When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD

BGGodwin

Okay..even better than a Noob! Not bad for that price! What do you think; in the ad they say the crystal is mineral iso sapphire, Is this a typo?

I think it's a typo.. as I haven't seen any DSSD's with mineral glass. Although.. This isn't the first time a dealer has marked it as mineral.

Not 100% sure

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikemcnair

ok, i have an "ultimate DSSD" with a GEN ETA 2836.2, and PERFECT markings. (ask, and i can show you pix under a loupe)

it was from mary at WATCHINTERNATIONAL, and she is TREMENDOUS to deal with (have 7 or 8 watches from her).

it was 335

as for the BK version, it is IDENTICAL, with the addition of a different date-wheel (if you want it) and a "rehaut alignment" (which mine came perfect anyway, so um......)

my advice (being a DIE HARD DSSD GUY) is either Mary's for 335, or ROBERT'S at 249 (prestigewatchco)

mine actually is so good, it loses 1 second every 16 days. yes, it is almost as accurate as my iPhone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: join this forum and read this thread i did about the DSSD from 88 bucks to BK's 420 dollar version.......

i did a HUGE write up on all of the best models available.........

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11218

Noob Question. Who are the "the Cartel twins"? Is it Josh and Andy, OR The Watch Cartel? Thank you.

Jos and Andrew have a close business relationship and are the cartel twins, but not the only dealers who were originally called the "cartel"

Thank You

Kinda like a Ferrari with a supercharger sticking up through the hood. I might buy one just for the shock effect if they ever built it.

Stay tuned!! :whistling: With all the butt ugly watches Rolex exibited at Baselworld this year, the steroid DSSD can't be far behind :headhurt:

The question for you is: what are you looking for?

A ) A guaranteed very accurate DSSD, go with BK. He will personally inspect and fix everything that needs fixing (gaskets, parts alignment, pearl mod - big deal for accuracy, DW overlay, etc.)

B ) A good shot in the dark - NoobFactory = Cartel = TimesShop whatever the latest model is - Go with Asian clone high beat movements since there's no guarantee you will get an actual ETA

C ) Just something to try on - the inexpensive versions.

I have a friend that has own a gen and has the BK (well it's mine now :) since he just bought a vintage gen Rolie ). He can't tell the difference unless when you set time and screw the crown because the Rolex movement will do laps around an ETA any day.

Like some other folks said, you may get lucky with the regular Noob version but it's a shot in the dark

If you decide to go with the cheap ones you will have something that resembles but will never pass for a DSSD (the jumpy 21js are a far cry from the smooth Rolex swiping).

PS: Whatever you decide I'd suggest to stick with dealers approved by this board. Some dealers listed above are not approved here for a good reason.

I've been selling the noofactory dssd v6 for a while. The differences between the v5 and v6 are:

- v6 has trimmer and correct CGs. You see more of the crown, there's less blocking of it by the CGs

- v6 has pressable HEV while v5's not pressable. But occasionally the factory mixes in a non pressable HEV on a v6. Leftover or whatever. CGs are really the definitive way to id a v6

- v6's caseback seal and seal grove is on the titanium back, not on the case. You dont find a seal grove on the case anymore. This is another definitive way to id a v6 but you have to open the back to see it. This new placement of the seal and seal grove makes for less slipping and wrinkling of the gasket seal.

Jkay, do you have a link to the mbk v6? I'd like to see if it's really a different model, not just another noobfactory DSSD

Thx

Bk

I've been selling the noofactory dssd v6 for a while. The differences between the v5 and v6 are:

- v6 has trimmer and correct CGs. You see more of the crown, there's less blocking of it by the CGs

- v6 has pressable HEV while v5's not pressable. But occasionally the factory mixes in a non pressable HEV on a v6. Leftover or whatever. CGs are really the definitive way to id a v6

- v6's caseback seal and seal grove is on the titanium back, not on the case. You dont find a seal grove on the case anymore. This is another definitive way to id a v6 but you have to open the back to see it. This new placement of the seal and seal grove makes for less slipping and wrinkling of the gasket seal.

Jkay, do you have a link to the mbk v6? I'd like to see if it's really a different model, not just another noobfactory DSSD

Thx

Bk

Bk,

When you say pressable HEV, do you mean the valve opens from the outside. That is you can take a small dowel, etc. press on the HEV from the outside and it will press in? Lots of those ar earound, and if the HEV isn't sealed, sure water ingress point. MyETZ 2010 was like that, and I had mine epoxy sealed, but it still wasn't able to pass a 3 ATm pressure test, as it leaked around the crystal.

@panerai153: Yes you can press the HEV and it goes in. Yes they existed before the v5. But on most v3 and v5, the HEVs are not pressable; on the v6, it's mostly pressable I doubt it's really a valve. On the v6, the HEV doesn't seem to be an issue. I sample tested many to 3 atm easily.

When pressure testing yours, is the leak at the HEV? Just want to confirm.

Bk

Edited by bklm1234

Hi BK, thank you for chiming in here.

About 1 year ago, one of the members here was in MBK Mall and sent photos of an odd DSSD he had found there. It wasn't a Eurotimez (TrevorTime) watch, and it wasn't a NoobFactory watch. And that puzzled me. It had slim hour markers like a Trevor watch, a much more correct insert triangle (Trevor no curve, Noob way too curved) but a correct style HEV like a Noob ... I never heard about this watch again ... until .. within the last few months dealers here and on other forums started selling it.

Since it was first sighted in MBK Mall, I've been calling it the MBK v6

The huge tell is that when you pop off the back, the "titanium" piece is an incorrect stepped design like the early v3 Noob watch.

Since the case back had become LESS correct with this model, and the Cartel was not trumpeting about a new Noob design, I assumed it was a 3rd factory.

Lastly, it's available in ETA and a21j .. and I didn't think NoobFactory makes an a21j version??

I'll work on finding links with pics.

Hi JKay, interesting. I'd love to look at the MBK v6. I welcome new and better versions of DSSD, sub-c, 16610 sub, etc. And I will try my best to source them and carry them. :D

The noobfactory actually offers a21j as one of the movt options. The options are a21j, asian clone 2836-2, asian clone 2836-2 with 3135 dressup gear and bridge (aka a3135 movt), Swiss 2836-2, and Sellita SW 220.

the a21j version - ReplicaMake88.com Asia 21j DSSD

China ETA Clone version - PureTime China ETA Clone DSSD

Check out the stepped (incorrect) case back on these, but parts are better than the Trevor watch (pearl, HEV, pearl triangle, better hour marker shape) and parts are better than the Noob watch (pearl triangle, hour marker shape) ..

So unless I simply don't know what the newest Noob DSSD looks like, and am totally mistaken here, we have a 3rd factory making a 3rd high quality version of the DSSD.

Hey, if these are the newest version from Noobfactory then good for them ... it's a nice improvement to the insert and markers. No one but your watch maker will ever see the incorrectly shaped case back

MBK v6: That not a big deal , I will still prefer to make orders with BK for V6 Version with him

personally inspecting and fixing everything that needs fixing (gaskets, parts alignment, pearl mod - big deal for accuracy, DW overlay, etc.)

its a lots higher , but I found (personally) that it worth the money! I had a little issue with steel ring

(engraving job) and glasp (almost invisible) print Logo) could be my fault for not having asked him to personally

check this before shipping ,but im sure he will fix the problems in a timely manner!

Friends of mine and my Boss want me to order them V6 (perfectly QCs from BK) the watch start to became

a real "where did you purchased this watch" talker around me , never expected so many attention !!! lol

if you want "THE" DSSD version , Go for BK guys ;)

thx Rambo73

I just posted a v5 and v6 comparison on RWI. Cross-posting here:

Way back I sold a few noobfactory DSSD v3s and then stopped because I couldn't stand the small numbers, weak paint, and incorrect 10 on the bezel insert. The lack of bevel window didn't bother me. I waited and waited. The v5 came and I felt it's good enough so I started carrying it. I'm quite sure it's the v5 that started having bolder and white numbers on the bezel insert. Correct "10" might also be introduced at v5. In fact, my product offering post still shows a v5. Lazy me.

The differences between the v5 and v6 are:

v5 CGs

IMG_8375.jpg

v6 CGs

IMG_9885.jpg

v5 CGs

IMG_3110.jpg

v6 CGs

IMG_3109.jpg

- v6 HEVs are mostly pressable while v5's are mostly not pressable, generally speaking. I think pressable HEV existed for a while. The factory sometimes mixes in the 2 types of HEVs on both versions. That's why I said generally speaking. I hardly run into a non-pressable HEV on a v6 now. Anyway, HEV isn't a definitive way to id v5/v6. CGs are really the better way.

- v6's caseback seal and seal grove is on the titanium back, not on the case. You dont find a seal grove on the case anymore. This is another definitive way to id a v6 but you have to open the back to see it. This new placement of the seal and seal grove makes for less slipping and wrinkling of the gasket seal when you put back and tighten the caseback. I don't the physics behind it, the v6 gasket placement is just sweeter to deal with.

v5 case and caseback

IMG_8416.jpg

v6 case and caseback

IMG_9845.jpg

As to id a noobfactory DSSD, just look at the serial number on the rehaut near 6 o'clock. It's either M646829 or V646829. I can tell without looking at the serial number because the pearl, the dial, the date, esp. the date, are easy giveaways.

I mentioned all the dealers who carry the noobfactory DSSDs are subject to the same variances the factory has. Look at these 3 DSSDs' pearls I have on hand. Every one of them has a different position:

IMG_9889.jpg

In real life, they have different lume color, clear coat curvature too. Welcome to rep consistency or lack of it.

But these are small variances. One dial can have better applied lume paste than the next, one glidelock, one bezel, one diver's extension etc can be tighter than the next. Lastly, the factory may change a small part, which may or may not be permanent. For example, the clasp print went from this bolder/darker print

IMG_0004.jpg

to this lighter/greyish print

IMG_0014.jpg

They both are on the v6. I wouldn't bump the version number from v6 to v7 because this change. The change is small and not likely to be permanent.

I hope you get my point. I also hope this helps your buying. I'm not trying to push my watch here. I carry the same noobfactory DSSD as many dealers do. It comes in different movement options so the price goes from $88 (Asian 21j movt) to $388 (Swiss ETA) from different dealers. Mine is at $420 (Swiss ETA or Swiss Sellita) with mods. You can't go wrong with our forum trusted dealers. Trevor carries the noobfactory one as well as his other all-famous Trevor's DSSD which is also carried by some other dealers. You just need to know which version you want and who has the version you want.

bk

Im not sure what to say about that first photo, which you've labeled as a v5 .. those hour markers are very gen-like, unlike any Noob v5 I have ever seen. Noob DSSDs have always had fat marker rings.

Rule of thumb is that Trevor's markers are too thin and Noob markers are too chubby

• 2 months later...

I just bougt Lay's (Replicamake) DSSD...it's realy unbelievable $88 !!!

The best QC: Pics and movement-check movie!! Asian 21j...runs great.. IMO it's Noobfactory as I can't see any differences..

So..my 2cents!! :1a:

I got one too from "Replicamake" and love it. Wearing it now, which is a huge coincidence.

oh my god, so beautiful! :bangin:

seriously tho, that looks like a gen DSSD. Is it a v6 or a Gen?

Also, you are the second person who says they got a DSSD a21j from Lay for $88 but I swear I can not find one on his site for that amount of money. So how do you get this deal? Lastly, the NoobFactory does not offer a21j in their DSSD. It's not a Noob.

I got mine for $88, but notice it is now $128. It's my fault for the price hike 'coz I gave it 2 x 5 star reviews because others had raved about it and then only gave it 4 starts and didn't say why they dropped a star? If you rave about something then it has to be 5 stars, Surely? But hey, who am I but a confused consumer! :wounded1:

I was going to buy another at $88, but didn't do so because of the price hike. (That should help bring the price down again?) :victory: Nop! They stopped selling it :cry2:

I fall for it every time when buying from them. They say:"Don't pay until we send you instructions within 24 hours". I wait for their email for a week, but nothing comes, so I go to their site and scrounge around a bit then accidentally fall over "something" and there it is: "Toooooo Bad, we wait 3 days and Order Been Cancel By Us". ummmmm I never remember that they are the only "mob" that require to you to look for a message posted on their own site, rather than an ordinary email. Silly me, with all the millions of other things going on in my life I always forget to check their internal message posts on how to pay for their/my watch. Have written on scores of occasions to: "please change your/their ways and help this poor boy out", but ........... never even a single word of condolence/acknowledgement is received. :shock: It's back on sale for $128 :bangin:

• 2 months later...

The question for you is: what are you looking for?

A ) A guaranteed very accurate DSSD, go with BK. He will personally inspect and fix everything that needs fixing (gaskets, parts alignment, pearl mod - big deal for accuracy, DW overlay, etc.)

B ) A good shot in the dark - NoobFactory = Cartel = TimesShop whatever the latest model is - Go with Asian clone high beat movements since there's no guarantee you will get an actual ETA

C ) Just something to try on - the inexpensive versions.

I have a friend that has own a gen and has the BK (well it's mine now :) since he just bought a vintage gen Rolie ). He can't tell the difference unless when you set time and screw the crown because the Rolex movement will do laps around an ETA any day.

Like some other folks said, you may get lucky with the regular Noob version but it's a shot in the dark

If you decide to go with the cheap ones you will have something that resembles but will never pass for a DSSD (the jumpy 21js are a far cry from the smooth Rolex swiping).

PS: Whatever you decide I'd suggest to stick with dealers approved by this board. Some dealers listed above are not approved here for a good reason.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Well said: "Whatever you decide I'd suggest to stick with dealers approved by this board. Some dealers listed above are not approved here for a good reason". Especially, dealers who's names have been CAPITALIZED as they often have pseudonyms "to write themselves up" on Sites where they are NOT APPROVED for a GOOD REASON(S).

I just bougt Lay's (Replicamake) DSSD...it's realy unbelievable $88 !!!

The best QC: Pics and movement-check movie!! Asian 21j...runs great.. IMO it's Noobfactory as I can't see any differences..

So..my 2cents!! :1a:

+1 , I love my $88. Don't know if all DSSD come with thin markers and numerals on the ceramic Bezel? This does, so was told to paint them white enamel, so I did. Then someone else said that 3 parts white to 1 part chrome/metallic silver was closer to the real thing, so I did. Then someone else said I should paint it white to make the thin numerals and markers look larger. I think the sandwich is full now, so not sure what to do? :g: