When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DOXA Customer Service Quality

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Please have a look at how gen DOXA company treats its customers, it is a repost from another forum:

Here we go.

Hereby I will present rather sad story about Doxas customer support, service standards, and overall attitude to its clients.

At 04/02/2011 I have bought brand new DOXA 5000T Sharkhunter, using direct path and official Doxa site :

http://www.doxawatches.co...sharkhunter.htm

Payment was transfered using my Paypal account, transaction No 65V072535W482133X.

Happy as a puppy - was waiting for a delivery.

The parcel left USA at 15/02/2011 by FedEx, tracking No 794426316994

At 20/02/2011 FeEx Warsaw branch got complet documentation and prepayment to proceed with VAT tax and custom fees, delivered by bank transfer at FedEx account in Poland (total amount >$430)

The parcel has "in delivery" status, and was to be delivered, when was called back by DOXA itself. I got the mail as follows :

Hi Waldemar,

There has been a mistake, the wrong watch was shipped to you. We are trying to get it sent back to us, but if you receive a package from DOXA DO NOT ACCEPT IT. Tell them to return to sender. We will get the correct watch sent to you as soon as possible. I am very sorry for this problem!

Thank you,

Andy Bard

Customer Care

DOXA Watches

www.doxawatches.com

customersupport@doxawatches.com

The parcel was sended back to Warsaw, and after nother TWO WEEKS was shipped back to US, FedEx No 867603574091

There was no feedback neither from FedEx, nor DOXA concerning the case, even if I have sended mails, contacting by Paypal, by on-line chat, and so on.

The case get some speed starting from 11/03/2011.

I got the mail from my pale Andy, DOXAs employee of the month for bulling the clients, what I will show to you later.

The message goes :

Hi Waldemar,

We are going to ship your watch to you in the next day or two. First we need to get the VAT from you, it comes to $400.

Thank you,

Andy Bard

Customer Care

DOXA Watches

www.doxawatches.com

customersupport@doxawatches.com

OMFG

DOXA demands me to pay ADDITIONAL $400, when I have already paid $430 for VAT and custom fees, and still have no watch !

Considering the fact, that DOXA is not responding for my mails, only sending requests, I have tried to get theirs intrest by asking at official DOXA subforum at WUS.

The only I have got, was a privat mails like this :

No 1 :

customer service issue

Dear Sie, we are taking care of your problem, we will contact you by email ASAP, please do not post customers ervice issues on the DOXaA forum as this does not comply with the forum rules.

PLEASE USE THE PHONE, LIVECHAT OR EMAIL to communicate with DOXA

Thank you

Great Like there is anything else I was doing for a last three weeks

And No 2, even better : why must I pay double VAT tax due to theirs mistake :

Re: customer service issue

Dear Sir, please email us at help@doxawatches.com. we do not use the forum for communication.

We want to send you the watch but the VAT must be added to the price and you actually started a paypal dispute. It is realy very difficult to communicate if you dont understand what we are writing to you

Yeap. What a miserable redneck from the Eastern Europe am I, not to understand The Voice of DOXA Holly Virgine. Pitty me, silly me. Must have been gone down from a tree a bit later then my precious pals from DOXA customer support...

Have opened a dispute on Paypal, not having the watch, having paid > $830 - it was 4 days till the end of Paypal security cover time.

After a chit chat with my precious friends from DOXAs customer support, I belived that this whole thing is just an misunderstanding, and they will help me to resolve the case - anyway, it was my third DOXA watch, first that was sended from the USA (two others I get from Switzerland). So I have paid this additional $400 for VAT ...

Suddenly, the 5000T was resended, but not from the USA, but from Austria, that is EU member, and no VAT and custom fees are to be paid

As a cherry on a pye - the DOXA arrived broken No sign of life from balance wheel at all.

The answer that I have got from DOXA is a kind of its own, but reassembles all that were previous : I was told that have no idea how to wind automatic watch The "monkey down form a tree" case again.

What must I do ? Send the watch to DOXA, finally. They will fix it. I did. Paid ADDITIONAL $190 for secured shipment by myself, because as DOXA The Great told me, "the monkey down from the tree", sending the watch cost goes to the sender

Did you add the numbers ? If not : the price of the watch from official DOXAs store - gone. Additional $1020 - gone. No watch. DOXA is cool. I am not. But DOXA doesn't care. Still, they HAVE the money, and HAVE the watch.

When they get back the second watch - they have closed Paypal dispute by sending me the money back. But not witch additional $1020 that I have paid, just first transaction amount.

I logged into DOXAs live chat, and asked for explains. None. Zero.

So, no case for Paypal. No case for DOXA. Is a case for me.

For the ones interested, my chit-chat with DOXA by Paypal :

Paypal transaction 65V072535W482133X

Paypal dispute PP-001-244-308-379

SELLER - DOXA WATCHES

14-03-2011 14:58 CET

Dear Sir, we sent you the first watch (professional) by fedex, tracking number is FedEx tracking # 794426316994 and we have not received it back yet. We are currently tracing the package. We will ship a substitute today from within the EU once you pay the VAT (New Tracking number is fedex: 479735895191). We sent you a paypal invoice for the 20% VAT and expect payment today. Thank you

BUYER

14-03-2011 15:36 CET

OK.Waiting for transfer to the private account for paypal.

Today or tomorrow I will pay.

SELLER - DOXA WATCHES

14-03-2011 17:44 CET

Thank you

BUYER

15-03-2011 07:13 CET

VAT paid.

PS- first watch back - nr Fedex 867603574091

BUYER

18-03-2011 12:18 CET

Watch arrived but did not work:(

What can I do?

SELLER - DOXA WATCHES

18-03-2011 13:30 CET

The watch was tested before leaving the factory and it works fine. You have to wind the movement in order to make it work. This is an automatic watch and needs to be wound in order to build a power reserve. Please read the owners' manual on the DOXA website or on the CD enclosed in the package. Thank you

BUYER

18-03-2011 14:14 CET

I bought 2 doxa.I know how the movement. And this does not start at all.

SELLER - DOXA WATCHES

18-03-2011 15:00 CET

Please return it to our Address in Austria and we will send you a new one:

Name: DOXA WATCHES c/o ifactory.at IS GmbH

Street: Mauerbachstrasse 40/5

ZIP: A-1140

City: Vienna

Tel: +43 1 577 35 35 11

Thank you

DOXA watches Inc.

BUYER

18-03-2011 19:00 CET

Watch sent

Fedex 867602981710

in Vienna on Monday

SELLER - DOXA WATCHES

19-03-2011 06:29 CET

Thank you, we will replace it ASAP

DOXA watches Inc.

Looks like DOXA got VAT from me, and VAT refund from FedEx. That makes $800.

If it is not the nigerian style fraud - please explain me what is it?

It's all too unfortunate that this has become the norm in nearly every business.

Customer service is purely a thing of the past. It just doesn't exist anymore. Bottom line is about making money for the owners of the corporations/businesses and paying out as little as possible to their employees while trying their absolute hardest to NOT provide the best possible product and purchasing experience.

This guy would have done far far better to pay full retail at his local watch store... In-house guarantee, return to base, and would have saved a bundle... It's utterly ironic and almost laughable that the rep dealers here are so eager to help. Considering the exorbitant costs for gens, one would think decent customer service is what contributes to the watch costing so much. Stories like the above make one's blood boil...

No offense, but I really hate these posts.

Let me counter the above snafu as-- I have had nothing but a GREAT experience with Doxa / Doxausa / Andy. I have done TWO transactions with Doxa, all with great success and TOTAL satisfaction. (Including FedEx from Switzerland, to me, with duty/customs - non-issue)

Lets not let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

If you really want, I can go on about a horrible experience I had with Tag and a Movado and their customer service, but I WON'T....

On the other hand, their after sales service seems to be excellent. I contacted to DOXA USA to inquire about purchasing a replacement dial for a watch, and they sold me one at a very reasonable price.

An incorrect dial was sent from Switzerland (for a similarly named watch). I contacted them, they sent the correct dial, and asked me to mail the wrong one back to the US address.

How many other Swiss brands will let you buy replacement parts like that? Hell, how many rep dealers will let you buy parts?

On the other hand, their after sales service seems to be excellent. I contacted to DOXA USA to inquire about purchasing a replacement dial for a watch, and they sold me one at a very reasonable price.

An incorrect dial was sent from Switzerland (for a similarly named watch). I contacted them, they sent the correct dial, and asked me to mail the wrong one back to the US address.

How many other Swiss brands will let you buy replacement parts like that? Hell, how many rep dealers will let you buy parts?

Very true. They are very liberal in providing replacement parts. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Right now, my two favorite watch manufactures for end-to-end quality and support is DOXA and Ball.

No offense, but I really hate these posts.

Let me counter the above snafu as-- I have had nothing but a GREAT experience with Doxa / Doxausa / Andy. I have done TWO transactions with Doxa, all with great success and TOTAL satisfaction. (Including FedEx from Switzerland, to me, with duty/customs - non-issue)

Lets not let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

If you really want, I can go on about a horrible experience I had with Tag and a Movado and their customer service, but I WON'T....

Thats nice and all until your the one that ends up getting screwed, these reviews exist to apply some slight force the company to review and regulate its policies. I've heard good things about dealers even in these boards and gotten screwed as well, I really wish I had some negatives reviews of what I may expect otherwise your left looking at only rosy fields..

A good "Objective" review is always helpful, I agree. However, negative reviews will usually be more prevalent than simple satisfied customers. The whole squeaky wheel syndrome. If you take ONE possible mis-understanding / issue as a deal breaker, so be it. Pick YOUR favorite product / watch brand, and I guarantee you there are plenty of dissatisfied customers.

When was the last time you called "Customer Service" to say "how happy you were"?

Short of flat out being scammed, by a scammer, my arm-chair observation of "Negative" reviews within these forums and the watch world usually stem from;

1.) Language Barriers (I think there was some of that in this Doxa issue, and I have run into this dealing with our Asian friends)

2.) Impatience

3.) Unrealistic expectations of the product. (Rep or Gen. Hell I have seen people on Gen forums complaining about their NON-COSC watches running +12 a day)

Singling out a single GEN manufacturer here on a REP forum, in what might be an isolated incident is my concern. Should I post MY HORROR STORIES here about Movado Group or Tag Heuer? Just sayin' :victory: