When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 help

usmctowgnr

So I am trying to build a 1675 using a gen case and dial that I picked up. I have run into a problem, the supplier that I used for the zodiac 75b movement sent me a zodiac 86 instead and now says they do not have a 75b. I had purchased a gen gmt hand and gen silver date wheel that I was planning on using with the 75b but since it looks like I will not be able to source one I have wasted a good amount of money on those parts.

I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction on where I can get a low beat gmt movement that will work with the case so that I can get this project completed. All the parts are with pbdad now so hopefully I can sort this out quickly.

Thanks

Joe

I heard from Chiman that the Gen GMT will fit the Asian movement, but I would not use a gen GMT hand myself is way too expensive. what a gen Movement probably too expensive. sorry to hear that.

Regards

the Zodiacs on the bay w/ the 75 movt. are running $500-600+

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZODIAC-Airspace-GMT-24hours-MILITARY-DIVERES-WATCH-60S-/220562085739?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item335a86576b

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Zodiac-Aerospace-GMT-Mens-Watch-Automatic-/160546079646?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item25614ac39e

But maybe one might come along which you can snag for less.

Beware of the 2846-2's which have the GMT conversion like on my 6542 rep- my watchmaker referred to it as a 'decorative' GMT hand- it doesn't make a revolution in 24 hours like it should.

A 2836-2 with the GMT hand might be a better bet, or you take your chances with an asian 21j movt- it is slow beat so to speak- 21.6K.