When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Sub WM9 V1 modded

z80

I just got this in the mail yesterday. It started as a WM9 or PT V1 with the flat S dial. It was serviced and the dial Dial was relumed (Domi) and CG's modded, and BK's custom crown was installed (Was told by BK). I bought it as having a gen insert/pearl, but I think the insert is from a 16800 as it's flat black. The gen pearl looks incredible. Opinions?

003pmq.jpg

010uz.jpg

... the insert is from a 16800 as it's flat black. ...

There is no specific 16800 / 16610 insert, both use the same part number. If it has a SL pearl it is 16610, if it has a tritium pearl it can be from either 16800, 168000 or 16610.

Very nice watch, I am building one myself these days :)

Why clark crystal is it better?

I would not swap for a clarks crystal. The V1 crystal is probably as good as it gets with a rep crystal and to be honest I found the gen crystal not much of an improvement. The etched coronet was very well done on my V1, the crystal dimensions were correct and the quality is very good as well.

@Klocklind1: Are you sure that your v1 from PT will not have the engraved rehaut? Because as far as i know the non engraved rehaut is not available any more.

Yes I am 100 % sure as I already got the pictures of the actual watch I will get :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It looks exactly like the sub supreme he has on his website but without the engraved rehaut, and comes with the nice decorated SWISS eta 2836-2 ( not a asian clone eta!)

But he only got 10 watches totally without the engraved rehaut :wounded1:

But pm him if we can get more of them :whistling:

It is a VERY nice sub :D

I wanted to try something different and something that strays from the "as gen as possible" thought... I put an SSD bracelet on the Sub. I never really liked that the sides of the Sub were polished but the sides of the bracelet were brushed. This made the bracelet look even cheaper than it actually is (and gen Sub bracelets do look kind of cheap). Anyway, here it is.

033tc.jpg

]

030ji.jpg