When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New pam 005 not working

mad_man_may

Hey guys

Well the love of my new pam 005 has been short lived. I've just got it and gently swirled it in my hand to get it going but it would stop after about 5 seconds. I did this about 4 times and now I can't get it to start ticking. I tried winding slowly clockwise, it clicks but the crown seems to snap back when winding.

Any suggestions? Im not sure if I need to send it back.

Hey guys

Well the love of my new pam 005 has been short lived. I've just got it and gently swirled it in my hand to get it going but it would stop after about 5 seconds. I did this about 4 times and now I can't get it to start ticking. I tried winding slowly clockwise, it clicks but the crown seems to snap back when winding.

Any suggestions? Im not sure if I need to send it back.

It's not an auto mmm. You have to fully wind it.

PAMs don't wind much with a single spin of the crown because that big ol' crown guard gets in the way. Probably 60-100 winds to fully wind it. Don't be affraid.

What do you mean......? Once it's fully wound, it stops, then you lock the lever in place, that is, after adjusting the time! It should be good for 36-48 hours, then you wind it again!

Or you could wind it every morning!

Mine was the same but i've had this before on these. I took the back off and it started working so I blew the hairspring and checked the balance wheel was free and it has been fine ever since. It was running at around +20mins per hour for the first few hours but it has settled down to being fine over the last 24 hours. Fingers crossed!

If I ever find a 6497-2 I might be tempted if the price is right otherwise it might have to be a tourby 6497-1 at some point as this watch is worth the investment in my opinion!

If you are not confident then send it back to your dealer.

Mine was the same but i've had this before on these. I took the back off and it started working so I blew the hairspring and checked the balance wheel was free and it has been fine ever since. It was running at around +20mins per hour for the first few hours but it has settled down to being fine over the last 24 hours. Fingers crossed!

If I ever find a 6497-2 I might be tempted if the price is right otherwise it might have to be a tourby 6497-1 at some point as this watch is worth the investment in my opinion!

If you are not confident then send it back to your dealer.

Did you use a caseback tool or did you find some other house hold item that did the job?