When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

George from wm9

Edwin25

There is no way to know how much he got, as there were some lucky folks who were only into it for a pretty small deposit, others, me included, paid the full price. The price, when I paid in full back in November of 09', was 375.00 USD. There is no telling how many paid that or close to that price. I've heard some people speculate that he got away with several hundred thousand dollars.I seriously question that figure. He would have had to presell 800-1000 watches @ the full price to arrive at that amount of money.

What is so strange is, why would a fellow that was enjoying a great deal of success as a watch builder, suddenly disappear? I believe that their is more to it than meets the eye in this saga. Anything on our part would be pure speculation, but it is a fact that things started unraveling about the time he took his website down. He very well could have gotten a visit from the authorities who scared him into running. Rolex SA has very long arms and enormous resources. They are unrelenting in their determination to stamp out "fakes". It wouldn't surprise me in the least that WM9's watches were so good that Rolex zeroed in on him and decided to really put the heat on him. I doubt that he or anyone else would want to take the chance of ignoring the authorities in this sort of situation. Given the choice of shutting down or risking jail would be an easy decision.Having owned a WM9 v3 and doing a side by side comparison with a genuine 16610 Sub, there is no way the average watch buyer could tell if this was genuine or replica. Now I know there are quite a few fellows on the forums, both rep and genuine who could tell, but they comprise about .0001% of the watch buying population.These are the reps the genuine watch companies are the most worried about, as they can easily be passed off as genuine. No telling how many have been sold on Ebay, traded at jewelers, etc. Off topic a bit, but there was a thread on the Rolex forum about a year ago about some really drop dead georgous woman who was visiting jewelry stores in Florida and selling rep DSSD's. Story varied, but usually it was "I got this in a divorce selttlement with my ex-husband and I need to sell it" . Several bit on the story and she walked away with a bunch of cash. What is scary is the DSSD is not nearly as accurate as the v3 16610 from WM9!

Another thing, he could have met with some sort of catastrophe. Folks, even normal healthy folks, die every day. Auto accidents, crime victims, social unrest, all claim victims every day of the year. I'm sure that someone, somewhere knows the story. We, however may never know unless someone who has/had contact with George comes forward and tells the rest of us what happened. It would seem that the one person who had a vested interest in George's projects is BKLM. Bert however has not come forth with any information, for whatever reason. Maybe he doesn't know any more than we do, but possibly he is not telling for another reason. At any rate that is his and anyone else's business as to whether or not they reveal anything.

My interest is now one of curiosity only. i have long since given up on any hope of getting a watch or my money. This was an expensive lesson, but one well learned. i will never ,ever buy into a concept watch, no matter how inviting the deal. I would rather pay full price when the manufacturer has the watch in stock and ready to ship, rather than agonizing over when or if it will ever arrive.

hello, i was absent from forum for many months. Was George from Europe ?

That was a different George from Europe who used to sell MBW watches etc out of Greece If my memory serves me correctly.

George(WM9) I'm sure is still very much around but for many reasons he has shelved the Watchmaker9 brand but not done it very honourably though.

He has much larger interests than that in his home land but his complete lack of response will remain a mystery maybe for ever but who knows what really goes in on the mind of a person during tough times :bangin:

First of all, let me say that I have no idea what really happened to him, and can only hope that nothing tragic.

However, mind you, that the concept watch could be a great scam for someone to retire from a questionable and an illegal profession.

Sometimes we forget, that despite the great service and nice attitude of dealers and makers towards us, that they (and some will claim us also) are criminals. These guys make a living by stealing intellectual property, and making counterfeits, probably abusing cheap labour. There are great people in the industry, no doubt about it. Many people here are amongst the friendliest people I've ever encountered, but we always have to be careful, and act with some suspicion.

hello, i was absent from forum for many months. Was George from Europe ?

George (from Greece) is a totally different person. actually he posted here on the forum a week or two back. Sort of checked in and had some nice things to say about folks that he had delt with back then. I was off the forum for a couple of years, and he left during that time, I don't know why he got out of the rep business, but when he was in, he sourced some very nice watches.

On the other hand, much like the other George (WM9), there have been several guys who left under quite unsavory conditions. How many remember Luckyy (?) He was shipping MBW's and all of a sudden, he disappeared, with quite a few member's funds if I remember correctly. And more recently Eurotimez who hooked a few folks on DSSD's that were never delivered.

As one of the posters in this thread said, we are dealing with a criminal enterprise. No matter how we spin it, or sugar coat the trade, it's theft of intellectual property. Every watch that is sold is a knock off of a genuine patented, copyrighted product. While I sincerely believe that for the most part, the end users of these products are upstanding, law abiding cirtizens, I would suspect that some of the folks that are at the other end of the spectrum are less upstanding. Possibly, the mind set is that ,what they are doing is "legal", in a sense because a great majority of the folks who buy replicas would never buy the genuine. I find that to be pretty lame rationalization.Also, because what the manufacturers and dealers are doing is illigal, even in the countries where reps are produced,the turnover rate of folks would be pretty high. I suppose it would be like all high risk jobs, the new workers are young and hungry, risk taking and the thrill of doing something on the fringe of danger is OK, however, as time goes on, the individual begins to weigh the risks/gain ratio, and when it isn't worth the risk, the individual moves on to something safer.

• 3 weeks later...

I had Sub Mariner from George but i had problem with the bezel .He asked me to send it back for repair and that is the last i saw of the watch almost one year ago

i had a V1 Sub off George, i dropped it on a tiled floor and broke the crown off and smashed the crystal. I emailed George and he sent me a PO box address in California to repair the watch. I recieved the watch back after 6 weeks fully repaired and he said thay also serviced it. To this day the watch is running strong with no problems and is worn every day as my beater. I have also the TT blue Sub and a datejust off WM9 and had no problems with these. His custermer service to me was always very good and honest so i think someone or something caught up with him. There were also other members of staff who looked after the sales so if anything had happened to George like is untimely death or illness i think we would have found out by now on this forum. Lets hope he has all our accounts and starts up under a different name and honours our orders at some time in the future. By the way i paid $37 deposit in January 2009 for the SD.

Besides our few longtime trusted dealers, average replica dealers and modders are the sickest people on earth. Cancer, asthma, hemorrhoids, constipation, AIDS... you name the illness... these guys have them all... they get hospitalized all the time. It can also be an earthquake or house on fire... or unexcepted sex change operation.

It's weird how these mysterious, serious health problems happen all the time to these young men in their 30's and 40's, especially when they have members' money and watches in their possession.

Sorry for being skeptical, but I've heard too many BS stories and excuses why people haven't been able to deliver other people's property. We've also had 100% scam artists like Luckyyy, who first delivered a few watches to members (to gain some trust) and then scammed LOTS of people and walked away with a LOT of money. The admin team has no chance to do anything in these cases... ultimately it's YOU who have to take the risk. It's your money and your decision.

I have no idea what happened to George though... but his disappearance is nothing new under the sun. When you buy counterfeit stuff from counterfeit sellers, there's always certain risk that you have to take. The risk is even bigger when you choose a dealer that's not "RWG approved" (like George).

Besides our few longtime trusted dealers, average replica dealers and modders are the sickest people on earth. Cancer, asthma, hemorrhoids, constipation, AIDS... you name the illness... these guys have them all... they get hospitalized all the time. It can also be an earthquake or house on fire... or unexcepted sex change operation.

It's weird how these mysterious, serious health problems happen all the time to these young men in their 30's and 40's, especially when they have members' money and watches in their possession.

Sorry for being skeptical, but I've heard too many BS stories and excuses why people haven't been able to deliver other people's property. We've also had 100% scam artists like Luckyyy, who first delivered a few watches to members (to gain some trust) and then scammed LOTS of people and walked away with a LOT of money. The admin team has no chance to do anything in these cases... ultimately it's YOU who have to take the risk. It's your money and your decision.

I have no idea what happened to George though... but his disappearance is nothing new under the sun. When you buy counterfeit stuff from counterfeit sellers, there's always certain risk that you have to take. The risk is even bigger when you choose a dealer that's not "RWG approved" (like George).

Point taken BT, but you have to admit even with your reviews, he had everybody exited with his goods and they were really good watches.

Yes. His watches are (or were) superior.

But I never, ever endorsed George. I never recommended to buy from him. Heck, *I* didn't want to buy from him.

I only endorsed two trusted RWG dealers, bklm1234 (v2) and Precious Time (v1) in my WM9 reviews. Both of these guys have pretty much perfect track record and I got both of my WM9 watches from them.

I certainly understnad why people are so annoyed at losing their money, however you do have to appreciate something, when you are dealing in reps, you always run the risk!

It does annoy me at times at how awkward some rep buyers are!!! They buy a rep, or look a picture of someone else's rep, and pull it a part, trying to find every minute flaw! I have had many reps over the years, and most people on the street caouldn't tell whether its genuine or fake, and these are watches that cost $200.00. The other thing is if you are buying counterfiet goods, you know you run the risk of losing your money, or you item.

Finally, I'll tell you what happened to someone I knew who was dealing, they got a call one morning from the Police, got all the computer equipment taken, paperwork, etc, and basically lost their business overnight. People thought they had been ripped off, but they hadn't. The dealer had no access to his computer has the Police kept it for nearly 6 months, retrieving all deleted e-mails, and dealings. When he did contact people, they thought, just like many here with WM9, that he'd ripped them off and was using this as an excuse, but it was a genuine situation.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

That site has been up for over a year now!

It looks difrent now but still the same.

I tryed to email the person back then but dident get a response. I emailed him when george told me he hade a german customer coming to visit him and he wantef to buy the hole line for the sd! George told me that he hade a hole lot of money and was serious, i think i still have that mail from him. I will check :)

Yes, I bought a watch from Eric, he ran another website, but I did buy a WM9 Submariner from him, so maybe thats what happened. I can't remember the website he had though. I know he said he wasn't allowed to sell on the boards as this was the agreement he had with George, as George had told him BK had the approval on the forums. However, this was about a year ago.