When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Philippe Aquanaut Jumbo

Guest Sql_pl

Im looking it up on the trusted dealers. Why is the v3 less money than the v2?

the only difference I can spot is the movement.

The v3 uses swiss 2824-2 & the v2 uses Selitta SW. The v2 has nicer rotor on the movement though looks closer to gen, but I cant justify the price. 

Selitta

post-21269-0-94285100-1357642005_thumb.j

Swiss

post-21269-0-09477400-1357642016_thumb.j

I bought the V3 from Mary one month ago, and just found a V2 from a fellow member.

I will look into the difference and post a review, but need a bit of time as work is taking up all my time currently...

the only difference I can spot is the movement.

The v3 uses swiss 2824-2 & the v2 uses Selitta SW. The v2 has nicer rotor on the movement though looks closer to gen, but I cant justify the price. 

I have the V2, great watch, love them, very comfortable I'm sure the gen strap will be fine. Someone over on rwi did the same sometime ago.

I was trying to work out the differences between V2 and V3 sometime ago, I'll requote, seems they are very similar, V3 done in more colours and straight movement in display, V2 has 'decorated' rotor. (It's a sticker, but the rotor and pearlage itself is nice, never gonna be patek finishing :))

1. Patek Aquanaut Versions

I love the Aquanaut, but clearly I'm not up to speed on the technical details.

Apparently there are three versions of this watch, and movements do not distinguish the version.

I feel pretty confident that the primary difference between version 1 and 2 is a much improved lume job on version 2. As you can see by the pics, version 1 simply has lume stickers in the shape of the numbers, those stickers are laid on top of steel numbers. I have this version now and when you look at it with a loop, it's pretty clear that's what's happening.

Version 2 has different numbers that are hollowed out (for lack of a better word) and then filled with lume. This is a better design and looks a lot better IMO. Also, looks like the hands are lumed better too.

Version 3 seem identical to version 2, so I'm not sure what the difference is.

The question is, does anyone know that differentiates the three?

Version 1:

v1.jpg

Version 2:

v2.jpg

Version 3:

c886acfb55c5573e97113e847c54e119image800

clear.gif

2. icon1.png

I'm not sure either
    grin.gif
    but I have version 2 (I think) the one from Josh/Andrew and I think it's the best one. I don't know what sort of concoction V3 is, but I think it is a fantasy,...brown dial? There are no brown dial/Steel aquanauts, brown dial is on the rose gold gen. Also the movement is completely undecorated? (although V2 had minimal decoration it is still nicer) and more correct PP dw. The V2 is closer to gen no doubt, also there is no blue Aquanaut. It's all very confusing, what doesn't help is the cheaper versions at different price points without lume etc.

Here is a V2.

4590446128_43e1c213b3_o.jpg

4589826537_213d417c72_o.jpg

3. icon1.png

I forgot to add tes, the V1 just seems to be without superlume numbers and markers etc.

I'm still a bit confused
    smiley.gif
    V3 just seems to be a different maker stab at the aquanaut, the term V3 makes it seem like an update/upgrade, but by all accounts it seems a step back in quality...just more colour choices.?

Received mine.

I love it. But the lume on the hour hand is bad compared to the rest of the watch. And it runs really fast. Its hard to handwinf and the rotor follows around when I handwind.

So this has to go out for a relume & a full service...

But it looks good!! It is the v3 from Joshua with swiss 2824.

post-21269-0-71910800-1358281436_thumb.j

post-21269-0-40961500-1358281438_thumb.j

post-21269-0-88124300-1358281439_thumb.j

post-21269-0-74533500-1358281441_thumb.j

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...