When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Smp Chrono Revealed! Best I've Seen Yet!

Bignasty

My gen SMP pro chrono didn't have AR coat on the crystal... Same as my regular SMP pro...

Don't know why, and maybe it does have *some* kind of coat, but it's not the blue/purple we are used to with other brands.

I love this watch, will be my next purchase (as soon as I recover from the last two :lol:

Why do you want the rep if you have the gen? Or did you already sell the gen ? :g:

Sorry, just a little confused here.

I've checked it in the (artificial) light and cant tell whether there is AR, I'll have to check in daylight.

Gorgeous watch - I hope we see the black version soon

135844-18211.jpg

This dial would require moving subdials around, so unless it would have ETA 7753 I would be iffy about it. With an ETA 7753 you are looking at close to $700, so better off saving for a genuine! Stick with the current SMP chronos, they are perfect with this dial layout. Unlikely to get better than this.

Quick edit: Also, the datewheel will probably sit deeper as a result of moving subdials around.

Edited by Chronus

A well written article for you guys who prefer the black, newer Seamaster Pro Chrono... ;)

Why I really don't care the new Seamaster Pro Chronograph-Chronometre...

Personally, I prefer the blue "Bond" version, with the skeleton hands. It is one of the "Omega-Icons". :) A replica of the black version will no doubt suffer from the same sunken date as the Broad Arrow and Navitimers..

This new replica is definently worth the money! Hopefully, I will soon finish my mini-review with comparisons with the old, ETA- SMP replica. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

How is the wave pattern on the dial?

I find the only major flaw of my SMP is the wave pattern on the dial. While it is very similar to the gen, it does not have the same "shiny-ness" that the gen has. The wave pattern on the gen really jumps out at you. is the wave pattern on this new chrono better than the SMP

Thanx.

I have just received mine today from Joshua and as you say the gen has a shiny wave. I have to say that the rep is very close indeed with a good raised groove to the wave and it does shine more but would benefit from AR coating on the crystal to show it up more. I would give it 90% effect compared to the gen.

The watch itself is very close and can clearly be seen that a real one was used to copy this as it is more correct in nearly all departments such as measurements and detailing. It even has a correct internal thread on the crown and tube as per OEM.

I think I would happily walk into a dealer with this one on my wrist. The bracelet would let it down though if removed as it has screws and does not quite feel perfectly finished as per the gen.

On the whole though this is a very good, if not the best Omega rep to date.

The bezel insert was not aligned on mine but luckily it was loose so an easy fix was done by removing, turning the bezel and glueing back in. :)

Why do you want the rep if you have the gen? Or did you already sell the gen ? :g:

Sorry, just a little confused here.

I've checked it in the (artificial) light and cant tell whether there is AR, I'll have to check in daylight.

I *used* to have the gen... Really nice watch, although at the time, I was wearing a suit and the watch didn't suit a suit as it is around 16mm thick.

My wife bought me a gen SMP pro non chrono for my birthday and it suited a suit just fine :wub:

Now that I don't need to wear a suit so much, the chrono may be in order, the jury's still out as there are so many nice reps out there and more to come :thumbsupsmileyanim:

137307-17900.jpg

I have just received mine today from Joshua and as you say the gen has a shiny wave. I have to say that the rep is very close indeed with a good raised groove to the wave and it does shine more but would benefit from AR coating on the crystal to show it up more. I would give it 90% effect compared to the gen.

The watch itself is very close and can clearly be seen that a real one was used to copy this as it is more correct in nearly all departments such as measurements and detailing. It even has a correct internal thread on the crown and tube as per OEM.

I think I would happily walk into a dealer with this one on my wrist. The bracelet would let it down though if removed as it has screws and does not quite feel perfectly finished as per the gen.

On the whole though this is a very good, if not the best Omega rep to date.

The bezel insert was not aligned on mine but luckily it was loose so an easy fix was done by removing, turning the bezel and glueing back in. :)

Kewl, thanx for the info!

I think I will wait and see if the come out with a Ti version...as I already have a SS SMP..

A Ti version would be V E R Y K E W L ! ! !