When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The LV Damier suitcase

gioarmani

After posting the last review I just did for Ken, I completely forgot I promised him almost two years ago I'd post one of a Louis Vuitton suitcase I'd purchased from him.

I'd say this review is long overdue (which it is), but in all truthfulness after two years worth of travel on this particular piece of luggage perhaps this will go to show exactly how well-made these pieces actually are. At least 6-7 trips to Toronto, two to the UK, one to Paris, Atlanta, Charlotte, NY, LA, and countless other spots around the US--this things really seen some miles and still looks almost brand-new.

I found this was the perfect pattern for hiding little scuffs & scratches the throwers (baggage-handlers) tend to put on your luggage--hardly anything is noticeable.

This specific Damier suitcase (like a good number of other LV suitcases) comes with a built-in garment bag with hangers, saving you the trouble of having to buy a separate garment bag. Straps in quite nicely too.

Have a look for yourself:

L1010428.jpg

L1010430.jpg

L1010426.jpg

L1010419.jpg

L1010423.jpg

L1010411.jpg

L1010434.jpg

L1010436.jpg

L1010440.jpg

I find the regular Damier pattern of LV, seen above (compared to the Damier Azure or Damier Graphite), is the hardest to replicate. Too many manufacturers make the mistake of making the gold too yellow-ocher or the brown too sienna. It's also damn hard to shoot & get correct tones from pic to pic depending on white-balance & surrounding light, etc, but this is spot-on to my girl's gen Damier wallet.

A damn nice, piece if I might say so. If you're looking to get this, you can write Ken over @ Bergie's:

http://www.rwgforum.com/forum/127-bergies/

Enjoy!

My word as a gentleman; that bag is near two years old & is well traveled. There are scuffs on the surface but hard to get on film--also on the hard-plastic parts (wheels, floor-rests, etc), but absolutely nothing major, no wrinkles, no dents. etc.