When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why is this so hard?

dombehsman

Hello,

I am new the the replica watch community. One of the most frustrating things I have found is that finding a watch maker is extremely complicated. I have read tons of reviews for Breitling watches yet nobody talks about who they ordered from. I cant even seem to find any information or a list of the top recommended manufacturers for a certain watch.

I am usually too busy to attend to spending the hours upon hours researching these forums and really getting involved in the community as a whole, but more so I want to just get involved by buying a watch. And if it goes well, buy another down the road. I mean a lot of you are experts on watches and I tip my hat off to you for going into such great detail about your reps.

But for someone as basic as I am, I know what kind of watch I want, but finding someone than can make it is my problem and these forums tend to talk a lot about watches but no information or recommendations on a seller or reviews on a sellers watch. I guess im a bit frustrated as I have been looking for someone for a while and I just dont have the time in the day to spend researching this topic for hours and hours.

Breitlings are my favorite types. I am looking for an Super Avenger dark blue tone with a SS bracelet. If anybody has recommendations on who can make a great rep please let me know.

Holy s hit buddy,any other demands?.

I see you joined today,and frankly your questions are as basic as it gets so why don't you spend as much time out your very busy schedule to look at this forum and buy yourself a clue before you post like this.

Outside of that,the "search function is your friend".

...I am usually too busy to attend to spending the hours upon hours researching these forums and really getting involved in the community as a whole, but more so I want to just get involved by buying a watch....

...I know what kind of watch I guess im a bit frustrated as I have been looking for someone for a while and I just dont have the time in the day to spend researching this topic for hours and hours...

And yet you have no problems whatsoever in asking for the time and assistance of perfect strangers when you don't feel any need to search for the answer yourself? Listen to yourself buddy, if you were met with such a ridiculous, condescending tone, asking for YOUR help, would YOU give it?

Sheesh... A little bit of f$&king politeness and respect would go a long way to endearing yourself to people.

How about this:

Hey guys, I'm new here and I've seen some great watches in th forums, looking for a Breitling SA with blue face and a trusted dealer to purchase from, would be happy to hear from the members for some good recommendations :)

Isn't that better than:

Hey, I can't be f$&ked doing anything for myself, and damned if I'm gonna spend any of my own time, how about you guys do my work for me...

Holy s hit buddy,any other demands?.

I see you joined today,and frankly your questions are as basic as it gets so why don't you spend as much time out your very busy schedule to look at this forum and buy yourself a clue before you post like this.

Outside of that,the "search function is your friend".

Fair enough I would expect an answer like this.... I came over from the RWI forums to read reviews here on Breitling reps.. I am frustrated at this point, I waited for the Chinese holidays to go by so I could find a watch and order it. I have read hours of reviews and newbie do's and dont's... I had also read countless reviews where they have amazing watches but they wont list the dealer. What is the point of this?

The search function doesn't help me find the top dealers for the watch im looking for... people who had ordered the same watch carry that knowledge... I am tired of reading countless reviews of rep watches that look amazing yet no listings of the dealer. I am ready to move forward, I have been patiently waiting and looking since January.... I am not looking for a $100 rep, I am looking for a highly recommended dealer for the rep I am looking for, I dont think thats easy to find without asking for recommendations from experts (you guys) that know much more then I do about watches.

Cant go wrong with perfect clones aka Joshua. You can get his web site here on the forums under trusted dealers.

Thank you very much, I had read about him but I was not sure if he Joshua was a person or dealer, I was a bit confused, I will look into this thanks I really appreciate it.

+1 for josh.

The simplest and shortest answer to your question is to buy the most expensive and/or latest version of the watch you're after from Josh as perfect clones. Don't google his site - go to the "collector" (dealer section) here to get the correct web address for Josh.

While this will be the best way to go most of the time there are some caveats - but that's the info that only reading and research will will teach you.

You have read "countless reviews" and nobody lists where they got the watch from,this is BS,almost all reviews mention where they bought the watch from,but to annoy myself less by this,email perfect88clones@gmail.com and ask for a blue SA,done.

I have already emailed him, thank you the recommendation. His website seems down right now....

Most reviews I have read did not list the dealer... for example if you read the pinned section on this forum of the best breitling replicas the author lists every single model yet as you can clearly read, the author says its my job to do the research to find the dealer as he would not list or recommend for several reasons.

I have already emailed him, thank you the recommendation. His website seems down right now....

Most reviews I have read did not list the dealer... for example if you read the pinned section on this forum of the best breitling replicas the author lists every single model yet as you can clearly read, the author says its my job to do the research to find the dealer as he would not list or recommend for several reasons.

You're right that most of the reviews don't list the dealers, it is basically unnecessary as most of the 'Cartel' dealers (those that have access to the same watches) basically fix prices and it's a matter of personal dealer preference as to who you go to. Joshua (Perfect clones) is usually the go-to guy, if you send Mary an email with a picture of what you like and a description (you can find it in the Watch-International section) she can source unique pieces. Breitling SAs are relatively easy as gen dials can be found all over the place for reasonable prices (between 150-300 US)

See, you can get answers to all your questions, just don't be a d$&k :)

Good luck newbie :)

I almost feel sorry for you Dombehsman.. I would've railed you myself, but looks like all the other beat you to it. There's a whole section on this forum, RWI and REPGEEK dedicated to trusted dealers. Almost any of them will all be able to get you the same watch, and they're all "Trusted"

Secondly. You're VERY mistaken if you think that ANY of these dealers are "MAKING" a watch for you.

Your best bet is to take 10 minutes and read our specially designed "NOOB Guide" written by Toad for people like yourself.

Do us a favor, and try not to insult us, with comments like "I just don't have time to research, someone tell me where i can get the best breitling"

With the amount of time and dedication many of us have devoted to the forum, it's a slap in the face to hear someone like you say you can't spend 30 minutes reading up on some of our reviews that might have taken us HOURS to complete. So apart from doing reviews, you're telling us that you don't even have enough time to read our reviews in detail and that in addition to the reviews you want us to spoon feed you watered down information from our reveiws so that you don't have to do it yourself?? Blah...

In any case, don't be too hard on yourself.. we've been hard enough! You'll get the hang of it, but please before posting anymore PLEASE READ. Buying a rep watch is not like walking into a store and buying a gallon of milk. The first thing you have to realize is that this is an illicit hobby. As such, the factories that these watches come from are run illegally. That translates into good prices for us, but poor quality control by the part of the factories. Watches can come with defects etc, so you should be prepared for a problem like this. If you're watch comes with a short power reserve.. you should halfway expect it. Do your research and prepare yourself for your first buy. If you get a watch, especially a chronograph, you should probably get it serviced if it's a watch you plan to keep. These are extra costs that all of us Veterans know about.

Good luck in your search.

I almost feel sorry for you Dombehsman.. I would've railed you myself, but looks like all the other beat you to it. There's a whole section on this forum, RWI and REPGEEK dedicated to trusted dealers. Almost any of them will all be able to get you the same watch, and they're all "Trusted"

Secondly. You're VERY mistaken if you think that ANY of these dealers are "MAKING" a watch for you.

Your best bet is to take 10 minutes and read our specially designed "NOOB Guide" written by Toad for people like yourself.

Do us a favor, and try not to insult us, with comments like "I just don't have time to research, someone tell me where i can get the best breitling"

With the amount of time and dedication many of us have devoted to the forum, it's a slap in the face to hear someone like you say you can't spend 30 minutes reading up on some of our reviews that might have taken us HOURS to complete. So apart from doing reviews, you're telling us that you don't even have enough time to read our reviews in detail and that in addition to the reviews you want us to spoon feed you watered down information from our reveiws so that you don't have to do it yourself?? Blah...

In any case, don't be too hard on yourself.. we've been hard enough! You'll get the hang of it, but please before posting anymore PLEASE READ. Buying a rep watch is not like walking into a store and buying a gallon of milk. The first thing you have to realize is that this is an illicit hobby. As such, the factories that these watches come from are run illegally. That translates into good prices for us, but poor quality control by the part of the factories. Watches can come with defects etc, so you should be prepared for a problem like this. If you're watch comes with a short power reserve.. you should halfway expect it. Do your research and prepare yourself for your first buy. If you get a watch, especially a chronograph, you should probably get it serviced if it's a watch you plan to keep. These are extra costs that all of us Veterans know about.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks for the remarks... here is the main disconnect. Your a genuine hobbiest, I am not. I enjoy buying beautiful watches based on how they look, I could care less about the technology inside or how it should come oiled or all of the specific internal details of the watch. If I like how it looks and it tells me the date and time I am happy, I am fairly simple in those respects. How often I need to service the watch and things of that nature I will ask the dealer who I am paying $400-600. I understand this is a business for dealers, yes they may love the hobby, but they also don't do this at not cost. And with buying a rep I would expect it wouldn't be perfect. I'll take my chances.

There are some people that just like watches and will spend money on it not wanting to know all the in and outs of it, I dont want to be a watch expert, I really don't have the time for it (not trying to be an ass, but honest). I just have a few watch designs I tend to love yet could never justify the cost of a gen.

Keeping it simple for someone who doesn't want to get so involved in the technical aspects should be fair to respect. I read the faq on oiling a watch from your link and realized the post went on for pages about how the oil sits in between x part and y part... after 5 mis my eyes glazed over... Thats great for someone who wants to be an expert and learn. I am not, and I dont expect to be.

A great analogy is its like buying a car. Most people dont need or want to be an expert on how it works, just give me the quick rundown on how often I need to go in to see my mechanic to service it or change the oil and if I run into issues ill take it to an expert. I dont need wise jokes or condescending remarks as again, its a simple question. I am trying to get from point A to point B if I run into issues then I will learn what went wrong and how.

I dont think you should feel insulted in me saying "I just don't have time to research, someone tell me where i can get the best breitling" you should instead feel honored that I would spend $400+ on your recommendation, after all I wouldnt share that question with a hobbyist if I didnt care about your opinions. so maybe your viewing it as an insult but to me, its the exact opposite. You guys are the experts, the true hobbyists, and the last thing I wanted to do is get ripped off and never take a chance on a rep watch again, so I come here for trusted dealers and trusted hobbiests that know much more then I ever will about watches. That is why I ask you guys, and yes, I may have stupid questions from time to time like does it come with AR coating or how heavy quality wise is the band, but thats what forums are for, asking questions, feeling comfortable with spending a large amount of money on a rep watch. I am trying to get from point A to point B in its simplest form right now, maybe one day that will change.

Thank you for the tip on servicing the watch if I plan to keep it a while. I have never serviced any of my watches but that is something I didnt really think about.

Be mindful not to mistake my pragmatism for a negative opinion. I told you off for being a d&#k, explained logically why you were being one, and then helped you out with a lengthy explanation of the cartel system and alleviating your need to choose a dealer by explaining precisely why it doesn't matter which of the trusted dealers you choose, saving you your 'precious' time by not having to consume any energy whatsoever in thinking.

You have all the answers you need, yet you continue with lengthy diatribes about the need to explain why you are completely disinterested in this hobby and just want a watch you have no interest whatsoever in, other than it's aesthetic appearance.

So buy one, build a bridge and get over it. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find what you're looking for.

'Nuff said.

You're right that most of the reviews don't list the dealers, it is basically unnecessary as most of the 'Cartel' dealers (those that have access to the same watches) basically fix prices and it's a matter of personal dealer preference as to who you go to. Joshua (Perfect clones) is usually the go-to guy, if you send Mary an email with a picture of what you like and a description (you can find it in the Watch-International section) she can source unique pieces. Breitling SAs are relatively easy as gen dials can be found all over the place for reasonable prices (between 150-300 US)

See, you can get answers to all your questions, just don't be a d$&k :)

Good luck newbie :)

I submit myself to the judgment of my fellow members, was this not helpful, and furthermore, friendly?

Not one, but TWO smilie-faces!!! Meine Fresse!

A great analogy is its like buying a car. Most people dont need or want to be an expert on how it works, just give me the quick rundown on how often I need to go in to see my mechanic to service it or change the oil and if I run into issues ill take it to an expert. I dont need wise jokes or condescending remarks as again, its a simple question. I am trying to get from point A to point B if I run into issues then I will learn what went wrong and how.

Thank you for the tip on servicing the watch if I plan to keep it a while. I have never serviced any of my watches but that is something I didnt really think about.

This is a huge point. Buying a replica watch is NOTHING like buying a car. When you buy a car, you also have a warranty. If something goes wrong, you can take it back to the dealer, if you're out of warranty they will still fix it, even if for a fee.

If your watch stops in a 3 months, you have no warranty, and you can't walk into your nearest rolex dealer to have them fix it, since it is, in fact, an illegal replica.

It's easy to say this is hard, when you haven't read anything. It doesn't take a watch mechanic to make the simple decision you're making. I'm by no means a gear head like some of the others here, and I sympathize with you about getting a nice watch for a decent price that looks good on the wrist. I'm in for the same reason. But I've also signed a social contract by becoming part of the "rep game". It's your responsibility to inform yourself about what you're purchasing and from who. If the watch turns out to be a dud, (which in all likelyhood can pass), there are norms and procedures for correcting the problem, but it's not as simple as going to your local mechanic and getting it fixed.

Secondly, please take the dealers advice with a grain of salt. They do provide us with high-quality replicas, but they DO NOT PROVIDE US with knowledgeable advice as far as maintenance, servicing, etc is concerned. It's not their job. Their job is to sell you a watch. Hopefully the watch will work well for you, but by no-means are there any guarantees in an illegal trade. The dealer could care less if your watch only last six months. Even if he might express differently in an email. The forum is here for that kind of stuff.

Unfortunately I don't feel flattered that you'd take my word for something and spend $400 on a rep. I could care less, and as you said, I have more important things to worry about in my life, than whether or not someone else is spending their own money on a watch. The important thing is that you evaluate the information like any other consumer and use the information that you're given to make an informed decision, if you do that, then WELCOME TO THE CLUB :)

Lastly, you have no business reading about how to service a movement if you don't even have a watch. The noobguide is designed in STEPS, and as far as I'm concerned, the only thing you need to be reading is in Steps 1 and 2 of the guide :)

There's an entire dealer section here. Find your dealer. Look at some dealer reviews and be on your way. No reason for this to get drawn out.

Buy your watch from Josh www.1-pc8838.com or Andrew at www.trustywatchguy.com/ (they're partners). I just made it easy for you. If you're into breitlings maybe a nice Skyland Avenger Grey V3 would be nice for you. The blue version isn't as accurate to gen, but a black or gray version is very accurate as far as coloring is concerned.

Any other questions.. seriously, don't hesitate, but the I don't have time to do for myself, what you guys are doing for ME.. just sounds annoying. Patience, understanding and common courtesy really gets you a lot farther on this forum.

This is a huge point. Buying a replica watch is NOTHING like buying a car. When you buy a car, you also have a warranty. If something goes wrong, you can take it back to the dealer, if you're out of warranty they will still fix it, even if for a fee.

If your watch stops in a 3 months, you have no warranty, and you can't walk into your nearest rolex dealer to have them fix it, since it is, in fact, an illegal replica.

It's easy to say this is hard, when you haven't read anything. It doesn't take a watch mechanic to make the simple decision you're making. I'm by no means a gear head like some of the others here, and I sympathize with you about getting a nice watch for a decent price that looks good on the wrist. I'm in for the same reason. But I've also signed a social contract by becoming part of the "rep game". It's your responsibility to inform yourself about what you're purchasing and from who. If the watch turns out to be a dud, (which in all likelyhood can pass), there are norms and procedures for correcting the problem, but it's not as simple as going to your local mechanic and getting it fixed.

Secondly, please take the dealers advice with a grain of salt. They do provide us with high-quality replicas, but they DO NOT PROVIDE US with knowledgeable advice as far as maintenance, servicing, etc is concerned. It's not their job. Their job is to sell you a watch. Hopefully the watch will work well for you, but by no-means are there any guarantees in an illegal trade. The dealer could care less if your watch only last six months. Even if he might express differently in an email. The forum is here for that kind of stuff.

Unfortunately I don't feel flattered that you'd take my word for something and spend $400 on a rep. I could care less, and as you said, I have more important things to worry about in my life, than whether or not someone else is spending their own money on a watch. The important thing is that you evaluate the information like any other consumer and use the information that you're given to make an informed decision, if you do that, then WELCOME TO THE CLUB :)

Lastly, you have no business reading about how to service a movement if you don't even have a watch. The noobguide is designed in STEPS, and as far as I'm concerned, the only thing you need to be reading is in Steps 1 and 2 of the guide :)

There's an entire dealer section here. Find your dealer. Look at some dealer reviews and be on your way. No reason for this to get drawn out.

Buy your watch from Josh www.1-pc8838.com or Andrew at www.trustywatchguy.com/ (they're partners). I just made it easy for you. If you're into breitlings maybe a nice Skyland Avenger Grey V3 would be nice for you. The blue version isn't as accurate to gen, but a black or gray version is very accurate as far as coloring is concerned.

Any other questions.. seriously, don't hesitate, but the I don't have time to do for myself, what you guys are doing for ME.. just sounds annoying. Patience, understanding and common courtesy really gets you a lot farther on this forum.

I appreciate the time and energy your taking to guide me in the right direction. Both of their websites are currently down. After the recommendations I have been receiving I feel fairly comfortable to move forward with a purchase when his site is back up.