When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buy watches in China

dmacnz

Hi Guys.

I've done alot of reading about the wholesale markets in Guangzhou. And i'm planning to go take a look in the next few months as i'm living very close in Macau...

But my question is has anyone had any luck with high quality watches from Zhuhai? I have spent a few days exploring but most watches seem to be of lower quality. Or maybe as me being pretty new to the hobby, Im looking at the wrong stuff! But is there any easy way to confirm is a watch has quality movement (non 21j etc) without opening the watch up?!

Any info would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Dan

hi Dan,

I had to look that up as i had never heard of the place before but I see it is situated in Guangdong and yes I do believe they have a thriving rep trade there but unfortunately I don't know where.

I'm sure someone will pop up soon with the info you need.

Ken

Hi Guys.

I've done alot of reading about the wholesale markets in Guangzhou. And i'm planning to go take a look in the next few months as i'm living very close in Macau...

But my question is has anyone had any luck with high quality watches from Zhuhai? I have spent a few days exploring but most watches seem to be of lower quality. Or maybe as me being pretty new to the hobby, Im looking at the wrong stuff! But is there any easy way to confirm is a watch has quality movement (non 21j etc) without opening the watch up?!

Any info would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Dan

I am pretty sure most 21 jewel movements are low beat (6 beat per second) although there are a few hi beat 21 j movements

while most eta and eta clones are hi beat/ 8 beats per second

Agree wtih above. Unfortunately I lef those busines cards at my home. The good dealers will show you the good ones (not in their store) from their supplier's office upstaris if they know you.

anyway, it will be a nice trip, good experience for you. you will see them selling straps, watch case, dials, watch stand, for wholesale prices

If you are to use the MTR (underground train), Yuexie Park will be the station you want to get off.

643b6710.jpg

This 'coin' is the train ticket.

ac644c67.jpg

Watch City

078dcebf.jpg

d524287d.jpg

09d295e7.jpg

8b545778.jpg

Foods there are nice and reasonable too! Chinese buffets.

07bd814b.jpg

064139e0.jpg

388cb023.jpg

19dbe400.jpg

c8bb38ac.jpg

d9cb0673.jpg

DMACNZ: What other people are saying is true .. since you do not have a buying relationship with any wholesalers, you will almost never be shown *any* good watches nor given any good prices.

Put yourself into their position .. they don't know you so why should they trust you or offer you their best price.

Regarding common A21j movements, the 2813 is the low beat, and 4813 in the high beat variant. "A21j" is a catch all phrase for a whole bag of mystery movements as well. The x813 series is a clone of the excellent Japanese Miyota movement and can be very dependable.

i was in hong kong, macau and zhuhai in december. everything i saw was canal st. quality. in zhuhai, i even asked the sellers for their highest quality watches and they still showed me very cheap stuff. there was a cheap version of the 360 that i should have bought just for fun, but i didn't. unless you have one of our dealers show you around, you're better off buying here. all the best.