When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-V hands set.

gianton

Check this link for the correct handset for PreV:

There's an interesting story of how the board came to a collective realization that this had to be fixed.

If I recall correctly, someone posted their 202a or 203a. Someone commented the hands were incorrect. Siesta then posted his, which had the correct hands modded by Spinmaster for the PreV look. People realized there was a difference. Fishgodeep went on a warpath to get the correct hands made.

FGD still has some PreV hands left as recently as last month. The alternative is Helenarou.

I love this place.

Edited by mir36

FGD Pre-V/A style hands:

Note how far the lume strip extends into the tip of the hand...

those indices on that dial looks very nice. really like the depth of it

may i ask who did that lume, if its lumed at all. Thanks!

Edited by evis

Remember....before FGD and Helenarou put out their Pre-V hand sets.....DSN was selling what he called "Pre-V" hands....which is probably the hand sets that is pictured about.....so I don't think the original seller was disingenuous about selling them as Pre-V.

I had order a Pre-V set from DSN last year and that's what I received......with FGD and Helenarou editions now DSN's can be argued as not Pre-V ;)

Olreon accepted to return the hands set and will refund fully my payment as soon as he receives them.

No surprise. Olreon is one of the original honorable members and I have many good transactions with him. I do have to say that parts a continuing problem. Many have changed hands numerous times to the point that someone along the line was told that something is a specific part and has no reason to doubt it. The best example is the legendary Fu cases. For everyone made there have been three sold because that is what the last guy told them.

As long as we are on Pre-v handsets, I am contemplating putting together a Pre-A and was wondering whether they had Pre-V or contemporary handsets? Anyone?

Pre-A had the Pre-V handsets W

Some Pre-A were slightly different to the Pre-V from the few pictures I've collected. They were as wide as the Pre-V but the lume strip did not extend as far into the tip triangle as the Pre-Vs.

That said, quite a number had standard Pre-V hands like this one (http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/tmac65/PreA2%20Set/DSC_0020.jpg)

Interesting to note, on the M series of new PAMs, quite a number are coming with Pre-V handsets.

IMG_1103.jpg

Edited by unregistered