When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Congrats to RWG for some great watches!

plymman

Hi all,

I'm a regular on one of the other rep forums but am a member of all of them and have only recently spent some time on RWG but I have to say this forum has some great looking watches! I'm not sure why but RWG seems to have some of the nicest modded watches on the classifieds I've seen in some time, some lovely Tudors and vintages have come up for sale in the last couple of weeks, watches of real quality I've rarely seen elsewhere. I'm only into high quality reps and nice vintages and have just picked up something for myself from the sales section.

It looks like I'll be spending a lot more time here in the future!

Welcome to RWG plymman,there are Indeed some beautiful watches around here. I might also add that there are some very talented people that service/mod these Interesting timepieces. I have also been around to the other boards,I always return here because there Is no finer horological community on the Interwebs :D .Good to have you here.:) Mike

Thanks for your kind welcome! I'm increasingly amazed at how knowledgable and friendly fellow rep enthusiasts are. I used to think 'fakes' were all really poor street market rubbish but the rep world has really opened my eyes.

I've been into watches for a long time, have a small collection and a couple of nice gens and always used to frequent the 'proper' watch forums but have no plans to return to them since finding the rep forums, there's a whole lot more knowledge in this little niche and non of the snobby attitude and one upmanship you find at the gen forums.

BTW its worrying that I'm already spending on the RWG classifieds and I haven't even clocked up 10 posts yet!

Edited by plymman

Thanks for your kind welcome! I'm increasingly amazed at how knowledgable and friendly fellow rep enthusiasts are. I used to think 'fakes' were all really poor street market rubbish but the rep world has really opened my eyes.

I've been into watches for a long time, have a small collection and a couple of nice gens and always used to frequent the 'proper' watch forums but have no plans to return to them since finding the rep forums, there's a whole lot more knowledge in this little niche and non of the snobby attitude and one upmanship you find at the gen forums.

BTW its worrying that I'm already spending on the RWG classifieds and I haven't even clocked up 10 posts yet!

Well said Plymman :good: We embrace all watches here at RWG,not just reps. But It is trully amazing how well made reps are today. I also thought reps were garbage and people who wore them were phony,I could not have been more wrong,quite the opposite actually. It sounds to me that you have found a new home plymman,If you have any questions,please dont hesitate. :) Mike

That's the worry, i've reduced my reps from a dozen to just 3 or 4 in the last couple of months but the number's starting to rise again. Im sure a drug habit would be cheaper and more manageable!

"Im sure a drug habit would be cheeper and more manageable" With a little pratice, I found the right balance to enjoy both. :partytime:

You're right Buddy, this place has awesome pieces because we have some amazing modders here and members with insance creativity and guts that love "making special things happen".

What I also like about this forum is that it is very bright, clear and easy to use.

Enjoy!

Totally agree. Before I'm into this hobby I thought reps are just cheap watches which couldn't last long. Never think that I can mod them step by step and make them sometimes can be even better than the gen. The RWG have all the experts and contains a wealth of information so that we can work towards such perfection.

Be sure not to miss out of anything! There is a "I want to buy section" that is wery powerful. I just found my grail using that section. Alot of ppl dont put their watches up for sale, but instead contact you when they realise that someone else want that special watch :)