When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Avenger Skyland Color Question

helix141

Noticed today that the main chrono hand (seconds hand on normal watch)is only yellow in the tip. On the gen, the whole hand is yellow.....

Excellent observation,I have looked at this rep several times and did not notice. It's a good looking rep but far from accurate. The lack of a "Swiss made" designation @ the six may be the biggest offender yet.

Blue is a notoriously bad colour to get, there are maybe 2 or 3 reps that have had an anywhere close to gen blue colour.

Annoying as the gen blue is generaly stunning!!

I have both the black and graphite skylands and a blacksteel, can't go wrong with dark dials, well not overly wrong anyways!

I think someone done a short review on his code yellow in here not so long ago. I think there is a gen one also?!

Sixx :bones:

They had grey genuine example when they built the rep. Grey color is very accurate. Blue is totally off (as usual).

However, the gen dial surfaces are a bit more "glossy". This is typical... but it's not very noticeable.

Get Skyland v2 black or grey. Both are very decent.

1.jpg

guys generally make observations about color, especially blue, by viewing their favorite watch at an AD where the watch face is bombarded with quartz lights causing it to look completely different. I have a rep blue Skyland and notice that the dial color shifts greatly based on the lighting at any particular time. Sometimes it looks almost black, other time its a very vibrant blue. I am fairly positive that if a Breitling expert were to examine my Skyland, the color of the dial would not be a factor in is determination whether the watch is rep or gen. I don't think that we can make any assumptions about the dial color until we see a side by side pic with equal lighting. Even then, the gen and rep have different colored AR coatings, which would probably make the dials appear to be a different color even if they were identical.

Bottom line, if you like the blue, go for it. The exact shade of color is not that far off that you will ever be called out on it.

guys generally make observations about color, especially blue, by viewing their favorite watch at an AD where the watch face is bombarded with quartz lights causing it to look completely different. I have a rep blue Skyland and notice that the dial color shifts greatly based on the lighting at any particular time. Sometimes it looks almost black, other time its a very vibrant blue. I am fairly positive that if a Breitling expert were to examine my Skyland, the color of the dial would not be a factor in is determination whether the watch is rep or gen. I don't think that we can make any assumptions about the dial color until we see a side by side pic with equal lighting. Even then, the gen and rep have different colored AR coatings, which would probably make the dials appear to be a different color even if they were identical.

Bottom line, if you like the blue, go for it. The exact shade of color is not that far off that you will ever be called out on it.

+1

Even though By-tor has already done a comparison of blue dialed Steelfish.. the difference is slightly noticeable, but only under certain lighting conditions. Andreww is right about the AD halogen lights bombarding the dial. If you like blue, the go for it. It might not be EXACTLY the same as the Gen blue, but I'm not sure it's as different as many of our members make it out to be.

Maybe the newer rep blue is closer. Not having one here, I cannot say for sure.

Will see if I can get my hands on one to take with my gen blue in real life conditions, work, outside etc.

The older rep blue skyland was different in all of the above mentioned locations, not just a showroom.

I will however, agree that you should buy the one YOU want, and not give a crap about anyone elses thoughts. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

+1...If you like blue then get blue...who is going to know if it is gen blue or not? It is a rep after all...if you want perfect, then gen is the only way to go.

I totally agree with Andreww. If you like the blue, go with the blue. Worry less, enjoy the hobby more.

But I have to disagree with Plaifender. The Fish blue color is totally different. The rep blue is not close under any lighting conditions. They are like two different dials. Not that there's anything wrong with the rep blue... no, it's very nice dark violet blue, but the gen slate blue is completely different.

I totally agree with Andreww. If you like the blue, go with the blue. Worry less, enjoy the hobby more.

But I have to disagree with Plaifender. The Fish blue color is totally different. The rep blue is not close under any lighting conditions. They are like two different dials. Not that there's anything wrong with the rep blue... no, it's very nice dark violet blue, but the gen slate blue is completely different.

By-tor.. I repent ;)

Thanks guys, I'm putting in an order with Tony for a Grey one, you don't see a lot of nice grey options out there, I think it'll work out well.

Follow-up question, is there a good proven method for getting a mirror shine polish to the Skyland V3 ss bracelet? I think By-Tor mentioned in his review that it needs a decent clean-up from the factory.

Invest in a decent Dremel set with assorted polishing wheels and polishes. If you spend some time you can bring up the shine, but I really don't mind from the factory. I polish mine once a year to remove all the swirls and desk diving marks, but really wouldn't bother polishing a brand new bracelet.

Thanks guys, I'm putting in an order with Tony for a Grey one, you don't see a lot of nice grey options out there, I think it'll work out well.

Follow-up question, is there a good proven method for getting a mirror shine polish to the Skyland V3 ss bracelet? I think By-Tor mentioned in his review that it needs a decent clean-up from the factory.

Don't think so.. my polished steel items come impecable from the factories..

If you see that you have any scratches that need attending to, Cape Cod polish always works well for me. For big jobs I can get out my dremel and jeweler's rouge, but for the most part capecod works great for me.

Noticed today that the main chrono hand (seconds hand on normal watch)is only yellow in the tip. On the gen, the whole hand is yellow.....

No, there're a few pieces with the second hand like the rep

http://www.chrono24.com/es/breitling/avenger-code-yellow-limited-edition-1000pcs--id1690527.htm?query=breitling+yellow+code&suchen=Buscar&dosearch=true&searchexplain=1&resultview=list&dosearch=true&urlSubpath=/search/index.htm&searchResultIndex=1