When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why is replica lume so poor in general?

calatrava

Replica Lume  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How much more would you pay for better lume on your high end replica?

• $5
    • $10
    • $20
    • $40
    • Nothing, the factory lume is good enough.

I was wondering why replica manufacturers don't use superluminova pigments in their higher end replicas, it is somewhat annoying to have a out of box replica with weak lume, since it dramatically compromises the functionality of the watch, and costs much more to fix after market, than it would for the replica manufacturers to get it right at the get go.

I guess I would like to know what is the secret of powerful lume on a watch, is it simply an issue of using superluminova pigments, or does one have to apply multiple coats as well? If it was just an issue of using better lume powder, we should really start applying pressure to the dealers to get the factories to up their game in this regard.

Edited by calatrava

it's about delivering the bare minimum acceptable to the buyer, to maximize profits earned.

I just added a poll to see if people would be willing to pay more for good lume on their watch. To put things in perspective, how much would it cost in raw materials to use superluminova to lume a typical diver watch?

Workers steal the good stuff according to a dealer.

And here's a trace of the real differences between Rep and Gen pricing. If your worker steals the expensive stuff maybe he's not paid enough to develop some loyalty? Just food for thought.

Val.

Well, this was the old and former discussion about the value of good bright lume. Arguments were that the lume was worth more than gold for the same weight. Other arguments were that the replica factory workers would steal it. Blablabla..

The recent releases from the H-factory with models like PAM026, PAM212, PAM253, PAM288, PAM219, PAM177, PAM005 just proof that good lume does not have to be expensive anymore. So the question of paying a bit more is not relevant imo. Just the other factories should be able or be willing to find a good supplier of good lume, same as the H-factory uses...