When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My precious 203a

zhoon1129

Finally my 203a project is over..

It took me so much longer than I expected and finally it's here.

FGD dial, FGD hands, Dsn Pre v case, T48 Crown, LH CG, Jakob caseback and swiss unitas.

Dlc coated by avitt and most importantly relumed and built by The Zigmeister!

I'm so proud that I own this piece and I can't thank enough for those who helped my build. Especially The Zigmeister's work.. I've only hear about his magic and this is the first time I've actually experienced him and ... wow.. I just don't know what to say about the quality.. Thanks The Zigmeister!

It's both cosmetically and functionally perfect.

Now all I have to do is wear this beautiful piece with pride. Enjoy the pics!

post-25872-0-39690700-1295931375.jpg

post-25872-0-92913400-1295931431.jpg

post-25872-0-51373800-1295931475.jpg

post-25872-0-22952800-1295931564.jpg

post-25872-0-74845900-1295931653.jpg

post-25872-0-53047600-1295931709.jpg

post-25872-0-33757600-1295931827.jpg

Know what you mean there Kid. The 203a is special to me also. DSN did an amazing job on this watch.. This is my baby..:whistling:post-3251-0-47856500-1295942626.jpg

Edited by hambone

great build!!! Congrats. The Zigmeister is really a meister.

Quick suggestion: shave a little bit from the CG pin. It should be an innie not an outie. :)

b.jpg

Question: Does the DSN case have the lugs drilled for the pre-v bars or have you asked The Zigmeister to do it? I can't see by the pics.

16.jpg

great build!!! Congrats. The Zigmeister is really a meister.

Quick suggestion: shave a little bit from the CG pin. It should be an innie not an outie. :)

b.jpg

Question: Does the DSN case have the lugs drilled for the pre-v bars or have you asked The Zigmeister to do it? I can't see by the pics.

16.jpg

I know what you mean but I can't shave the cg pin cause it has the special darkened effect on it. If I shave it it would be pure brushed and it'd be too bright.

It just need to be pushed in a little. If you see the cg from the back the cg pin needs to be just pushed in a little more to flush with the cg. And I believe there are some gens with cg pin a bit outie and some with innie. And the DSN case had the lugs drilled when it came. Thanks!

I know what you mean but I can't shave the cg pin cause it has the special darkened effect on it. If I shave it it would be pure brushed and it'd be too bright.

It just need to be pushed in a little. If you see the cg from the back the cg pin needs to be just pushed in a little more to flush with the cg. And I believe there are some gens with cg pin a bit outie and some with innie. And the DSN case had the lugs drilled when it came. Thanks!

I've seen many 203/A that have the pin polished. In fact I believe I saw a LNIB at Risti (selling for a huge sum) that had never been recoated that had a polished pin. I believe many owners had theirs recoated and that's how you see blackened pins around.

DSCN0710.jpg

DSCN0715.jpg

It will be interesting to see if you can push it without removing the PVD. Keep us updated if you decide to do it.

Beautiful piece.

I've seen many 203/A that have the pin polished. In fact I believe I saw a LNIB at Risti (selling for a huge sum) that had never been recoated that had a polished pin. I believe many owners had theirs recoated and that's how you see blackened pins around.

DSCN0710.jpg

DSCN0715.jpg

It will be interesting to see if you can push it without removing the PVD. Keep us updated if you decide to do it.

Beautiful piece.

wow is that a picture of the gen cg pin? I've seen many gen 203a pics too but i couldn't see a single polished pin for 203a gen.

What I have as of now seems to have pretty close color and effect to the one from gen pic so I think I'm just going to push the cg pin a little inside and it should be the end of it.

I hope this can be done without removing the coating of the cg. You own a great 203a too!

Edited by zhoon1129

this is almost an identical build to mine, including the frogman strap!

only difference in the spec sheet is that im using a EL case!

very excited to get mine back from avitt now!!

good for you man!

Does EL case has the correct short rug shape too? I heard EL case is nice too.

I thought that looked like his insignia on the back of the strap. Did you get it recently? I've been trying to contact him for some work for a while

nah.. I got it a while ago.

Finally my 203a project is over..

It took me so much longer than I expected and finally it's here.

FGD dial, FGD hands, Dsn Pre v case, T48 Crown, LH CG, Jakob caseback and swiss unitas.

Dlc coated by avitt and most importantly relumed and built by The Zigmeister!

I'm so proud that I own this piece and I can't thank enough for those who helped my build. Especially The Zigmeister's work.. I've only hear about his magic and this is the first time I've actually experienced him and ... wow.. I just don't know what to say about the quality.. Thanks The Zigmeister!

It's both cosmetically and functionally perfect.

Now all I have to do is wear this beautiful piece with pride. Enjoy the pics!

Looks awesome. Very very nice!!! Wish I could find something like this built already!