When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex/GMT II Experts needed

d-rock

MBW's seem to be well known and highly regarded for Franken modding. Is anyone familiar with the MBW GMT II ? I can't say that I recall having ever heard/read mention on them. Anyone ??

If so, they should be able to accept gen parts much like the WM9 can, yes ??

d-r,

look at by-tor's reviews of the correct hand stack version of the 16710. I believe it was a noobfactory version. He wrote a pretty nice review on it. However, i believe he has changed his mind about the CHS version, as it was so problematic for most everyone who owned one. I don't know where you would find a MBW now. if they are even still available. Since Eurotimez disappeared, they haven't been widely available. I believe that at least one of the members here has access to MBW watches, and can get them on occasion. Problem is most everyone has moved on to the ceramic GMT IIc, What we really need is a good version of the 1675. That one has the same hand stack as the 2836-2 and the 2893-2 movements. A really correct version of the 1675 should sell like hot cakes!

• 2 weeks later...

Yup...seems there is MUCH hype for the GMT IIc's. I'm not much on the shiny ceramic bezels and the maxi-dial set up.

I'm really interested in the old Black Noob Factory EXP II....who knows, maybe I will get lucky.

Maybe you just missed a BK Noob Transformer for sale on RG............ :thumbdown:

Oooops...wrong thread D-Rock....I knew you was looking for a BK Transformer GMT also :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by PMMUTD68

The TW best review by Bytor is an interesting read. I bought a GMT from Joshua maybe 6-7 years ago. He only offered it for a short time and then it was gone never to return (to my knowledge). The watch had all the characteristics of a TW/MBW.....lug holes were small and looked the same as my MBW Subs and it also had an off center "swiss made" on the dial which is another characteristic I knew from my old TW best subs. Rehaut is also just like Bytors watch. It looks very similar to the watch Bytor reviewed EXCEPT.......it contains a swiss ETA 2893 movement, crown is centered on the case and the bracelet is a hollow link type with polished link sides just like the gen. Wish I could post a few nice pictures buy my cell only takes crappy shots. Anyone else familar with the watch I have?