When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question for 5513 build.......

Original Scope

My guess is that the crown position is too low, but more importantly, what's the point of sticking a $900-1000 movement in a $20 rep case? If you want to 'burn' a gen Rolex movt, get a decent case- Yuki, MBW, J&W, or NDT. Josh and PT are great for rep beaters, but perspective is important, if you're going 1st class, don't scrimp on cheap parts!

My guess is that the crown position is too low, but more importantly, what's the point of sticking a $900-1000 movement in a $20 rep case? If you want to 'burn' a gen Rolex movt, get a decent case- Yuki, MBW, J&W, or NDT. Josh and PT are great for rep beaters, but perspective is important, if you're going 1st class, don't scrimp on cheap parts!

Well said, especially for the mid-case.... and for us nutcases! :)

I wouldnt bother with a gen movement but thats just me..

Gen crystal, dial, insert and maybe a gen bracelet. Cant see the movement anyways so for me, i cant justify spending the money. My only deviation from this was my Daytona project with the V23. I got a good deal on a v23 so it was a no brainer. Plus there isnt much of anything out there to replace a v23. The only copy v23 I could find was $250 and thats only about $100 less than i paid for my gen movement.

I cant wait for someone to actually get one of these new watches and mod it out and see whats what.