When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which One To Buy Next?

none

To tell you the truth I couldnt tell you which one. They are so much the same watch. If you want a seconds counter, obviously there is only one in your list- the Black Seal 183.

If you like the 1950 hands go for the 232, if you like a normal PAM base then it's the second one.

Is the first one 47mm? I would lean towards that one I think, but make usre you find out if the crown threading and the lug screws are ok.

Maybe flips some coins on this. Or check the price differences, if any. :g:

Don't you kind of have apples and oranges? 232 is 47mm and 183 and 210 are 45mm. If you have never worn a 47mm try one, if you can, before you buy. IMHO it looks and feels a lot bigger. If you do go for the 232 the one in your pic above has the wrong hands so bear that in mind. :)

You're right about the hands... however, there seem to be pieces with the same kind of hands also, which is good news!!! The lume does go a bit further to the base though. Look at these pics:

129232-19693.jpg

129232-19694.jpg

Don't you kind of have apples and oranges? 232 is 47mm and 183 and 210 are 45mm. If you have never worn a 47mm try one, if you can, before you buy. IMHO it looks and feels a lot bigger. If you do go for the 232 the one in your pic above has the wrong hands so bear that in mind. :)

Yes. Warren is right.. although what's the problem with the hands?

I think Davids is the only one with the correct hands, while all the others have the wrong historic ones :blink:

The hands on the 232 in the pic above at top of page (with the hands like pam127 hands) were on the prototype 232's i've seen....The production 232's have the vintage style hands that curve in twards the cannon pinion.....You can go to the Panerai web site and see it in the 06' special editions now......( i personally like the look of the 232 with the pam127 looking hands better than the vintage style curved ones they are using for production)..............At least both hands were used on the 232 so either way you go, you diddnt go wrong................(straight hands-prototype) and (vintage curved hands-production)............I think you can get the 232 with the vintage curved hands from trusty-time..............As far as which Rad to get? 232 all the way.....Its the latest and the greatest, plus you can get one before anyone can get there pre-ordered genuine 232's from Panerai .................Thanks, Wan

The hands on the 232 in the pic above at top of page (with the hands like pam127 hands) were on the prototype 232's i've seen....The production 232's have the vintage style hands that curve in twards the cannon pinion.....You can go to the Panerai web site and see it in the 06' special editions now......( i personally like the look of the 232 with the pam127 looking hands better than the vintage style curved ones they are using for production)..............At least both hands were used on the 232 so either way you go, you diddnt go wrong................(straight hands-prototype) and (vintage curved hands-production)............I think you can get the 232 with the vintage curved hands from trusty-time..............As far as which Rad to get? 232 all the way.....Its the latest and the greatest, plus you can get one before anyone can get there pre-ordered genuine 232's from Panerai .................Thanks, Wan

Thanks for your answer, I think I will stick with Davidsen.

Yes. Warren is right.. although what's the problem with the hands?

I think Davids is the only one with the correct hands, while all the others have the wrong historic ones :blink:

Yep, although on the panny-site it is listed with historic hands. The picture is not good however, and most likely resembles an edited 00021. My father also checked with davidsen who confirmed that the pannysites pic is misleading.

The hands on the 232 in the pic above at top of page (with the hands like pam127 hands) were on the prototype 232's i've seen....The production 232's have the vintage style hands that curve in twards the cannon pinion.....You can go to the Panerai web site and see it in the 06' special editions now......( i personally like the look of the 232 with the pam127 looking hands better than the vintage style curved ones they are using for production)..............At least both hands were used on the 232 so either way you go, you diddnt go wrong................(straight hands-prototype) and (vintage curved hands-production)............I think you can get the 232 with the vintage curved hands from trusty-time..............

What you said in inaccurate.. The Panerai sites pictures are wrong (well they are from the prototype).

David's have the CORRECT hands (127 style).

The tapering hands are used only to the prototype and they are NOT correct.

Many companies forget to fully synchronize their web site with their products. I guess this is the case with the PAM00232 on the panerai web site as well...

It's not synchronisation.. It's tricking the rep manufacturers :p