When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reincarnation of grandfathers Nivor

neversummer

Hello folks!

Some time ago I posted a question on an old Nivor from 1960-70 that my grandfather used to wear. The watch was dead and in terrible condition but possesed a sentimental value for me. The idea was to gather some info on it and if possible to restore it to somewhat usable condition. The project had only a sentimental meaning and I never thought of wearing the watch myself due to its very funky design.

Famous watch magician Domi has been contacted and soon the watch was posted. Well what can I say, I received back a watch that I am now wearing from time to time despite the above mentioned funky features. No more words. Let the pictures before and after reincarnation speak.... Thank you Domenico!

Before

post-31347-0-77786500-1299098630.jpg

After

post-31347-0-42819200-1299098679.jpg

post-31347-0-65808000-1299098700.jpg

post-31347-0-24451500-1299098717.jpg

post-31347-0-69956100-1299098726.jpg

Mate awesome

I remember when you posted your question about this ...Thats a great job...Your Grandad would be well chuffed mate

Wear it well and with fond memories :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Looks amazing!! I also fixed up a watch that belonged to my grandfather. It's amazing how you can completely transform something with a little work and effort! Kudos to Domi for such a superb job and congrats. It's a very nice looking watch :D

Thank you all for nice comments. I confess I did change my view on that timepiece. I started to like the look of it sitting on my wrist and not just for bringing back some happy moments from my childhood.

There is another thing in the pipeline. I guess I got infected by this noble forum, hehe. An order from Josh is on its way. My first rep order and I bet not the last one...

This is actually a very interesting question that bothers me a lot. It's probably even worth of starting a new thread.

Is it ok to send a rep or even a franken down the generations? Would you like your son to own your UPO or BK DSSD? It's probably ok, since its not the rollie that your son is going to get but a dads watch. Still I have an ambiguous feeling about it.

My first rep is on its way from Josh, but I am pretty sure I am going to buy a gen of the same model if I like the rep...

What do you guys think? Am I being snobish?