When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Miami Florida - Where to stay, eat, & shop?

Eton

Hey Guys,

Some of my co-workers and I are going to Florida for business in April :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So, just wondering if you had any hotel suggestions in Miami, or in the vicinity?!? Also, any restaurant and shopping suggestions would be most appreciated as well! Thanks in advance ;)

Cheers!

:drinks:

Any hotel in South BEach will do if you want some beach action! Food wise......man you'll go nuts! I hope you're into Sea-food, then you're in HEAVEN, baby! Check out Bayside Market Place........several Resto with different flavors! More down to earth! I'm not much into Fancy Resto, so I avoid them!

BTW: got the strap....Thanks!

F-

Any hotel in South BEach will do if you want some beach action! Food wise......man you'll go nuts! I hope you're into Sea-food, then you're in HEAVEN, baby! Check out Bayside Market Place........several Resto with different flavors! More down to earth! I'm not much into Fancy Resto, so I avoid them!

BTW: got the strap....Thanks!

F-

Thanks F! LOVE Seafood and a down to earth feel is the perfect combination...I'll put it on the list!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Glad the strap arrived! :good:

You won't find any reps in Miami, if thats what you mean.

No, I'm talking Gen boutiques, but that's an easy search!

I like the Intercontinental Hotel at Chopin Plaza. It's quieter than South Beach, but easy to get there for some bar action. There is bar near the beach that has an ungodly amount of really cool beers on tap.. too bad I forget the name :)

Thanks! If you remember the name, please let me know! :drinks:

Great small neighborhood restaurant: La Provence Grill, Fabio the owner will take good care of you.

Great non-tourist club: Bardot, (3456 North Miami Avenue) off the beach, but the best place at the moment.

Best beach: between 2. and 3. Street (all the locals still go there).

Great sushi at Sushi Siam (55th street Station, also check out NightOwl, the only store that sells Donerix's straps :) ).

Best Pool: Still the Raleigh IMO

There is also a great watch store in Bal Harbor on the second level and the Italian restaurant at street level used to be one of my favorites (I lived in Miami for 10 years).

Great intimate Italian dining and upstairs lounge: Casa Tua (not cheap, but worth going, great cocktails), 1700 James Avenue

Bal Harbor. The most upscale shopping mall in the states.

Beautiful watch shop on the street level. Anything you could possibly imagine.

Sweet, much appreciated!

Great small neighborhood restaurant: La Provence Grill, Fabio the owner will take good care of you.

Great non-tourist club: Bardot, (3456 North Miami Avenue) off the beach, but the best place at the moment.

Best beach: between 2. and 3. Street (all the locals still go there).

Great sushi at Sushi Siam (55th street Station, also check out NightOwl, the only store that sells Donerix's straps :) ).

Best Pool: Still the Raleigh IMO

There is also a great watch store in Bal Harbor on the second level and the Italian restaurant at street level used to be one of my favorites (I lived in Miami for 10 years).

Great intimate Italian dining and upstairs lounge: Casa Tua (not cheap, but worth going, great cocktails), 1700 James Avenue

Wow, D, thank you for the amazing suggestions, that's perfect!!! I'm really starting to get excited now...I love to eat and shop, so I have a feeling I'm going to like Miami! :D

Thanks for your input guys!

:drinks:

Hi Eton

Just saw this. Been back to Miami Beach in December (usually going there for the Art Basel Miami thingy).

I recommend Indomania for a great Rijstafel and cosy, friendly atmosphere. Had a great time there, it's not upscale and you get decent prices (not one of Miami Beach's fortes, usually).

For Breakfast and Snacking check http://www.lasandwicherie.com/, for Budget late night binge eating Tyrannosaurus Mex right beside.

For decent lunch and a good wine list I'd go to the Pelican Cafe on Ocean Drive. Nice terrasse for people spotting. :)

Oh and if you need that extra energy kick go to one of the many small Cuban spots and order a Colada. Enjoy with care, it will make your hair stand up! :lol:

Most of the fancy famous restaurants are ripp offs in my opinion. I tried a lot of them and was almost always disappointed.

Have fun!

Val.

Hi Eton

Just saw this. Been back to Miami Beach in December (usually going there for the Art Basel Miami thingy).

I recommend Indomania for a great Rijstafel and cosy, friendly atmosphere. Had a great time there, it's not upscale and you get decent prices (not one of Miami Beach's fortes, usually).

For Breakfast and Snacking check http://www.lasandwicherie.com/, for Budget late night binge eating Tyrannosaurus Mex right beside.

For decent lunch and a good wine list I'd go to the Pelican Cafe on Ocean Drive. Nice terrasse for people spotting. :)

Oh and if you need that extra energy kick go to one of the many small Cuban spots and order a Colada. Enjoy with care, it will make your hair stand up! :lol:

Most of the fancy famous restaurants are ripp offs in my opinion. I tried a lot of them and was almost always disappointed.

Have fun!

Val.

Thanks Val, your help is greatly appreciated! It will be part business/part pleasure, so I want to add as much pleasure as possible to the trip...without getting arrested of course ;)

Got one more:

Sugarcane in midtown, sushi and tapas, unusual combination, but great food and the place alone is worth going.

Thanks D, love Sushi, it's on the list...sounds fantastic! :good:

I lived In the Miami/Ft-Lauderdale area for about tweenty years,South Beach Is a must,the women :Jumpy: . No trip to Miami Is complete without a trip to Joes Stone Crab.http://www.joesstonecrab.com/

Thanks M, Perfect!!! :Jumpy:

as Donerix said, the 2nd & 3rd street area for miami beach locals....you can always head away from the tourist areas and go to where the Miami locals go....right now....Mary Brickell Village area(many restaurants and lounges) and Coral Gables you can go to Hillstone's or Ruth Chris Steakhouse...lots of nice restaurants in those two nice areas....depends on your budget....nothing closes early...places on the beach open until 5am, and there are after-parties until morning and noon the next day, if you can find them

Edited by btocamelo

as Donerix said, the 2nd & 3rd street area for miami beach locals....you can always head away from the tourist areas and go to where the Miami locals go....right now....Mary Brickell Village area(many restaurants and lounges) and Coral Gables you can go to Hillstone's or Ruth Chris Steakhouse...lots of nice restaurants in those two nice areas....depends on your budget....nothing closes early...places on the beach open until 5am, and there are after-parties until morning and noon the next day, if you can find them

Sweet, thanks!!! :drinks:

@Eton,no problem,have fun my man :drinks:

You betcha! :drinks:

I'm looking forward to it, great input here is making it sweeter by the post! Bringing the DLSR for sure, might even head to watch a shuttle launch as it just happens to be scheduled at the samee time! :Jumpy:

I will be in Orlando at the end of February and beginning of March...staying at a golf resort though it's a business convention. Also open to tips as it looks like I have 2 days open before and one day open after the conference for other activities...

I will be in Orlando at the end of February and beginning of March...staying at a golf resort though it's a business convention. Also open to tips as it looks like I have 2 days open before and one day open after the conference for other activities...

They have a fantastic classic car show on the weekend :)http://www.old-town.com/specialEvents.html