When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Watcher Franken begins it's build!

watcher

I bought a UK based 42 PO from a very nice member earlier this week as I always felt the UPO was a little too clumsy for everyday wear and so the transformation has begun!

Yesterday I fitted a gen crown and tube and a gen He valve. I have fitted a gen crystal today. Tomorrow a gen black bezel will arrive from Cousins. I already have a gen DW and hands but sadly they were out of stock on the dial even though they told me it was in stock! :thumbdown:

I feel the bracelet on my watch is pretty good and the thick clasp is not really an issue so I have just oredered a pair of genuine 952 end links as I did with the 951's on my Franken UPO last year. It should cure the gap issue nicely.

I'm quite impressed with this watch and it does make a nice base for modding. They have threaded the He valve and crown tube but sadly the valve thread is not big enough and the crown tube thread is too big!! Ah well......

Here is a couple of pics of my progress so far. Will hopefully be completed by the end of the month if Cousins get a shift on with the parts!

001-8.jpg

002-9.jpg

Amazing my friend. You always have the best watches. :good:

The gen insert alone makes a HUGE difference. For some reason the rep makers can never make the Omega pearl look even remotely genuine.

I agree the 5th gen he valve is ridiculously tall. So that's a good mod.

My 4th gen has everything but the he valve. Was it an easy mod? The valve on my 4th gen screws right off which although is on tight it does worry me a little.

40eac3a3.jpg

Edited by matt2302

I had to recess the the hole slightly as the gen valve has a collar that made it sit away from the case and also had to make the hole slightly larger and as I did not know the thread pitch etc I bonded mine in place but it works as it should. :drinks:

@matt

Am I right in thinking youre a Huddersfield lad?