When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black or blue UN Maxi Marine?

slask111

Hi all,

I have decided to get the UN Maxi Marine Diver. With both SS and a rubber strap. I have no clue what color to get though. Im torn between the black surf and the blue surf. I have a Ebel 1911 (black dial), and a Tag link crono (blue dial) already. I dont have a black dial non crono though.. well no blue either.. Argh what to get?? In the pics i have seen on the forum they both look great. I dont care if the black surf is a fantasy model.. like anyone going to believe that i have a genuine blue surf anyway..

I wear jeans with a jacket or a suite at work.. i guess the black would look best to that. But the blue on SS just look outstanding..

Guys, clearly i need help here.

Pls post your pics of this great watch, pref wristies! :)

Thnx! :)

I have noticed that the people who buy a blue or black model find it almost impossible to re-sell. They last forever on the Watches for Sale forum.<br><br>Also I must mention that the hands and markers in this photo are in direct Summer sunlight. They are not bright electric blue naturally, but a deeper darker blue.<br><br>The lume is a lot of fun on this piece .. the hands are blue lume and the markers are green.<br>

Since when do men listen to their wives? Lol! ;)

Haha h2000, i wish that was true.

Actually i made her happy, just ordered a Fossil watch for her. Well she stole my TAG link Chrono and i want it back! ;) White plastic case and strap.. Im happy some are easy to please ;)

Ok so all i have found out so far is that i should go for the white dial.. thnx guys ;p

spacer.gif

post-14435-0-53568400-1301658485.jpg

I have noticed that the people who buy a blue or black model find it almost impossible to re-sell. They last forever on the Watches for Sale forum.<br><br>Also I must mention that the hands and markers in this photo are in direct Summer sunlight. They are not bright electric blue naturally, but a deeper darker blue.<br><br>The lume is a lot of fun on this piece .. the hands are blue lume and the markers are green.<br>

Yes that is weird. I would think that blue or especially black dials would be the most easy to re-sell. You know, the more "easy-to-swallow colors".

If i would go for a white dial i would like it with a black UN strap/clasp.. sexy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great pics crossbones! I almost pulled the trigger on a white dimple yesterday but no i really want the black or blue. But i want it to be a big one. How big is your wrist crossbones? Now maybe the 45mm UNMMD is the one for me.. I havent seen any pictures or reviews of it though...

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience of these with the rubber strap with RG clasp? Wondering if the quality of the RG is OK on the strap or it wears off after 5 mins!

Thanks

Phil

I have a different model UN.

On mine the RG is not that good:

Not sure if it is same factory though.