When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The 44mm Mini Fiddy from Sead at Supermirrors

Jkay

My sister was going berserk over my full sized Fiddy this past weekend, and asked if there was a smaller version she could wear.

After doing some looking, I see that Supermirrors has been selling a 44mm Mini Fiddy for years, but there are not a lot of pics or any current info at all about them. Does anyone have some good photos of this watch, or at least know if you can have blue AR applied to the plain mineral crystal? That's a deal breaker; she wants the purple blue glass.

thanks for any and all info on this.

Not sure if a girl's wrist can pull off a 44mm mini Fiddy. I'll try a 44mm Luminor on a friend's wrist tomorrow, she always says the 111 is so 'manly' :)

When I get home, I'll do the same... I have a 44mm Panerai that I'll put on the missus's wrist. First inclination, it's going to be huge (yes, that's what she said! :lol:) but if your sister likes that big of a watch, it sounds like it'd be right up her alley!

.............. given the large watches that I see many woman wear...When I am stalking! ;) That is!!

I really feel a full or mini fiddy would look great on any small wrist...the key to making it look good.... is the strap and buckle I suggest you get what you like and focus on a strap to suit a female wrist ...indeed any small wrist

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

It always amazes me how many woman come up and ask me about my 47s... No BS it really seems to catch their eye....

and given I am usually in my balaclava hiding in a bush its even more strange...;)

.............. given the large watches that I see many woman wear...When I am stalking! ;) That is!!

Pete how many times have I told you to stop stalking my mum. If you want her to knit you a sweater, you can just ask already :D

@Jkay - I have seen some insanely large watches on some women lately. I guess it just depends on how comfortable your sister would be wearing one. She just needs to try one on first to test drive it

Pete how many times have I told you to stop stalking my mum. If you want her to knit you a sweater, you can just ask already :D

@Jkay - I have seen some insanely large watches on some women lately. I guess it just depends on how comfortable your sister would be wearing one. She just needs to try one on first to test drive it

:rofl:

Mate I would but since you took out that injunction...I am stuffed !!

thanks for all the interest, guys. Does anyone know if you can purple AR mineral crystal? No one carries a mini fiddy with sapphire.

Mineral glass generally goes a yellowish with most aftermarket AR coatings (ie the guys we use generally) but with sandwich its slightly different again...

However I think Taka use to be able to get it with his old coating but I know he changed his coatings last year and now offers two versions...it might be worth contacting him..

If not try Fireman Freds new AR supplier he might be able to help...when I asked Uwe he said he couldnt....I am not sure if Rex still can either...

Getat stocks crystals for minis, so send him an email and see if he can source one with AR on it for you. I purchased one from him, but I don't recall seeing any sapphire ones. Having said that, why anyone would want turbo purple AR applied to any watch is beyond me, but hey, it is her watch.

Edited by ugoderosa

I guess you want a gen fiddy crystal look on the mini crystal?

If you can source a sapphire then you will have no problem getting the gen AR look... :)

Getat stocks crystals for minis, so send him an email and see if he can source one with AR on it for you. I purchased one from him, but I don't recall seeing any sapphire ones. Having said that, why anyone would want turbo purple AR applied to any watch is beyond me, but hey, it is her watch.

A couple of quick corrections/clarifications: I bought my mini fiddy crystal from Jackson, not Getat. It was pretty cheap (I think $15 or so) and is mineral glass without AR. When I posted about the "turbo purple AR" I was referring to the AR'ed crystals that Jackson sells, as Jackson's AR seems way too strong and looks bad to me. Again, not sure if Jackson can source a sapphire for you, but it is worth a shot.

The superlume is a giveaway.

You say that but actually I think its the .....Heavy Breathing and the panting ;)

O and the lume moving quickly ...!!!!

Gen 127 Fiddy has purple AR .. the destro 217 has neutral grey AR ... so it's perfectly acceptable. Besides, she liked the blue color.

If you are after a mini fiddy look why not consider the 3 day or 10 day PAMs :)

BRILLIANT ... :1a:

The standard 8 Days w/ working power reserve at 6 comes with a blue mineral crystal, and is a 44mm "fiddy style" case

YES!! Thanks for the ideas, everyone.

4ead7d431268f1a5df6ee19a03d6f64a.image.733x550.jpg

AR..!!!

Dont get me started !!! ;):)

Thats great J :thumbsupsmileyanim:....Looking forward to the wristies :)

Cheapest I have seen of these was PWC and WE (With the discount code) if you aint decided on the dealer yet mate, that is :)