for people with bad backs that cant hunch over.

http://www.electrabike.com/06_new/flash_index.html

if you have an auth dealer in the area - i recomend going to try it out, just cause its that different :)

Daaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. I spent almost that much on two TIRES.

http://www.icebike.com/Equipment/nokian296.htm

I know right, i drop that on a rep without thinking, but because its a bike - something i never put money into - its a huge deal :)

And, the only hills we have in florida are landfills - and, the only weather is hurricanes :) so, i don't think those tires would help :)

Nice bike, but you put gears on it :Jumpy:

I just finished building another single speed (my Bianchi Boss was stolen out of the house) out of a 1999 S-Works Stumpjumper. I even replaced the White Bros fork with a rigid ;)

I have a gear bike (Rocky Mountain Vertex Team) and a road bike, but am sooooooooo tempted by a 29er :D