When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crusty Pam Dial

oswald

@Oswald: I would dare say that the spacer ring couldn't be better and that the plexi crystal profile looks really amazing...

Thats a real vintage piece of work!

Speaking of vintage stuff I must confess I am still in a kind of shock after returning from my trip to Camelot and meeting Mark (a real wonderful chap with a rare latin sense of humor!) who generously took with him some of his "Opere prime" that left me totally knocked-out for the weekend. :)

Cheers,

Marco

@Oswald: I would dare say that the spacer ring couldn't be better and that the plexi crystal profile looks really amazing...

Thats a real vintage piece of work!

Speaking of vintage stuff I must confess I am still in a kind of shock after returning from my trip to Camelot and meeting Mark (a real wonderful chap with a rare latin sense of humor!) who generously took with him some of his "Opere prime" that left me totally knocked-out for the weekend. :)

Cheers,

Marco

Hey Buddy!! I hope you've recovered now!!! Pleasure was all mine as you seem to have a very English sense of humour (and that is a high compliment indeed). I certainly am beginning to get a lot more pleasure from the vintage stuff as I do the normal watches. Not being so popular means we still have some degree of exclusivity about them especially as they are all one offs.

Hey Buddy!! I hope you've recovered now!!! Pleasure was all mine as you seem to have a very English sense of humour (and that is a high compliment indeed). I certainly am beginning to get a lot more pleasure from the vintage stuff as I do the normal watches. Not being so popular means we still have some degree of exclusivity about them especially as they are all one offs.

Yeap.. I am starting to feel the vintage stuff. Maybe we should do a small meeting to show me the vintage pieces and convince me to spend $$$$ on them for real vintage stuff ;)

... you seem to have a very English sense of humour (and that is a high compliment indeed). I certainly am beginning to get a lot more pleasure from the vintage stuff as I do the normal watches. Not being so popular means we still have some degree of exclusivity about them especially as they are all one offs.

I am not so recovered as I would like to (I can still hear the waitress saying "Oh its so big..." - about your vintage 6152 of course -) but I am fortunate enough to sport your skill on my wrist.

Vintage is definitelly the way to go...

Strangely your "bloody" weather helped the vintageizing process of the strap!

BTW thanks for the compliment but I think with my spoken english def-con I could hardly survive as a stand up comedian!!! :lol:

Hope we meet again soon and that Oswald and Gil can join the party!

Like we concluded before, what a wonderful community we got here!!!

Everything is either 100% perfect or well on it's way. But can I be 100% honest? Don't ruin your work w/ that dial! You went for the crusty look....and I believe you got the "I'm going for the crusty look" look. Know what I mean? It looks "done," not naturally aged. With your obvious skills, I bet you'll back off about 40% on your next attempt and nail it dead on! Awesome work.

Tropic@: Cortebért does not look stunning. It is stunning (you should hear its ticking...) :) .

BTW numerals are more close to the edge because its a fiddy dial.

Oswald@: You show an amazing skill not only on metal and plastic working as you do now on brush technique.

However and IMHO do not do it with so crispy looking (It looks like the dial was exposed on the seafloor for the last 60 years!). It should sport a milder look so it would match your worn looking case.

Keep us mortals amazed with your marvelous work!

Marco