When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

wat44

Just get one and wear it for a while... see what little imperfections start to drive you crazy first and mod them in that order

AR was the 1st to get to me... lume will be next.

I don't care about datewheel font's but german day/date looks cool so that'll be done when I decide to lume/service mine

The above is pretty much the same order I followed ....

Have just found a gen crown, and will probably swap movements to ETA at the same time I upgrade the crown. It's a never ending battle with me and this watch. I should just buy the gen and be done ... :)

I know exactly what you mean tomhorn.. :)

IMG_0400.jpg

If on a strict budget I would go for the DDW swap and AR.. Next would be a service and lume.. In that particular order.. :)

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with modelizer with the exception that you should get the watch serviced and lumed at the same time you swap the Datewheel. Since you have to remove the hands to install the datewheel and apply lume anyways.. you mind as well service the movement.

The first thing then, could be AR.. Relatively easy to take out a crystal, and barely no messing with the movement in order to get out the crystal.

• 2 months later...

ok - so when I read about Vac and Chief AR - do I send a watch to different people to do different things? or can I get a dealer to send to a modder? or does VAC already sell the watch without the need to go to a dealer?

thanks

also, I assume that there is only one asian 7750 version of this watch (about $280) - is that right?

I believe there is one on the sales boards that is Vac modded.

Vac will send crystals to Chief for AR coating. The wait is sometimes unbearably long, but more or less worth the wait. Another option is to pick up a Taka crystal (which he has in stock and ships quickly). You can send it out to a watchsmith to swap crystals and that may be easier for some people. Watchsmiths should have no issues installing the ETA day/date wheels for you too should you go that route.