When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidson and Little Hero. Would you still buy?

stolikat

With the cartel coming out with so many great Panerai's lately and more on the way the question needs to be asked...Are these dealers still relevant? Should they be expected to adjust prices? Not

it depends... Davidson is not comparable to LH in my opinion. Davidson always was in a direct competition with the cartel and I think with latest cartel releases he got overtaken in this game.

Little Hero is something completely different. His watches still offer far superior quality for a lot of money. The movement is still not matched by any cartel Panerai and the crown guard is still the best available.

I bet to differ.

For LH between the 111j and the 005K there's absolutely no reason to pay the LH premium. His movement mods were never gen like (better than general reps but never like the OEM). His dial and hands are now inferior to the 111j and his CG as well (unless you need a historic one for a pre-v project).

DSN is a different story because he offers a set of models you can't find anywhere else (like the 24A).

DSN is a different story because he offers a set of models you can't find anywhere else (like the 24A).

Also, I've yet to see a blue Luminor dial that looks as good as those produced by DSN. It's a shame, since there's room for improvement. I would love to see a fresh take on the 082, the 228, or the other one. (Damn memory failure...)

I dont think there is any comparison to DSN in respect of what he can offer..so yes there is still a place for him alongside the cartel reps but I hope it might give him the KUTA he needs with some of his offerings..

I agree that LHs prices are high..but I am at a real loss to understand how the new 111J dial can be held up against his version...I have had 4 111Js now from various dealers and everyone has had the same clear tell...the colour of the dial writing ...it is completely the wrong colour and stands out a mile IMHO.. I really would not wear this dial in any watch...

However LH has always been expensive but I would suggest if it wasnt for him and DSN (plus others) then the cartel would not of moved up their game....

LH has a place of course and as time goes on ..he will adjust accordingly...

Although his movements are expensive they are head and shoulders above anything else out there currently...I have a destro and a Stnd and I found them to be a good movement and decent enough for cursory inspection ;)

I owned a LH 111i and now I own a new Cartel 111J - case, CB and CG are much better on the new cartel 111J while the LH dial is still better imo. The LH movement looks nice with those polished bridges but the CDG engraving is totally off. Personally I wouldn't buy a LH watch anymore but I'd still go for his dials (although they may not be accurate for the J series anymore - we had some discussions about the dial printing colour here, it seems Panerai has changed the colour to a more yellowish one sometime between I and M series but no one seems to know when exactly they did that...).

I have had a 111M in my hand mate and trust me the rep dial colour is completely off.... :)

The only PAMs I have seen with a similar colour is those with Vintage lume...