When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad night with my brandy new 219L

ATEspo

So I ordered up a 219L from Angus to use only the case/crystal for a 112 build.

It just came in the mail yesterday and like every new watch I get, I have to put it on my wrist the minute I open it.

I had a video shoot at the studio and decided to wear the 219. Well soon as I got into the car I took it off my wrist to adjust the time to be spot on with my phone. Inbetween that and a doobie I forgot to put it back on my wrist and got out of the car and heard it hit the asphalt hard. I was driving my Jeep so I sit up a little higher than a car....so my week long wait to get this thing so I can send it out to Rex and use it as a donor is now delayed again.

Its really not that bad, just a few knicks in the case on the side and one or two scratches/knicks on the bezel. Surprisingly the cg and crystal are unharmed (and I noticed it fall and flip onto the crystal)

Looks like I am no longer using it for the case/crystal. I am going to order another one and keep this one and wear it as a 'beater'.

Onto some pictures from my iPhone.

narf1.jpg

narf2.jpg

narf3.jpg

Gotta add a beauty shot of this thing while im here...

watches25.jpg

i'll take it off your hands. no one wants to keep a banged up watch :D

You obviously haven't visited the vintage area. ;)

Still a lovely looking watch and if anything the few nicks gives it more authenticity.

Ken

You obviously haven't visited the vintage area. ;)

Still a lovely looking watch and if anything the few nicks gives it more authenticity.

Ken

Absolutely, thats why I am keeping it as is, I am not going to rip it apart and use the case as I originally planned.

It just sucks that it happened within hours of receiving it.

It put up a fight after being dropped over three feet (one metre) off the ground, I had a skeletonised 6497 that I dropped onto a tiled floor, the whole thing stopped working immediately... :(

These PAMs are built tough :)

Choker my friend.... but nothing that cant be sorted... ;)

In which case mate why not go for the $168 111J that Trevor is offering with extra leather straps for the first 88 orders on RG :)