When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

42mm PO Bracelet and big gaps issue. Solution?

ryaku

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone found a solution for the well known issue.

So far I've never seen a decent rep bracelet for our beloved 42mm PO and buying a gen bracelet is a too costy option unfortunately for me.

There might be a chance to fit the rep bracelet with 2 gen end-links but there's no guarantee this would work and fix the issue.

Have you got some tip?

Personally I'd be more worried about the clasp button that can break off, I'm still trying to fix mine.

I think you know about it, you posted in my thread on RG.

I bought some J B Weld and will use it today, but not sure how successfully re-glue such a tiny pin to the clasp.

Joshua, to his credit, is sending me a new one, but I'm not sure how I'm going to permanently affix that one either.

Sorry to digress from your original question.

The endlinks on my so called(ultimate po 42mm) are the only thing that lets the watch down its bugged me enough that i have not worn it much since i got it and i dont see any 42mm po leather or rubber on any rep site rep accessories

was thinking of fitting a shark mesh but i wanted to keep the watch lookin as gen as possible

Rubber strap is not an option for me as I hate any rubber strap.

I'm a bracelet guy, very extreme in this. :whistling:

We could try gen endlinks but who knows if they are going to fit the rep bracelet.

Moreover I'm not even sure the part to replace is the endlink and not the first link. :mellow:

mumble mumble

Have a look here:

http://shop.ebay.com/luxurydeals8/m.html

Rubber strap is not an option for me as I hate any rubber strap.

I'm a bracelet guy, very extreme in this. :whistling:

We could try gen endlinks but who knows if they are going to fit the rep bracelet.

Moreover I'm not even sure the part to replace is the endlink and not the first link. :mellow:

mumble mumble

Have a look here:

http://shop.ebay.com/luxurydeals8/m.html

In order to be sure, you'd have to compare your endlinks to the gen ones. A profile shot with calipers would do the trick. Ask another memember with a gen bracelet to measure the distance of the springbar hole to the edge of the steel. Do the same for the rep endlinks and if it's the same.. then The endlinks won't correct the issue. On the UPO, the endlinks make a significant difference.

Besides that, there's no way you can modify the gap since it would basically require machining new endlinks from scratch. It's an error I can live with though. The gap isn't as big as you think it is, and the fact that you think about it constantly makes it seem a lot more obvioius than it normally would appear.

I myself am saving up for a Gen 45.5 PO bracelet and hope to have one at some point in time!

Do you have a link?

maybe this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/20mm-Watch-Band-Omega-Seamaster-Stainless-Steel-/310294764527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f025bef#ht_3672wt_1141

I'm tempted to try that one, and add my PO clasp (mine works perfectly) the gap on my 5th gen bracelet bothers me too.

But for now.....

I bought this heavy shark mesh on the bay for around 70$. I like the mesh so well I might just stay with it.

sorry bout the pics quality...Iphone is the only camera I have.

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

Mesh looks good, really

As for the link, uhmm ... difficult to say from the pic but it doesn't look exactly a quality piece, i'm afraid it might be even worse than ours.

This one looks a little better:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stainless-Steel-Watch-Band-Omega-Planet-Ocean-20mm-/310294962032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f055f70

But still, difficult to say from one single picture :thumbdown:

I was thinking I could try to buy a 45mm UPO bracelet and try to sand the endlinks a little bit (2mm since lug width is 22mm). :rolleyes:

Not sure though about the thickness and result, 42mm PO and 45mm PO have different cases so i wouldn't be surprised if also endlinks had different thickness.

Mesh looks good, really

As for the link, uhmm ... difficult to say from the pic but it doesn't look exactly a quality piece, i'm afraid it might be even worse than ours.

This one looks a little better:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stainless-Steel-Watch-Band-Omega-Planet-Ocean-20mm-/310294962032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f055f70

But still, difficult to say from one single picture :thumbdown:

I was thinking I could try to buy a 45mm UPO bracelet and try to sand the endlinks a little bit (2mm since lug width is 22mm). :rolleyes:

Not sure though about the thickness and result, 42mm PO and 45mm PO have different cases so i wouldn't be surprised if also endlinks had different thickness.

yeah agreed..your link looks better!

I asked the seller some more pics, fingers crossed :mellow:

No reply so far, I strongly doubt he's going to reply at all.

I have an idea: we could share the cost of this bracelet and have it shipped to someone in the USA (seller is located in Us)to test it and keep it :)

If we are in 5 it's about 10$ each.

Who's in? :D

No reply so far, I strongly doubt he's going to reply at all.

I have an idea: we could share the cost of this bracelet and have it shipped to someone in the USA (seller is located in Us)to test it and keep it :)

If we are in 5 it's about 10$ each.

Who's in? :D

Save your bucks because the end-links on that bracelet does not fit the gen or rep 42mm Planet Ocean. Nice quality but the endlinks are too long.

Suppose you could remove some material from them to make them fit. Check the feedback I left the seller, I have the same ebay name as forum name.

Hope this helps

Mike

Migge,

interesting :mellow:

Have you tried to use that bracelet with the rep endlinks?

Maybe with a better first links the "big gap problem" would be fixed...

I use that bracelet paired with rep endlinks, but that does not change the "gap problem".

I am not sure wich gap you are refereing to?

The gap to me is related to the fit of the endlinks to the case/lugs.

I am actually wearing the watch today on the bracelet, lemme see if I have a camera in my office....if so I´ll take some quick shots for you.

A side note on the bracelet is that it uses split end pins, not pins and tubes like the gen (And rep)

Mike