When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer Hands

Monito1975

Hi Guys,

I have a Breitling serie especiale replica and I have an original Navitimer 12-9-6 Black with arabic numbers Dial and a ETA Valjoux 25 jewells luxury edition. My Question is will the ETA fit the case, if so I have original Breitling hands, fake ones and ETA 7750 which ones will fit the ETA 7750?

PS, I got the replica 2 weeks ago but it has a 23 backcase not like the new one so it´s like the 21kbph old version.

RGDS.

Sounds like you have the making of a great project there.

You should have no problem fitting the ETA 7750 into the rep case. Lots of people do it with lots of different watches. The ETA7750 and the A7750 are the same dimensions so it will drop right in.

The hands is where there are differences. If you have a set of gen hands use those with the ETA 7750. They will fit since Breitling uses a modified ETA 7750 in the actual watch. The rep hands won't fit, at least not without modification.

So have it it and post some pictures of all this stuff and your progress. We all love to see a cool project come together.

Sure I will put in the pics, my friend is a Breitling certified watchmaker so he will be installing the movement I got the eta 7750 on the bay for 400 USD and the gen Dial for 150 USD it old stock but brand new. I´m a watch fan and I really want to know how close you can get in quality and looks to the real thing. I have a Aerospace chrono and the quality is amazing tha AR is so cool it´s 6 years old but when I clean it it looks like new. I´ve just send my Omega SPD Master MoonWatch to Geneve for a complete overhaul for 575 euros they said it would look like brand new after that I´ll put some pics of that one too.

The only thing tha has been puzzling me is that I´ve got some negative info about the serie especiale case I´m not sure if I have the right case I will take a picture and let the experts decide.

Sure I will put in the pics, my friend is a Breitling certified watchmaker so he will be installing the movement I got the eta 7750 on the bay for 400 USD and the gen Dial for 150 USD it old stock but brand new. I´m a watch fan and I really want to know how close you can get in quality and looks to the real thing. I have a Aerospace chrono and the quality is amazing tha AR is so cool it´s 6 years old but when I clean it it looks like new. I´ve just send my Omega SPD Master MoonWatch to Geneve for a complete overhaul for 575 euros they said it would look like brand new after that I´ll put some pics of that one too.

The only thing tha has been puzzling me is that I´ve got some negative info about the serie especiale case I´m not sure if I have the right case I will take a picture and let the experts decide.

post-34293-0-50288400-1298646394.jpg

post-34293-0-97305400-1298646420.jpg

post-34293-0-58222000-1298646442.jpg

• 2 months later...

So is this the right Serie Espesiale case suitable for modification

I just took one of these apart.

A Swiss 7750 will fit no problem, as will the dial, but you're still going to have a sunken datewheel--there's an extra plate between the dial and the movement.

Then you're going to have the problem that the rep 7750 hands (you have a high-beat 7750, trust me, and the high-beat 7750s use different tube sizes for the subdial hands and the main chrono hand) won't work with the Swiss movement, but the gen Breitling hands will be too short (again due to the extra plate under the dial).

Interested to hear how you fixed this with your watch.

• 5 months later...

I just took one of these apart.

A Swiss 7750 will fit no problem, as will the dial, but you're still going to have a sunken datewheel--there's an extra plate between the dial and the movement.

Then you're going to have the problem that the rep 7750 hands (you have a high-beat 7750, trust me, and the high-beat 7750s use different tube sizes for the subdial hands and the main chrono hand) won't work with the Swiss movement, but the gen Breitling hands will be too short (again due to the extra plate under the dial).

Interested to hear how you fixed this with your watch.

So finally the watch is over Domi´s work shop he is going to put a GEN 7750 with Gen Navitimer handset, already has a Gen bracelet, and I got a gen dw, Domi says he will overlay the datewheel and modify the dial feet as well, he promessed to take pictures, the glass went yesterday to Uwe for double AR, I will put some pics.

ok...here's the scoop...

if you have the low beat Navi, then

1) the eta7750 will fit the case w/o mod (high beat Navi cases will not accept the eta7750 due to the plate between movement and dial...it won't line up right...

2) the high beat, newer Navi's have the plate referred to; leading to a sunken datewheel...the low beat version does not - so the dw is almost flush...

3) low-beat Navi handset will fit the eta7750 movement...they are a direct fit and will not need broaching/etc...but they will need gen tritec lume on the hands to match the dial...

your Navi above definitely looks low-beat and the older model that will take the eta7750...check out the dw and see how its almost flush?...and your slide rule scale should be close to aligned...its not perfect, but its closer than the newer Navi's, for sure...

as for the gen dial, from what i know, you will have to shave it down approximately 1mm in diameter to fit....its a great looking dial...if you don't mind, where did you get it and how much was it?...

good luck with your project...i am in the process of assembling my Fighter...take the time and brush the case and bracelet...and line-up someone for aftermarket ar...without blue tinted high quality ar, it won't look legit...

fyi - i own the 2002 ti/gold black dial Aerospace with utc...my grail...

R

good luck with your project...i am in the process of assembling my Fighter...take the time and brush the case and bracelet...and line-up someone for aftermarket ar...without blue tinted high quality ar, it won't look legit...

R

Takashi (2geek) did several AR crystals for me, incl a franken Navitimer, and the result is fantastic. Very close to gen, and glare is minimal. Well worth it if you don't mind the wait.

hakr: Thanks I got the dial from swiss ebay and it is very weird because this watch looks like a low beat one but when Domenico opened the watch it had the metal plate mod for GMT, but he tried a ETA7750 movement and it fited ok, the date could be sunke but we were planning doing a DW overlay the original dial we don´t know yet....we´ll see...

But the most interesting thing hapened to me I just bought a GMT IIc for Modification from sneed and I´m also doing this Navi project and the thing is I´m in Beijin now and I just found a unused brand new navitimer V1 lowbeat watch and a new Rolex GMT-IIc with a aligned rehaunt!!!!!!!!! 2 weird birds in one shot hehehe!!!!!!!!Needless to say I´m very happy :-) If our navi project goes well I will sell the V1 navitimer fighters here, stay tuned. :inverted:

That is actually the best model that has ever been made, the V2.

V1- Similar to yours but subdials had lame stickers on them. Perfect sliderule, non-recessed subdials and no sunken datewheel.

V2- They got rid of the stickers on the subdials

V3- The subdials were recessed (there shouldn't be a lip around the subs on this model), slide rule doesn't align

V4- All the flaws of the V3 but with the sunken datewheel and more recent versions have incorrect caseback.

Ok, maybe it does not shows well in the pics above, but when I see the watch dial(specially in bright sunlight), the subdials seem to be golden in color and they have some kind of overlayed stickers which give them a pie pan shape, so the V2 version also had some kind of stickers or is this a V1?

Thanks for your info Andrew, I´m always reading and using your guide for Breitling Navitimers, given that the lightning and camera in my pictures are crap, I can assure you my watch look like the one you tagged "OLD REP" in you Navitimer Fighters review, is this a V1 or V2 in your pictures?

post-34293-0-75340900-1322065162.jpg