When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A couple Genesteins ready

concepta

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to you. Do you know what strap you will be using? :)

I know this wasn't meant for me but...

I purchased OEM Kevlar.

I also purchased this buckle, what are your thoughts guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-18mm-IWC-Style-Deployment-Buckle-Folding-Clasp-/110615259336?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c12ee8c8

In the sub $100 range my options were OEM tang or aftermarket dual fold deployant.

I'll definitely review this after I receive it!

I purchased OEM Kevlar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-18mm-IWC-Style-Deployment-Buckle-Folding-Clasp-/110615259336?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c12ee8c8

In the sub $100 range my options were OEM tang or aftermarket dual fold deployant.

MusicBiz--where did you source the OEM Kevlar?

Nik--love the triplets!

:pimp:

I know this wasn't meant for me but...

I purchased OEM Kevlar.

The Kevlar has been one of the sexiest straps for the 3717 I must say! Good choice. I am also liking the aftermartket deployment clasp esp for the price :)

I can't wait for the Mark XVI's to come out :D

I found a new or barely used OEM Kevlar on the watchseek forums. Actually, it's been bumped for a while so I hope there wasn't a reason for taking a pass on it. Visually, it appears authentic. The seller has been communicative so I hope all works out.

I REALLY want a bracelet on this though... I'll keep eying fleabay and hope to find someone who doesn't know its value. A while back an OEM deployant clasp for the 3717, seller was in GB or Denmark I believe, went for something like $50-75!!!!

I have a rep bracelet on my 3717 rep. I wonder how the brushing and finishes compare.

Edited by MusicBiz

I have seen the gen bracelet and compared it to the rep. There is a difference in colour finish and weight instantly. Then slowly and surely you will see the quality difference.

I was still impressed by the overall value for money proposition by that rep bracelet and I am sure you won't be called out. The gen retail price is quite big, and often I wonder whether it's worth it in the long run when compared to the price of the rep bracelet.

I have seen the gen bracelet and compared it to the rep. There is a difference in colour finish and weight instantly. Then slowly and surely you will see the quality difference.

I was still impressed by the overall value for money proposition by that rep bracelet and I am sure you won't be called out. The gen retail price is quite big, and often I wonder whether it's worth it in the long run when compared to the price of the rep bracelet.

I'm not sure how much wrist time the 3717 will get since it is not meant to substitute my damaged 3717 REP. It looks like I'll be in the market for a reasonably priced gen daily beater while this takes the prized spot in the winder. Shame the Stowa's are only 40mm; regardless of how they wear, I have a 7" wrist.

One day I will find a second hand bracelet and then genstein will be complete.

Tell me about it!! I keep checking the tracking but it never changes!!!! :D

I know better than to do that. :D

My rep clasp came in. It was billed as IWC like without branding but it turns out that its straight REP, markings inside and out. I believe my example is defective so I'm in talks with the seller for exchange. I'll post photos or a fully functional replacement. OEM Kevlar also came in a few days ago, I now have everything but the [expletive] watch!!

And oh, I'm itching for another GEN to wear as a daily beater... the problem is I can't decide which... big date (tough to find sporty implementation), moon phase (gorgeous but too dressy and probably wouldn't get wrist), something similar to 3717? Like a ball? tool? .... damn it! Not the worst "problem" to have though.