When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WR on H-factory

Tom Hawkes

I'm wondering: how many people did test the water resistance of their new H-factory reps? (005, 318, 219, 177)

Did anyone try to make the case more waterproof by glueing the top bezelpart and middlecase together with epoxy or something similar?

From what I have read so far the makers used the case construction of the 47mm cases and together with the extremely thin gasket between the topcase and middlecase that might prove to be problematic. (See the posts from w0lf at RG for example.)

Water resistance is on a case by case basis on **** all rep watches **** ... some fault in yours could ruin it's WR .. there is no QC, remember. Maybe the person who made ONLY your watch forgot to put in the gasket.

You see? You always have to check. Do not trust.

Guys.. Read my initial post again.. :rolleyes: This is not a newb asking you if my watch is good to go for a 200 meters dive.

The case construction on the H-factory reps is different from the gen and the gasket that has been used between the top part and middle case is half as thin as the one on the caseback according to some members who know their stuff and have taken some apart..

So the questions are:

1. Did anyone test their watch (after greasing the seals and tightening the caseback :rolleyes: ) and see if there was any problem due to the case construction? Such as the decompression popping the bezel or having water leak from under the bezel.

2. Did anyone try to avoid the case construction problem by fusing the top and middle case together with (for example) epoxy.

Edited by Tom Hawkes

Interesting thread.

Got a 005K form the Hublot factory on it's way.

I think that Star69 can give us some more insides.

PT told me that these aren't good for swimming but what i will do i send it out to one of our watchsmiths and have it checked

and modded if necessary.

Carpe Diem

Cats

I dropped mine down the toilet and then fushed it without realising.....

I will let you know how it did....... when I get it back !!!! :)

Hmmm, who's going to shower or swim with a PAM anyway? As I would never wear mine on bracelet (too bling bling 8)) and I really wouldn't want my leather straps to get soaking wet that's no option for me.

But it should be possible to make them watertight with a bit of grease for normal use - not for diving that is.

Agree it looks better on a leather strap but ,

I will wear my PAM005K ( which still has to come )during summer on the rubber strap.

I have ruined lot's of leather straps by sweating too much.

Will ship it of to my watch smith to get it waterproofed.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Hmmm, who's going to shower or swim with a PAM anyway? As I would never wear mine on bracelet (too bling bling 8)) and I really wouldn't want my leather straps to get soaking wet that's no option for me.

You do realize you are talking about a 300m divers watch that comes standard with a rubber strap, right?

Besides that, how pitiful is it, if you can't even rinse your (rep ultimate 1:1 super duper) divers watch under the faucet?

Why not just test water resistance on your specific H-factory watch after verifying there is a bezel gasket, greasing the caseback, and crown gaskets? The original is a 300m diver, expecting the same or similar water resistance from a rep is like expecting a film inspired by real events to be completely factual.

You do realize you are talking about a 300m divers watch that comes standard with a rubber strap, right?

Besides that, how pitiful is it, if you can't even rinse your (rep ultimate 1:1 super duper) divers watch under the faucet?

Yes, you're right - I tend to forget those rubber straps... don't like them... :whistling:

Anyway, if you want a diver's watch - buy a gen. If you only want to take if for a swim or in the shower, that should be possible with every modern rep with a bit of grease and proper gaskets.

Oh boy.. Really, wolf?

Why not just test water resistance on your specific H-factory watch after verifying there is a bezel gasket, greasing the caseback, and crown gaskets?

Cause YOU said everyone who does so rolls the dice. So I asked if anyone did anyway. Believe it or not, I do actually take your opinion seriously.

The original is a 300m diver, expecting the same or similar water resistance from a rep is like expecting a film inspired by real events to be completely factual.

No sh*t, Sherlock.. My comment regarding the 300m divers watch was in regard to the previous post stating:

Hmmm, who's going to shower or swim with a PAM anyway? As I would never wear mine on bracelet (too bling bling ) and I really wouldn't want my leather straps to get soaking wet that's no option for me.

He is talking about why anyone would want to get a PAM wet. No talk of a rep. Neither on his end, nor on mine. A Luminor is not exactly a dress watch, SO WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE WOULD GET IT WET? Hahaha, oh wow..

This thread was merely meant to investigate if anyone did have any problems with WR, if anyone did actually test the WR and if anyone did anything to improve the case construction problem. All concerns raised by you wolf...

So are you guys kidding me with your "if you want to go diving buy a gen" comments? :rofl: Nowhere did I say I expect the same of a 200 USD rep that I would from the 5000 USD gen.. I was even talking about rinsing it under the faucet.

So if you guys don't have anything to add, why not keep the "get a gen" and "why do you need WR" comments for yourself?

facepalmdbua.jpg

Edited by Tom Hawkes

Oh boy.. Really, wolf?

Cause YOU said everyone who does so rolls the dice. So I asked if anyone did anyway.

(..)

You need to start paying attention. My original statement was that people that tested their h-factory reps in fully submerged WR chambers and didn't check for bezel gasket rolled the dice. I'm clearly stating in this thread that you need to grease the said gasket. With your attitude you're lucky anyone gave two sh1ts about your question to even post a "get a gen" comment.

So the bezel gasket that might be too thin to be good for anything is OKIDOKI if you grease it up and throw the whole thing into the water? Great!

And the remarks about how disassembling the case and putting it back together might get it just out of round enough to cause problems cause after all it's just friction fitted? No problem I guess.. :rolleyes:

But you are right of course. People shouldn't answer me. At least when it's going to be 'well I dont care about WR'. Rather lets have some more '005 is out of stock' threads. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Tom Hawkes

What do you want- a guarantee that the watch won't leak? Someone else testing their watch is no indication that your watch will also be waterproof. I get an impression you're not looking for an answer as you seem to know the answer better than anyone else.

What do you want- a guarantee that the watch won't leak? Someone else testing their watch is no indication that your watch will also be waterproof. I get an impression you're not looking for an answer as you seem to know the answer better than anyone else.

Empirical research, my friend.

I have good news and bad news......The good news is having searched the U Bend I have now found my watch...... the bad news is.. it shrunk !!........but its still ticking ;)

Tom..... No matter how it may come across mate...nobody replying here wants to take the mick...sometimes language or interpretation can be misunderstood....

There really aint no need for anyone to get worked up over this..... we are all here to enjoy this hobby....we get enough sh*t in the real world without bringing out here....

And if you want my honest opinion...personally I wouldnt take any rep in the water... unless of course the boat I was in hit an iceberg....then F*ck it!!! I wouldnt care :);)

Yes, you're right - I tend to forget those rubber straps... don't like them... :whistling:

Anyway, if you want a diver's watch - buy a gen. If you only want to take if for a swim or in the shower, that should be possible with every modern rep with a bit of grease and proper gaskets.

Your statement is incorrect I had taken many rep for a swim on the ocean; without greasing anything just making sure that the caseback is tight and the crystal is set properly, las weekend I went fishing an took my 177L on a rubber strap got into the water and all that stuff no problems there, if the case-back has a rubber seal it should be enough to keep the water out. there is no need to over tight the case-back. What I do not understand is why this questions keeps getting asked all the time, has been answer hundreds of times already.

I have also taken a 1665 and a PO 45 for a 100 feet dive

my two cents.