When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5th Gen PO - Franken Pics

zorg2000k

Well,

Here I am again this time with a 5th gen PO 42mm Franken project.

Again I have used a fellow member on here to complete the mods for me as I have no skills in this area :brow:

So here a list of all the part I bought :

Gen Swiss Eta 2824-2 Movement

Swiss Eta Stem

OME-086ST0115 - Genuine Omega Planet Ocean Helium Release Valve Stainless Steel

OME-2500-DIAL#2 - Omega Dial For Model 2209.50.00 Caliber 2500

OME-082SU1773 - Omega Bezel, Orange for Planet Ocean

HAN-4151 - Genuine Omega Cal 2500 Second Hand Silver Arrow Luminous With Red Tip

HAN-4150 - Genuine Omega Cal 2500 Hour & Minute Hands Silver Arrow With Luminous

OME- 069ST42184 - Omega Stainless Steel Crown

OME-090ST1232 - Omega Case Tube

I'm still waiting on the following to arrive but I wanted to show some pics so far :thumbsupsmileyanim:

OME-SB3065 - Omega Sapphire Crystal 062SB30650

OME-088NS5139 - Genuine Omega Case Back Gasket, Planet Ocean

OME-298ZW2980 - Genuine Omega Crystal Gasket, Planet Ocean

Looking to find out if anybody has changed the caseback for a gen, does it fit ?

I will also be changing the end links of the SS Bracelet. Once thats done I think it will look really sweet :clapping:

dsc0058ur.jpg

dsc0049zj.jpg

dsc0060s.jpg

dsc0067p.jpg

dsc0061wo.jpg

lume.jpg

Edited by zorg2000k

WOW this ones going to be PERFECT! Just out of curiosity though, you are almost replacing everything with gen parts, that + assembly + cost of watch.....isnt it close to the price of a well looked after second hand gen? :g:

• 2 weeks later...

WOW this ones going to be PERFECT! Just out of curiosity though, you are almost replacing everything with gen parts, that + assembly + cost of watch.....isnt it close to the price of a well looked after second hand gen? :g:

Yes your right, close to seondhand gen price, but I bought some of the gen part from members on another rep site, much cheaper than Ofrei / CousinUK.

Best bargain was the Swiss Movement £50 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 1 month later...

Nice watch, you can't get called out on that one :D. I am getting the inspiration to Franken my PO 45mm.

Is it even possible to franken a PO 45mm? I thought it was impossible, which is why I put mine up for trade for a 42mm... If it can indeed be a Franken, I might as well hold on to mine, since it's in brand new condition lol..

Is it even possible to franken a PO 45mm? I thought it was impossible, which is why I put mine up for trade for a 42mm... If it can indeed be a Franken, I might as well hold on to mine, since it's in brand new condition lol..

Yes 45mm PO can be modded with Gen parts, Lots of posted on here, :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A few years ago when the 4th gen was available I made up a calculation for a Planet Ocean Franken and it led me directly into buying a gen. With the parts listed above it is something like $850 just for gen parts + the base watch $300 = $1150 bucks. To make it a really good franken you'll need gen bracelet end links and clasp (another 254 bucks) or a gen rubber strap with buckle (240 bucks). So you'll end up in the $1400 range, where you can put $500 on top and get a used gen, that will hold its value better and will have a better movement.

But of course - the fun of a franken project has to be considered too....

A few years ago when the 4th gen was available I made up a calculation for a Planet Ocean Franken and it led me directly into buying a gen. With the parts listed above it is something like $850 just for gen parts + the base watch $300 = $1150 bucks. To make it a really good franken you'll need gen bracelet end links and clasp (another 254 bucks) or a gen rubber strap with buckle (240 bucks). So you'll end up in the $1400 range, where you can put $500 on top and get a used gen, that will hold its value better and will have a better movement.

But of course - the fun of a franken project has to be considered too....

Yes your right if I paid full price for all the parts it would be about the price of a used gen. I was fortunate to obtain most gen parts from sales on other rep sites.

I have a gen 45mm PO but I prefer the smaller 42mm version on my wrist.

Got the gen Crystal installed now , some updated pics below

28979331.jpg

75912235.jpg

75760783.jpg

Lume after 10 sec direct sun light :thumbsupsmileyanim:

96078060.jpg

Well took the plundge and bought one PO end link for my 42mm PO SS Bracelet.

Only bought one as I was unsure if they would fit, good new yes they do fit. Looks like I will need to order another now.

Next day from CousinsUK so no big deal.

Some pics below.

First picture gen on the left and rep on th right :

Notice the numbers upside down on the rep. It also feels heavier as well.

90366407.jpg

Next a quick picture of the gap on the rep bracelet :

30478095.jpg

And finally a pic with the gen end link attatched. I must say what a difference it has made :thumbsupsmileyanim:

17460583.jpg

Awesome Zorg!! COngrats on putting this baby together. Im enjoying my franken too, and will definitely be considering gen endlinks now (wasnt too sure about it at first), so thanks.

One more question. Yours is a 5th gen right? Is your He valve / crown flush with the case? Does it screw / unscrew or have you had it epoxied shut?

Regards

Awesome Zorg!! COngrats on putting this baby together. Im enjoying my franken too, and will definitely be considering gen endlinks now (wasnt too sure about it at first), so thanks.

One more question. Yours is a 5th gen right? Is your He valve / crown flush with the case? Does it screw / unscrew or have you had it epoxied shut?

Regards

Yes 5th gen. HE Vavle is flush to the case, and epoxied shut which makes it very waterproof :thumbsupsmileyanim: Tested to 150 meters :whistling:

Just need to order up caseback and bracelet clasp and thats me done :drinks:

Hey Zorg

Thanks for the reply buddy. Hmmmmmmmm, well it seems mine doesnt sit flush to the case (but mine isnt epoxied shut)......it still screws / unscrews?

One more question if you dont mind, did your gen endlinks come with springbars? ;)

Thank you

Hey Zorg

Thanks for the reply buddy. Hmmmmmmmm, well it seems mine doesnt sit flush to the case (but mine isnt epoxied shut)......it still screws / unscrews?

One more question if you dont mind, did your gen endlinks come with springbars? ;)

Thank you

Hi, yes the endlink came with springbars. was very tight fit onto the first rep bracelet link, but it fits. The rep springbar fell right through the gen end link ! so you need to use gen springbars

Hi everybody,

Wonderful mod, it's even better than a genuine!!!!!.

I would like to change my 4th generation PO bezel with a genuine from ofrei.

As I can see gen bezel fits on a 5th generation PO but does anybody know if it does on my 4th generation?.

Heres my 4th gen thread :thumbsupsmileyanim: