When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

El Primero watches, Picked up a gen Tag Link!

Mickey Padge

A fellow member was kind enough to point out the sale of a Tag Link Calibre 36 watch, and I was lucky enough to buy it! Thanks very much dvn for that! :)

It is a lovely watch, I am so happy with it! I re-finished the bezel to a mirror polished finish (original owner brushed it), and re-brushed the entire case/bracelet. The outer AR coating was pretty messed up, so I removed it. The white dial does not really need double AR, single is fine. If anything the AR scratches were distracting from the simple, pure white dial. I snapped some quick pictures, what do you guys think?

dsc03965.th.jpgdsc03968f.th.jpgdsc03969w.th.jpg

dsc03970wh.th.jpgdsc03974ke.th.jpgdsc03976k.th.jpg

dsc03968ae.jpg

The watch looks almost new, the AR inside the crystal is very effective, the dial still really "pops" out at you, such a comfortable watch too! The chronograph runs butter smooth, you can hardly see the ticks! B)

I think I got a great deal, the box and papers were included, and the recent full service is still holding a four and a half year guarantee, I would just need to send it back to Canada :)

Comments and observations welcome! B)

Looks fantastic! That white dial is super clean and crisp!

Overall, looks very minty and definitely a nice pick up!

:wub:

Cheers Ubi, and Yep, the dial/hands are totally spotless, as is the whole watch really, although my refurbish did improve things quite a bit! The previous owners brushing of the bezel was not that great! :)

Definitely the grandest watch of the Link series. I wish it was mine. :D

Congrats!

PS: Moved to TAG section.

Thanks BT, always wanted an El Primero based watch, when this popped up, I had to grab it. The Link bracelet is so comfortable too! Thanks for the tidy up, this thread has kind of changed a bit now! ;)

• 1 month later...