When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's currently doing Super Luminova?

CaptainJack

Hello all,

In the ongoing odyssey of my V3 "Z" 16610 build, I'm at the point where I need to find someone to do a strip and lume

of the hand set with Superluminova.

I've looked at all the forums for someone offering the service, and there doesn't seem to be anybody currently offering

the service for the Rolex reps; did I miss someone out there?

I also managed to loose my sweep second hand(tiny little sucker), so does anybody know of anyone who sells hand sets to fit

the ETA 2824-2?

On a more positive note, I just got my V3 watch case back from PBDad who installed my gen crystal/gasket, gen bezel assembly and

gen tube; fabulous work, I don't think the case has ever looked better.

Any help on the lume and second hand?

Thanks guys,

Jack

Hey modelizer,

Thanks for the heads up on Yuki's, he has a Tudor hand set for the eta 2824-2, so I'm going to drop him a line and pick up a set for relume.

I tried Clark's, but he doesn't have any.

I went ahead and sent an email to Vaclume to see if he wants the work, Zigmeister doesn't take PM's anymore.

Jack

Hello Jack.. In the US you have the Zigmeister and Vaclume working their lume magic.. And regarding the sweep second hand, I think your best bet is either Yuki's or Clark's full hand set on the bay..

Good luck on your oddyssey!

Hey modelizer,

Thanks for the heads up on Yuki's, he has a Tudor hand set for the eta 2824-2, so I'm going to drop him a line and pick up a set for relume.

I tried Clark's, but he doesn't have any.

I went ahead and sent an email to Vaclume to see if he wants the work, Zigmeister doesn't take PM's anymore.

Jack

No worries mate!

I ordered a set from Yuki (along with some other stuff) like two days ago. Checked with Clark before ordering and it looks like he still has them available in this listing.

Hi,

all things considered, i would buy the Clark hands if available. As far as Superluminova, most all of the modders who are doing modding for members can do hand and dial lumes. Just need to find one that you want to do the job. Pretty important as to where you are located. The fewer times your watch has to cross borders and go through customs the better.

ispytonyv, not sure who RSH is. Care to elaborate?

Jack

He may not be here, but he's on a couple of the other forums... he's new on the scene but is doing (mostly Sub modding) work that is quickly approaching BK or PBdad. Just recently started luming and results look pretty good.

Wow, he just told me yesterday he didn't have any to fit the 2824.

But your link to the hand set from Clark got me really looking at the hour hand.

I've attached some photos from Rolex forums and one from Tribal, the one of just hands is from Yuki's site.

If you look at the length of the hour hand from the movement attachment point to the mercedes circle, the length

of the Clark set hour hand looks kind of short.

I looked at the hour hand from my V3 and my gen 16613, and they both have more length in that first section.

I went ahead and bought the set from Yuki to check them out; 10 bucks at this point in the game is nothing.

But his sets seem to have a heavy(width) metal look to them compared to gen hands.

This could get interesting.

Oh, I just heard back from Vac, sixty dollars to relume my hand set, ouch! The zigmeister charges $35, but there's

no way to contact him anymore.

Jack

PS- I just bought the Clark set so I can do a side by side....

No worries mate!

I ordered a set from Yuki (along with some other stuff) like two days ago. Checked with Clark before ordering and it looks like he still has them available in this listing.

post-19133-0-15391900-1300986316.jpg

post-19133-0-20940000-1300986338.jpg

post-19133-0-25443700-1300986355.jpg

post-19133-0-37457900-1300986396.jpg

Wow, he just told me yesterday he didn't have any to fit the 2824.

But your link to the hand set from Clark got me really looking at the hour hand.

I've attached some photos from Rolex forums and one from Tribal, the one of just hands is from Yuki's site.

If you look at the length of the hour hand from the movement attachment point to the mercedes circle, the length

of the Clark set hour hand looks kind of short.

I looked at the hour hand from my V3 and my gen 16613, and they both have more length in that first section.

I went ahead and bought the set from Yuki to check them out; 10 bucks at this point in the game is nothing.

But his sets seem to have a heavy(width) metal look to them compared to gen hands.

This could get interesting.

Oh, I just heard back from Vac, sixty dollars to relume my hand set, ouch! The zigmeister charges $35, but there's

Jack

PS- I just bought the Clark set so I can do a side by side....

Yes, there are pros and cons with both Clark's and Yuki's sets. The Clark hour hand is a bit off - especially the part you indicate, but also the "nose"/ tip is a little bit short compared to gen. And the Yuki set is indeed a bit beefy in its metal, but I still prefer them judged by the sales pics only. Would love to see a side by side comparison once they are in your possession if you can find the time that is.. :)

Oh, I just heard back from Vac, sixty dollars to relume my hand set, ouch!

Wow, looks like I need to seriously re-visit and adjust my pricing, wonder what the going rate is for a complete dial...

I certainly don't want to become the "cheapest" in town, especially since my quality is so high.

The zigmeister charges $35,

Not anymore I don't... :)

but there's

You received by email, on Oct 10, 2010, my complete pricing and capability list, you never responded....

zigmeister,

Yes, I got your price list back in Oct., saved it for future reference, but deleted the email because I

thought the contact info was on the attachment; everything else is there, but no contact info.

I'm still interested in having you do the lume job, but will you do just re-luming? I seem to remember

a minimum order amount.

If you're willing, contact me: jack..at..cmspan.net

Jack

You received by email, on Oct 10, 2010, my complete pricing and capability list, you never responded....

+10000 Zigmeister's work is fantastic! Completely strips old lume and fills with new! No topcoating just to get it done. I was so impressed with him and his work, I've got a slot in april for him to work on more of my watches :)

Pbdad is also fantastic, although I've only worked with him on vintage builds. He's currently working on a vintage watch for me now, and I plan to go back to him for lots more! The work I've seen on his modern pieces looks awesome!

Vac I've worked with on one watch and for me, it was a bit sloppy (lumed over the metal on some indices) thus I was dissapointed.. Not trying to put him down, as I've seen some fantastic jobs from him. Only speaking from personal experience.

My 3 cents :)

zigmeister,

Yes, I got your price list back in Oct., saved it for future reference, but deleted the email because I

thought the contact info was on the attachment; everything else is there, but no contact info.

I'm still interested in having you do the lume job, but will you do just re-luming? I seem to remember

a minimum order amount.

If you're willing, contact me: jack..at..cmspan.net

Jack

I would suggest you try Kent at everestwatchworks.

I do have a minimum billing amount and would not accept only a set of hands for lume, the reality is that it's not worth it. Overhead is the same for all jobs, any less than the minimum and your loosing money...sorry...

Thank you for the suggestion zigmeister, I just sent an email to Kent to ask if he's interested.

I would suggest you try Kent at everestwatchworks.

I do have a minimum billing amount and would not accept only a set of hands for lume, the reality is that it's not worth it. Overhead is the same for all jobs, any less than the minimum and your loosing money...sorry...

I have been playing around with lume, the hands are actually easier than the dial itself

these were redone with some very good lume, though not superluminova, however still very bright and strong

The clark hands are weird looking, the mercedes area circle looked huge compared to the stem, etc....I have a second hand that will fit

DSCN9561.jpg

here is a relumed noob sub, hands were relumed too, PM me if I can help

DSCN9561.jpg