When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Deployants - Side By Side

PeteM

I am putting together a pictorial review of the rep deployants compared to the gens and although I am still working through the pics, I thought I would post this group pic.....

There are a variation of the deployants here...that perhaps some of you may recognise... the review will follow shortly...;) Any comments ..:)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all look the same to me!:black_eye::bicycle:

Mate...you aint alone!!! Even I got confused whilst I was taking the pics and reviewing the pics especially with 2 of them !! I think the pic highlights just how good even the worse one is...I just wish I still had the first deployant I had...but it was so bad in terms of the engraving that I sold it but it would of been good for these puroposes...

I aint looking for anyone to make a fool of themselves here or try to be clever, believe me guys I do that enough on here for all of us ;)...I would just beinterested in your initial thoughts and if you feel like you know or you want to have a punt..then do...no ones going to take the p iss...they leave that for me :)

In fact one of them is so close to gen that I would never buy a deployant advertised as gen again....

I guess it would make a lot of difference in tell if your actually holding them in your fingers~!

Are we still talking about the deployants?

Or your pics ??? ;)

Middle is Gen, rest are reps. Three are from one maker (1,4,5) and 2nd from the left looks a little different. But No. 3 in the middle is the Gen.

Great to see someone have a crack mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But unfortunately you are wrong on all counts....

Great to see someone have a crack mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But unfortunately you are wrong on all counts....

Ok ok... I was just testing... :op

I judged it based on the small engravings on the side that goes into the long side of the strap, plus the depth of engraving. I've seen a lot of laser-etched ones that are rubbish, that looked most gen-like but the light favors No. 3.

5 is my next best contender, but don't tell us yet, let the others have a crack :) I don't want to be the only failed attempt :) looking forward to the breakdown Pete :)

Ok ok... I was just testing... :op

I judged it based on the small engravings on the side that goes into the long side of the strap, plus the depth of engraving. I've seen a lot of laser-etched ones that are rubbish, that looked most gen-like but the light favors No. 3.

5 is my next best contender, but don't tell us yet, let the others have a crack :) I don't want to be the only failed attempt :) looking forward to the breakdown Pete :)

Total Kudos to you mate...I am not so sure I would of had the balls to give my opinion based on my post...Respect mate :):thumbsupsmileyanim:

I had these in my hand and had to keep checking a couple to be sure so its even harder on the pics, it is just interesting that even us guys can be mistaken so it proves these things aint always as flawed as we make out...including me !! ;)

Total Kudos to you mate...I am not so sure I would of had the balls to give my opinion based on my post...Respect mate :):thumbsupsmileyanim:

I had these in my hand and had to keep checking a couple to be sure so its even harder on the pics, it is just interesting that even us guys can be mistaken so it proves these things aint always as flawed as we make out...including me !! ;)

For all your tatts, I know you're just a big softie Pete, and you wouldn't make me feel bad :) I had two stabs at it, and now I retreat to my hole and contemplate my rep knowledge and question all that I've learnt in the past year :) haha I've signed up for email notifications on this one and looking forward to your upcoming PAM deployant rep/gen lesson :)

the first one is the gen.. but the rest are some pretty dezent rep clasps

but on the second clasp wich looks a bit polished are this 4 little lets call it half-holes missing in the middle, you know what i mean P right? oh and the writing is upside down :p

but they all look good, but not sure if the open/close mechanism is so good on the reps :D

and the one in the middle is the best rep clasp i have seen ever :D

but on the second clasp wich looks a bit polished are this 4 little lets call it half-holes missing in the middle, you know what i mean P right? oh and the writing is upside down :p

but they all look good, but not sure if the open/close mechanism is so good on the reps :D

Come on Deniz! You let me make a fool of myself and then have a 60% shot of getting it right? :rofl:

I wondered the same about the second clasp (missing slot bits) but the engraving was completely off.

I'm going to plead a defense, I'm seeing this pic on an iPhone 3GS without Retina Display :)

and the one in the middle is the best rep clasp i have seen ever :D

Well done D for having a pop though I am not sure from which side you are numbering...:) I guess the left?

Those little cut outs that are on them, though its not very clear, these are the catchers that the butterfly arms pop into... and yes you are right this one doesnt have them

The open/closing action can be poor on the reps thats true mate but if you make sure the screws on the release tabs are tightened and you oil it they can be just as good...my gens catch sometimes too in fact one rep there has never caught whereas the gen in the pic has...

Pete-

Awesome post. I can never tell the difference between the better reps and the gen. And so I never have any idea what I am wearing when I where that generation of depoyant. My solution...avoid confusion. :lol:

I have never seen one of those in my hand myself but I always liked that style but I only thought these were the 40mm (20mm) deployants...? Are they available in 22mm?

Of course just using a buckle is one option but I do like deployants as they reduce the wear on the strap and you dont end up with those horrible creases etc plus I find them more comfortable personally :)

from this view I'd say my least favorite from aesthetics would be 2 and 5. I think 1,3,and 4 are great at this angle, I'd say 1 has rounder corners but worse brushing, and 3 has much nicer brushing but sharper corners. In the end I'd say its down to preference but I'd take ether 1 or 3 :drinks:

I have never seen one of those in my hand myself but I always liked that style but I only thought these were the 40mm (20mm) deployants...? Are they available in 22mm?

They are available in 22mm. It was the standard deployant in the F series year. That one came with my 162. It is smaller and more comfortable than the next generation and for that reason I don't see them come up for sale very often.

But when it comes to the more contemporary versions of the deployant some of those reps are really good. I don't think I would buy one as gen other than seeing it in person or getting it from an AD.