When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

panerai 177L ... did you ever polished Ti ?

deniz21

so hey guys :)

a couple of weeks ago i recieved my pam 177, liked it but i had some movmement issues a few days after i got it.. so i was sending it out to a friend who found the issue and solved it, now my watch runs ultra smooth and keeps perfect time :)

but there where a thing about the Ti i didnt liked (never had a ti watch btw) so i thought to my self should i keep it, should i sell it, or should i make some experiments to figure out if i can make the ti more like my liking :D

so i tryd AUTOSOL metal polish out, to give the watch a smoother and shinyer finish , and the result was surprisingly good :)well at least for me is the result good, because i realy like it .. it has a dark metal look, it looks almost a bit like the liquid omega but not so shiny , its hard to describe, but its cool, its not complety polished or too shiny it has still a clear brushed look

well here are some pics for you and specialy for our man P ;)

i hope you like them, but this are only iphone pics taken in my car, so excuse that there are not the best quality, but you guys get the idea

the strap is a heroic18 great straps if you ask me :)

cheers :)

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

Edited by deniz21

and heres my other baby, that shares the most wrist time with the pam at the moment, both are from connie kinkgwatches, and as always great service and comunication, she is the queen in this buisness :)

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

same watch different lighting.. crazy isnt it :D you get two watches for the price of one :D

IMG_0471.jpg

deniz

D mate...You are the man ! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Thank you for taking the time to post the pics mate....I appreciate it :)

I must say I really like it...especially the way the grainer look of the Ti shines through gives it a really unusual look.... That took some balls mate and I have to say you really pulled it off !! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Wel done

Of course its a subjective thing and I guess a few wont like it but to be fair I think all would admit that it has turned out better than you would think even if you didnt like it.....

I think the strap looks great mate...what sort of money was that ? and where did you source it? Direct?

Overall I must say if I didnt have plans for my 177 I would seriously consider doing the same....assuming there would not be a copyright issue !! ;)

I almost get the feeling that it could give a worn PVD look in certain lights but I may be wrong....

Thanks for sharing mate :drinks:

Nice job there Lad. Being titanium, it will always have the color of the metal, but what you did makes it look fantastic. Nice tip.

@ the 7750 fellow, I have owned 8 of them and 1 broke down completely. That was a Graham Chronofighter. My Hublot is working beautifully after 5 years.

The 7750 has not been any bother, and the chrono function still works for days. I forgot to turn it off but it kept right on beat. Perfect time..Worry not :victory:

Edited by hambone

D mate...You are the man ! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Thank you for taking the time to post the pics mate....I appreciate it :)

I must say I really like it...especially the way the grainer look of the Ti shines through gives it a really unusual look.... That took some balls mate and I have to say you really pulled it off !! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Wel done

Of course its a subjective thing and I guess a few wont like it but to be fair I think all would admit that it has turned out better than you would think even if you didnt like it.....

I think the strap looks great mate...what sort of money was that ? and where did you source it? Direct?

Overall I must say if I didnt have plans for my 177 I would seriously consider doing the same....assuming there would not be a copyright issue !! ;)

I almost get the feeling that it could give a worn PVD look in certain lights but I may be wrong....

Thanks for sharing mate :drinks:

Thanks Pete :)

No Problem Mate i Know you would have Done the same :)

The strap is a h18 Limited honey Alligator strap :) Cost was 129 usd with buckle

But i think its out of Stock .......

Yes some Time and with a bright Sunshine it has that light Dark Pvd Look :)

Im Glad so Many of you Guys like it so much :)

Yes plai more brushed then polished.. But No mirror Shine for this One :) maybe you can do this in yours :D

I don't Know if i would have Done this with a gen pam..but im pretty Sure someone did it :D at least by accident :D

And Guys if you like it , do it :) No Copyright :D

Im Glad i did it because otherwise im Sure i would have Sold it allready and we all wouldnt Know how it Looks After this Treatment :D a Win Win for us all :)

And Thanks for all your Nice Comments Guys :)

If there are some Questions or Picture requests just ASK im Here :)

Deniz

It is certainly a good effort and it looks pretty sweet , but i think its one of the issues with the 176/177's they simply don't work as well as the tobacco dialed varieties of PAM Ti jobbies. I've had a few older versions of the 177 and they are just literally so dull .

At least you've put yours on a nice bright strap to lift it a bit , when they are on black rubber they are just coma inducingly bland, they are sort of accountancy grey . Don'y get me wrong its a quality timepiece , but I can be dull enough on my own and really dont need any assistance from my watch.

I find that very demeaning to all those poor accountants beavering away at their journals behind their desks.....

Nothing wrong with a nice bit of black rubber.....in the right circumstances ;) ;)

I started reading this and thought oh no, but when I saw your pics, it looks awesome! Nice work man. I think I'll do te same :)

yeah if you like it, do it , be be aware i dont know if you can make it the same dull look again...

:D

i made it only with the hands, i did a small amount of polish on a old tshirt, and applied it in it, and then gently polished the watch with it, i did it two times and liked the result. i think a cape cod will have the same effect

yeah they are real great watches, everyone from the hublotmakers is a bargain for the money :)

005 maybe my next watch, but i still hope so much for a pam without a second hand :thumbsupsmileyanim:

are you trying to give yours also a more shiny look?

im online on my phone so i cant see it properly is yours polished also??

yes yours i polished too right?

hey we should start a club :D