When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"officne" instead of "officine"

Yeah, we noticed about 6 years ago and most of us stopped caring about 5 years ago, but good eye ;)

good eye for a noob guy! ;) I was surprised because rep-addicted are focused on very small details (pin brushed and similar) but in that selling post nobody noticed this mistake. We are talking about a pam sold very quickly for more than 200 euros.

The main question is how the hell a verry bad rep like the one shown here: http://www.rwgforum....itare-titanium/ could have been bought 218€ ? :lol:

My point exactly.......

Seen it a lot recently...but its sellers perogative and buyers choice :)

The main question is how the hell a verry bad rep like the one shown here: http://www.rwgforum....itare-titanium/ could have been bought 218€ ? :lol:

My point exactly.......

Seen it a lot recently...but its sellers perogative and buyers choice :)

I would just like to put it out there that if you have any of these "OFFICNE" misspelled movements, specifically the ETA2893-2 & 2892-2 w/ soprod 9040 I would gladly take them off your hands in exchange for correctly spelled/vanilla movements. :)

MMK Firstly I'm sorry that some of the responses to your post have been Rude, somewhat disparaging and quite frankly hypocritical. A large number of us rightly or wrongly do care about these kind of details and kudos to you for spotting this. When I saw the post I did think that the movement was the best thing about this watch, I would of been a bit miffed if I only noticed when it was in my hands. The watch is a bit of mis-mash of models 36/61/177 etc but I do hope the new owner enjoys it for what it is despite its flaws.

I'm surprised that this incorrect spelling hasn't been noticed before on other manual wind models. If the watch had been said to come from EL or Hopno then I'm sure the usual sycophantic w4nkfest would have ensued.

As has been briefly mentioned, quite a few years ago a number of watches contained incorrectly spelt movements. These were on the 027/028 Power Reserves and the 029/063. Folklore says these came from Eddie Lee or Hopno but that just Marketing BS as most dealers could get them, I think PWC was the last to have them on his iOffer page,but that was at least 3 years ago. I started a post here a while back that has some great examples.

These watches were expensive then $500 + and mainly because of the movements but these days those watches can command 2 or 3 times that amount.

So the inquisitive part in me kind of wants to know if there is any connection between these types of movements and the one in the sale.

I don't have the eye to tell if its a swiss movement or Asian but i hope its a swiss. Whatever $ we throw at our watches they are still reps at the end of the day. I think given the recent quality of the A7753's and the 005/111/177/219's etc we have all taken a hit on the value of our PAM collections.

I kind of like the Flaws especially when they aint obvious like this misspelling, they add character and a part of the story.

Cheers

ST4

Did you read any of the posts mate ?

Cause I have reread them a few times and I can't see where you get rude or disparaging from any of them and please tell me where the hypocrisy is?

Just my thoughts Pete, I just think its sad that when a relatively new poster makes a post, that his point is addressed so nonchalantly and dismissively, when he should be commended for pointing it out. Though I care less about the finer details of my reps than some around here , I do not want to be categorised in a group that says that "don't" care as that frankly it isn't the case the case for me. I have not been around for "That" long and I have never noticed a manual wind unitas with this spelling so to me its an interesting find .I just want to encourage The inquiring mind of newish member and stick to the OP. Your posts Pete point towards the "other' flaws and the original Sales thread where as I am interested in movement thats all.

Just my thoughts Pete, I just think its sad that when a relatively new poster makes a post, that his point is addressed so nonchalantly and dismissively, when he should be commended for pointing it out. Though I care less about the finer details of my reps than some around here , I do not want to be categorised in a group that says that "don't" care as that frankly it isn't the case the case for me. I have not been around for "That" long and I have never noticed a manual wind unitas with this spelling so to me its an interesting find .I just want to encourage The inquiring mind of newish member and stick to the OP. Your posts Pete point towards the "other' flaws and the original Sales thread where as I am interested in movement thats all.

I didn't want to be "nonchalantly and dismissively" and I'm sorry if you think so. But consider for a moment my personal point of view. I'm enjoying this forum and the world of pam-reps for a few weeks. I'm favourably impressed how much everyone cares about details I cannot either imagine they exist (the pin of cg, the right smell of rubber) and when I saw in the post mentioned (not by me!) that flaw, it seemed very hard to understand why it was not so relevant for other users.

Maybe since I'm italian, I've an advantage with OP and I can easily notice this kind of flaw instead all the technicalities.

I think this just highlights what we as individuals read into what is written...

From my POV all I read was a bit of banter..... nothing more

I made my first point in the hope that M might start considering the rest of the watch after spotting one of the movements flaws.... the second was in reply to HTs comment and the need to be aware and take responsibility for what your buying before you buy it... again something that is relevant to us all but especially any new guy..

W only added his WTB post as he is trying to corner the market in rep parts for his new global watch repairing empire ... ;)

061204watchmaker_001.jpg