When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD Franken

baruch

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HM! Why is his "gen" dial matte as hell, and your "gen" dial glossy as hell ?? :mellow:

I found this on one of the gen forums, probably the pure Rolex forum. Chances are that the watch shown dissected above is the early "M" version DEEPSEA, where the dial he shows is the "V" version dial. I've also noticed that the HEV and round dial markers are different on the first version of the DSSD. Some might think that the parts are same all throughout the DSSD line, but me thinks different. :)

Dial is gloss.

It sometimes looks matt because it is less black and more grey than other dials (eg Sub and GMT). But it is 100% gloss.

Gen insert will never fit a rep, totally different.

Dial could well be gen. Lume color is blue but often it turns out more green on pictures.

Gen DSSD dials are all matt black incase there is any confusion. The difference on the Mk1 and Mk2 is the fonts/spacing and the cornet is different. <br><br>I would love to see a pic of your gen DSSD dial. I havent seen one without the thick saphire crystal distorting it. <br><br>dizz<br>

Gen DSSD dials are all matt black incase there is any confusion.

You are wrong. They are gloss...

But because the dial is not as black as eg a sub or gmt it sometimes looks matt...

The guy who did the (gen) Jacques Piccards DSSD for Philipp Stahl told me this. He has held 87 of them... ;)

Some pictures of a gen DSSD dial

CEfkRRQCGkKGrHqVgsE0whtNGBNSEswRuU_12.jpg

CEfkOVwBWkKGrHqJgwE05yEC9QyBNSEsqRzqQ_12.jpg

CEfkPWBmkKGrHqViEE0ESYNULSBNSEssdNlQ_12.jpg

You are right about the MK1 an MK2 though...

Edited by JIFF