When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EU GTG 2011 (non EU members more than welcome!)

FxrAndy

55 members have voted

1. 1. Where should it be held

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, haven't been following this thread for the last couple of days.. But is it really fair to add up the votes for both Spanish alternatives when you are able to vote for more than one location? :g:

The possible outcome could be that one vote for each location in Spain from 10 people will have a higher value than the current 19 unique votes for Berlin/ Germany.

Now this is not me trying to be a party pooper.. It's just that I'd rather attend to a GTG with 19 people than one with 10.

IMO the official EU GTG should be the big bang! But this doesn't stop other smaller and more local GTG's to take place..

Just my 2 € cents.. :)

Edit: And it's NOT that I don't like Spain.. In fact I'm going there for one week vacation starting June 23rd and I'm actually looking forward to it! :winkiss:

Edited by modelizer

OK, haven't been following this thread for the last couple of days.. But is it really fair to add up the votes for both Spanish alternatives when you are able to vote for more than one location? :g:

The possible outcome could be that one vote for each location in Spain from 10 people will have a higher value than the current 19 unique votes for Berlin/ Germany.

Now this is not me trying to be a party pooper.. It's just that I'd rather attend to a GTG with 19 people than one with 10.

IMO the official EU GTG should be the big bang! But this doesn't stop other smaller and more local GTG's to take place..

Just my 2 € cents.. :)

Edit: And it's NOT that I don't like Spain.. In fact I'm going there for one week vacation starting June 23rd and I'm actually looking forward to it! :winkiss:

Well, it's not really fair, that there are two locations offered in spain. This divides the vote. Imagine if we also had the addition of Frankfurt.. I'm sure the berlin vote would split. I'm actually surprised that BOTH barcelona and Madrid were offered as options... In my HONEST opinion.. The vote should include a list of at least 6 cities in europe. 3 northern and 3 southern. Not more than one city per country. I don't necessarily think that it's fair that the spanish vote is combined.. but I also don't think it's fair that many spaniards have split their vote.. whereas many Germans have a strong Unified vote....

I seriously wasn't suggesting frankfut.. but if it were an option.. I'm sure we'd see a split in the german vote. If spain ends up winning we'll have to have a separate vote on whether it should be held in Barcelona or Madrid :)

;) i voted for Malmo - but if anybody in Frankfurt area wants to meet PM me :)

Ok, well, I'm sorry to say but we should make a decision!

So, adding more locations is not an option for this year.

Let's bear in mind all proposals for the next EU "official" GTGs of course.

But for now we have :

De: Berlin

Se: Malmö

Es: Barcelona or Madrid...depending on the cheapest flights for all NON spanish members I guess.

Sorry to sound a bit hard, but if we do not decide in the next couple of weeks, it is not going to happen :(

I voted for Malmoe - Got family there and I just love the city. It's also great for a short trip to Copenhagen across the Oeresund! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend - I'll be on vacation... :black_eye:

Well, it looks like Malmoe will not make it all the way to become the official GTG location this year anyway.. But that doesn't stop us from having a smaller unofficial GTG here at a later date - enjoying some nice food and drinks, stunning watches and women (which the Malmoe/ Copenhagen area is infested by) of course.. :drinks:

Well, it looks like Malmoe will not make it all the way to become the official GTG location this year anyway.. But that doesn't stop us from having a smaller unofficial GTG here at a later date - enjoying some nice food and drinks, stunning watches and women (which the Malmoe/ Copenhagen area is infested by) of course.. :drinks:

And nobody said we can't have 2 official GTGs each year: north and south :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Or 4 adding east and west :)

if you planning anything in Malmo im in -

as i also have family there - im a few times per year in the area ...

and find it usally kinda boooring :whistling: this could change with an GTG ;)

cheers,

Frank

And nobody said we can't have 2 official GTGs each year: north and south :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Or 4 adding east and west :)

Amen my brother! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if you planning anything in Malmo im in -

as i also have family there - im a few times per year in the area ...

and find it usally kinda boooring :whistling: this could change with an GTG ;)

cheers,

Frank

Something RWG:ish will happen here in the near future for sure - no matter how this poll ends.. ;) Will let y'all know in advance, so stay tuned!

Now let's see what verdict Monday @ 00:00 will bring us.. EXCITING!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: