When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 1675

Olivax

Hello guys,

As the post says I'm trying to build a franken 1675. I've already collected the following parts

- Josh 1655 with asian movmt

- Swiss ETA 2893-2

- Gen Dial

- WholesaleOutlet990 Bezel Assembly and hands

- Gen Pepsi Insert and black insert as well

- Trying to source a gen 25-116 plexi (anyone who can help is welcome ;-))

I'm also trying to source a gen 62510h bracelet because imho it's the best fit.

Now my problem is to find someone who can build this piece for me and age the hand and case? Do you guys know someone who can help me? I'm located in Spain (EU)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks as well to Star69, chiman and rolexaddict which post help me start this project!

Keep your eye on the vintage rolex forum for parts.

You can often find the crystals and bracelets on eBay

Good luck with your project!

Yes, there is a guy with a pile of GMT bezels there now, very tempting, as it is one of the last pieces needed for my Franken GMT:

IMG_0998.jpg

Yes, there is a guy with a pile of GMT bezels there now, very tempting, as it is one of the last pieces needed for my Franken GMT:

OOoooOOooHHhh yeah! And now my Franken 5512 has a Gen insert on the way!

@ Olivax - When you say "with Asian movement" Do you mean with ETA clone, or 21j? The ETA may not transplant into the case if its a 21j case. The sandwich of Dial, spacer, movement may not allow the stem to align properly anymore.

As far as the 25-116 goes. . . *paging Blix

Hello guys,

As the post says I'm trying to build a franken 1675. I've already collected the following parts

- Josh 1655 with asian movmt

- Swiss ETA 2893-2

- Gen Dial

- WholesaleOutlet990 Bezel Assembly and hands

- Gen Pepsi Insert and black insert as well

- Trying to source a gen 25-116 plexi (anyone who can help is welcome ;-))

I'm also trying to source a gen 62510h bracelet because imho it's the best fit.

Now my problem is to find someone who can build this piece for me and age the hand and case? Do you guys know someone who can help me? I'm located in Spain (EU)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks as well to Star69, chiman and rolexaddict which post help me start this project!

Ask Domenico... He's the man for this kind of works!

Quick question for you concerning the dial...I thought that a genuine dial wouldn't fit the rep? I thought it was too small? Could a Yuki dial be used?

Quick question for you concerning the dial...I thought that a genuine dial wouldn't fit the rep? I thought it was too small? Could a Yuki dial be used?

Hmmmm...my case was OK with the authentic dial. It is an old school "TW best" case, but not a 1675 case. I had a few other vintage 1675 reps before I went to work on building my franken. Most of the reps out there of the 1675 are pretty bad; used the bulkier Submariner case, had wrong hand stack and mislabeled dials. Heck even the MBW 1675 I had was pretty bad, poor yellowed markers and glossy dial.

cool project.

I just bought the EXACT same parts for my 1675 project. Josh Asian 1655, two rough gen dials on VRF, ETA2893-2 and MrSlimeball990 Bezel set. Not sure what i am going to use for a crystal yet. I'll probably just use the stock one until I make another order from Clarkes. Hopefully you have no problems with your hands clearing the dial with the 2893 in the Josh case. Ive been reading a lot that its a nightmare to install and needs the taller H5 Canon pin and hour wheel installed.

Let me know how it turns out.