When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chanel J12 ceramic women's

scottosaurus

How´s the accuracy compared to the gen?

Thinking of getting one for my wife :)

Yes, this would be also interesting for me. There are different models ind diff. price ranges, but couldn't find out the differences between them. Maybe the bracelet (screws or pins) - or even chinese marketing.... ?

Every advice is much appreciated!

Cheers , J

How´s the accuracy compared to the gen?

Thinking of getting one for my wife :)

There are a few slight differences with gen, methinks. Notably, the 'CHANEL' font on the dial should be a bit bolder than the 'J12'. Perhaps a slight difference in size/shape/color of the hour indicies? I've never really paid that much attention.

Bezel shape is fairly similar, except I think the bezel teeth are a little less pronounced on the gen.

A few other small details, like caseback engraving, clasp engraving and the sort are usual standard rep fare; not deep enough.

Othrwise, it's a very nice piece. I've never had a gen J12 in hand to directly compare, let alone to take apart, but I think the case construction is the same:

IMG_5129.jpg

And the white ceramic links are quite nice. They have an almost opaque translucent consistency when held to the light.

Mrs. Ubi is very pleased with hers.

While we're on the subject of Ladies' J12's... Someone is pulling a no-no and listing a rep as gen on eBay...

Item 220726991278; BIN at $3150!

How do I know it's a rep? Compare their caseback with Mrs. Ubi's:

IMG_0058.jpg

Hopefully they just don't know any better...

As I was deciding what watch to get the wife for christmas, I contemplated getting her a rep J12. However, giving a loved one a rep just didn't sit right with me. I ended up buying her this...

detail_423_PS4884WT.jpg

Its a genuine swiss quartz, complete ceramic, and has a warranty. Needless to say she just loves it and has got more compliments than I ever had on any of my watches. Best of all, she doesn't have to worry about the stigma of wearing a rep. Girls are more self conscious about such things.

As I was deciding what watch to get the wife for christmas, I contemplated getting her a rep J12. However, giving a loved one a rep just didn't sit right with me. I ended up buying her this...

detail_423_PS4884WT.jpg

Its a genuine swiss quartz, complete ceramic, and has a warranty. Needless to say she just loves it and has got more compliments than I ever had on any of my watches. Best of all, she doesn't have to worry about the stigma of wearing a rep. Girls are more self conscious about such things.

It's just me or this is practically the same watch as the channel piece :mellow:

Hi, sorry to post here, but that seems better than yet another j12 thread hehe...

Has anyone sized one of these down to fit a 5.75in or 14.5cm wrist?

Thanks for any advice

Not sure exactly what size my wife's wrist is, but its certainly much smaller than 5.75", and there are still many links to spare. Very difficult watch to size though, I ended up having a jeweler do it.