When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who can Assemble my FRANKEN?

Guest rolex1

Guest rolex1

Who would the members recommend for assembling my franken? I have a Real DateJust case, Real Dial, and an ETA movement. I need someone who can put it all together...or at least do the canon pinion swap, and then I could case the movement. Ideally I'd like someone to do the cannon swap and I'd install the movement. I can supply the movement/hands.

So with that said...Who has a good reputation here? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

:drinks: To my first Franken! And many more...

What movement are you using?

16000 case or 1600 case?

If you are installing an ETA2836 into a 16000 case then you dont need to swap the canon pin. I've done lots of these. The stem doesn't line up 100% but it works.

cheers

dizz<br><br>EDIT - I see in your other post that you have a 1600 case. You need to use a ETA2824 movement on this one because of the piepan dial. <br>

Guest rolex1

But with the 2824 is there a need for canon work? I'm going to do an Air King afterwards, as that is what I wear daily and my watches tend to get destroyed.

If the 2824 is an easy one I'll just do that myself. Only thing is I absolutely want to be able to use my Gen date wheel, and find a set of pointed hands to boot.

I dont see why you would have to swap the canon pin. The only watches I need to swap canon pins in are the ETA6497 and Molinja movements in the Panerai vintage watches. Sometimes in the DG4813 highbeat Asian 21j movement you need to install a taller pin.

Heres mine.

all gen 16030 except with ETA2836, custom datewheel and Clarkes hands. I know the flat top 3 datewheel is incorrect for this watch but I like it that way! Love those flat top three's!

post-6336-0-64671800-1301369326.jpg

What movement are you using?

16000 case or 1600 case?

If you are installing an ETA2836 into a 16000 case then you dont need to swap the canon pin. I've done lots of these. The stem doesn't line up 100% but it works.

cheers

dizz<br><br>EDIT - I see in your other post that you have a 1600 case. You need to use a ETA2824 movement on this one because of the piepan dial. <br>

what do you mean when you say the stem doesn't line up 100%

(btw, I have a 2836-1 movement I plan on using - yes, a -1 not a -2) on a 16000 case.

Edited by If you see Kay

what do you mean when you say the stem doesn't line up 100%

(btw, I have a 2836-1 movement I plan on using - yes, a -1 not a -2) on a 16000 case.

The position in the movement plate for the stem hole is not quite the same. The sandwich of dial, spacer, and movement can make the stem hole microns off from center on the tube. Because of the slight flexibility of the stem, it'll work.

But with the 2824 is there a need for canon work? I'm going to do an Air King afterwards, as that is what I wear daily and my watches tend to get destroyed.

If the 2824 is an easy one I'll just do that myself. Only thing is I absolutely want to be able to use my Gen date wheel, and find a set of pointed hands to boot.

I don't think your genuine date wheel will work. the date change is opposite on older Rolex movements and ETA movements.The ETA datewheel changes/rotates clockwise, the Rolex date wheel changes/rotates counterclockwise.

Here is and ETA datewheel

Flattop3sDatewheel-White2.jpg