When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little insite on shipping and CNY

jdkno

Ok so I ordered something that was coming through EMS. I originaly purchsed the item on Dec 31. The seller told me on the same day that they would ship the item once the post was open. On Jan 11th I sent the seller a PM to check and see if it had shipped out yet. Not recieving a response or the item I purchased I sent another polite PM on Jan 22nd. The seller responded to that PM and said they would check the status the next day and let me know. I did not hear anything from them the next day so on the 28th I sent yet another PM. THat same day they informed me that they re-shipped the item and provided me with a tracking number. On Feb 7th I tracked the package and it comes up on both EMS and UPS as no info on the shipment. I sent the seller a PM and asked them to double check the tracking number just to make sure they typed it correctly. Their response was due to CNY the site was not updated. So here I sit on Feb 17th and the provided tracking number still comes up as if the shipment does not exist.

So Does CNY really shut down the EMS service for this long? I would imagine that there would atleast be the typical Package was accepted for shipping or something to that effect.

THe real PITA is this is not really a sale of a singular item from one member to another, this is a sale where one forum member was selling multiples of the same thing on here kind of close to a vendor type sale.

Yes EMS and basically the whole country shuts down from the 28th of Jan to the 15th of Feb (this year) and then there is a harvest festival a couple of days after they get back.

That said the tracking normally should have up dated in the couple of days from the 15th to the 17th.

Ken

So Ken, do you think at this point if the tracking number I was given was real I would have seen something on it by now? The item I purchased was not alot of money >$50 but the same seller is trying to sell a good bit of watches right now and I just hate to see someone else get burned out of a few hundred dollars.

What you need to realise about a tracking # is that blank shipping forms with these numbers are readily available.

Suppliers have piles of them in their packing areas, and in their offices.

Now if a supplier grabs the next form on the pile, and allocates that number to your consignment, it doesn't signify the item has even been packed, let alone shipped! ( In fact your goods may not even exist)

I have seen shipping benches with dozens of these forms, just with the clients name written on them, and no sign of goods being even packed.

So having a tracking number means diddly squat...having one which comes up as being shipped is a bonus, and then you need to pray that the number you have, actually belongs to your goods!

Suppliers vary from well intentioned who find things get a bit confused, to some who intentionally hand out tracking numbers when goods have not even been sourced, just to quieten down the "chirping" from the white eyes!

Wish I was wrong in saying this, however it is another fact of life in the business of rep watches, ( and other items)

Offshore

EDIT. @jdkno, EMS are also notoriously slow in updating their web site, as are other Asian carriers. I don't think you can read much into one scenario. Its when a pattern emerges...so in your case, only the sender really knows the truth.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Now this is not the way andrew or josh works!!!

They always give you right tracking nr, im in eu and from china to eu tops 4daya with ems! And it will show up on your local postoffice web when its in the country.

SpinMaster shipped my watch this thusday registerd airmail i tracked it today on my local postoffice site and its already here, realy i was shocked just 3days wait from singapore to me in eu and this with registerd airmail :) life is good!

What you need to realise about a tracking # is that blank shipping forms with these numbers are readily available.

Suppliers have piles of them in their packing areas, and in their offices.

Now if a supplier grabs the next form on the pile, and allocates that number to your consignment, it doesn't signify the item has even been packed, let alone shipped! ( In fact your goods may not even exist)

I have seen shipping benches with dozens of these forms, just with the clients name written on them, and no sign of goods being even packed.

So having a tracking number means diddly squat...having one which comes up as being shipped is a bonus, and then you need to pray that the number you have, actually belongs to your goods!

Suppliers vary from well intentioned who find things get a bit confused, to some who intentionally hand out tracking numbers when goods have not even been sourced, just to quieten down the "chirping" from the white eyes!

Wish I was wrong in saying this, however it is another fact of life in the business of rep watches, ( and other items)

Offshore

EDIT. @jdkno, EMS are also notoriously slow in updating their web site, as are other Asian carriers. I don't think you can read much into one scenario. Its when a pattern emerges...so in your case, only the sender really knows the truth.

@ Zeleni Kukuroz this is the way all forwarders work in China.

The only reason why J&A have their number come up on tracking quickly is that the move the orders quickly.

There will still be times with them when they issue a number only to find out that their supplier doesn't have the item in stock.

There is nothing wrong with this and in fact it is probably the best way to work.

@jdkno give them a few more days and then post back here if nothing happens.

Ken

Well I sent the seller another PM. I provided the link to the tracking(thanks for the link JKay) and asked him to have a look and tell me what he thinks.

What is really pissing me off here is I specificlly told him that I was trying to track the package through EMS. His response to that was CNY slows everything down. Ok well if I sold something and shipped it UPS and the buyer said they could not track the package on FedEx's website the first thing I would do is tell them I used UPS and not fed ex. On top of that this is "supposedly" the second time he is sending the item. You would think after the first mix up you would use the most reliable shipping method available to ensure you don't have to send out a third time.

Well folks I guess I will see what his response to my latest PM is then I will decide if I want to post his name for all to see.

Well I just checked my PM box again and now there is a PM back from the seller on 2/21. I don't know why it didn't show up when I last checked?? Here is where things stand now.

"I use a registered airmail to send the package to you. The data might not update on the site but I can check it via a Thailand post manually. Initially, I did call them and knew that the package was bounded to USA since 15 already. Moreover, they will investigate our package where it is right now."