When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few wristies of my 286

PeteM

I aint seen any pics of these so I thought I would share some iPhone pics of mine.... Forget the faux pusher its a marmite thing!!! ;) but can I draw your eyes at the slight variations to the dial over the 253 accepting the obvious model differences!!

If anyone wants side by sides of this against the 253 or even the 212 just let me know.

I like the blue second hand. I also had to look up the marmite reference.

What is that a by product of beer yeast spread? I bet that has an unusual flavor.

I agree thats what drew me to it....

Hopefully the search to my reference showed what I meant ? I absolutely hate Marmite but funnily enough I know plenty of you colonials ;) who love it... Apparently you guys cant get it over there but I have seen it in places where a lot of Brits go in US like Kissimee FL etc...

I think you guys do get Vegimite (Its Australian) which I understand is similar.. I am sure ST4 will tell us ;)

If not, I would happily send you a 'sample' tub if you want mate

It was a By-product and originally the breweries use to pay companies to remove it from the barrels till some bright spark realised its potential..bit like Cornflakes or Coke etc in that these werent originally meant for the purpose that they have now..

did u mod the CG...pin looks awesome :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sorry mate I just noticed your question, apologies.

Only a little mate as I do with all of them :) But on this it didnt need anything if I am honest :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Very impressive Pete. Thanks for sharing. Attention to detail was great.

They even used correct dial ring that goes all the way to the edge of the tachy ring.. which is true to gen and slightly different than the 253.. which doesn't touch the tachy ring :)

Very nice.

and do we really have to ask for comparison pics!!??? Of course we'd love them! How about some group shots of the 212, 253 and 286 together :). P.s. Could you get some caseback shots as well?????? pretty please!

Awesome watch... So when you try to push the third button, does it press in, or is it locked in place?

It clicks and locks....just the rattrapante hand under the main chrono hand doesnt move...I think it might be broken !!! ;) ;)

give it a good shake.. maybe the rattrapante hand is just stuck. slamming the watch down on the ground might also get it unlodged ;) hahaha

I will give a go mate :).....just in case I will pop down the tool shop and pick up a 16 ounce hammer its useful for delicate work like that ...:thumbsupsmileyanim:

screw the hammer.. I heard nanuq just gets his car or a sledge hammer. Problem solved ;) haha

I used my car to break an air pump housing in the garage yesterday......So the car option is out till the repair work is done !!! ;)<br><br><br>Doesnt rain but it pours !!!<br>

this looks Gen :) I'm ordering one, how is the movement? A7750 right? can you use ETA7750 to replace it?

I had a conversation with a man that knows and he felt it was possible ....but I honestly could not say with any certainty :)

this looks Gen :) I'm ordering one, how is the movement? A7750 right? can you use ETA7750 to replace it?

Sure you could. I'd be very hesitant.. as this is a display back and the watch will be COMPLETELY wrong through the caseback. You won't even be able to switch the rotors.

You'd also have to modify the hands to fit the Valjoux7750 handstack. But it can be done by a VERY experienced modder.

In my opinion not worth it all, since you'd sacrifice the caseback being COMPLETELY wrong, and with a proper servicing an A7750 shouldn't be any less reliable than a swiss7750.

just my .02 cents

For 270bucks there is nothing to complaint anymore, look at all the display backs none of them are right(not even close) for the money, this is a Great piece....unless you wear the watch upside down....LOL

Sure you could. I'd be very hesitant.. as this is a display back and the watch will be COMPLETELY wrong through the caseback. You won't even be able to switch the rotors.

You'd also have to modify the hands to fit the Valjoux7750 handstack. But it can be done by a VERY experienced modder.

In my opinion not worth it all, since you'd sacrifice the caseback being COMPLETELY wrong, and with a proper servicing an A7750 shouldn't be any less reliable than a swiss7750.

just my .02 cents